Nathan Redmond

Dusic

Its good to see him finally contributing something, but he has to keep doing it, we have seen fits of good play for him before only for him to then become ineffectual again.

Thats true, he was particularly good for a couple of months around the time of the League Cup Semi finals against Liverpool under the French guy

Do the Irish FA employee someone whose sole job is to trace some tenuous Irish link to decent players do they ever play Irish players who play in the league of Ireland?

The need it, to be honest. The badly need some new attacking players.

Redmond & Obafemi would be really good for them.

Edited by SuperSAINT

Another Les Reed signing doing well. Vestergaard coming good as well, Ings scoring for fun, Bednarek looking a class act, Armstrong looking good, Hojbjerg and Lemina becoming the one of the best central midfield pairings outside the top 6. It’s no wonder the FA have snapped him up.

Do the Irish FA employee someone whose sole job is to trace some tenuous Irish link to decent players do they ever play Irish players who play in the league of Ireland?

I would imagine all the various FA’s scouting departments are combing the world looking for available talent however tenuous the link......

Another Les Reed signing doing well. Vestergaard coming good as well, Ings scoring for fun, Bednarek looking a class act, Armstrong looking good, Hojbjerg and Lemina becoming the one of the best central midfield pairings outside the top 6. It’s no wonder the FA have snapped him up.
Turkish you are a card, you like Les disappeared for a long time and now with a glimmer of improvement you rise your head with 'Trust in Les'stuff lol

To qualify for Jack Carlton's World Cup Squad, I think you ad to prove that you had drunk at least 1 pint in your lifetime, or if not, that your Mum, Dad, Gran or Grandad had

ive just stuck a tenner on redmond to score anytime for tonight.

Well a follow up on this^^

Didn’t even receive my money instantly :x

Had to go through a very tedious and arduous dispute as bet365 put this down as an ‘Ogbonna own goal.’

Eventually they gave in.

In short, bookies are cu*ts.

Well a follow up on this^^

Didn’t even receive my money instantly :x

Had to go through a very tedious and arduous dispute as bet365 put this down as an ‘Ogbonna own goal.’

Eventually they gave in.

In short, bookies are cu*ts.

Bet3.65 are the worst. Fair play for digging in.

• 3 weeks later...

Another decent game, him and Long ram themselves into the ground.

Good to hear the fans finally singing his name, there were a couple of songs going around yesterday, the version of Starman will probably stick.

He's a Starman

Playing on the right

His name is Nathan Redmond

And he's ****ing dynamite

Another decent game, him and Long ram themselves into the ground.

Good to hear the fans finally singing his name, there were a couple of songs going around yesterday, the version of Starman will probably stick.

He's a Starman

Playing on the right

His name is Nathan Redmond

And he's ****ing dynamite

That's quite a good (and as far as I know) unique chant (so will probably never catch on) but if I was Nathan Redman I'd be inclined to stick up a couple of fingers and boo the same way those numpty fans did to him at Craven Cottage and numerous other times. Same with so many of our own players. Long will probably go on a little run now all the "hate" and "sh*te" will evaporate for a bit.

Nice chant though.

That's quite a good (and as far as I know) unique chant (so will probably never catch on) but if I was Nathan Redman I'd be inclined to stick up a couple of fingers and boo the same way those numpty fans did to him at Craven Cottage and numerous other times. Same with so many of our own players. Long will probably go on a little run now all the "hate" and "sh*te" will evaporate for a bit.

Nice chant though.

Wales fans sing it for Ben Woodburn.

Massive respect for Redmond, agree that he's been like this all season - not just since Ralph. Much more direct, lots more confidence, seems to have more upper body strength and can beat players a lot easier.

A great outlet for us - we just need someone similar to him out wide side so we can really, really stretch sides.

He has been one of our better players this season, but no way I would be offering him a new deal....yet. Still has alot to prove imo.

We have hamstrung ourselves with extended contracts for average players, so we should see how the rest of the season pans out imo.

According to a report in The Sun, apparently we want to extend his contract. (No surprise there!)

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/01/14/do-report-hasenhuttl-makes-decision-about-future-of-southamptons/

Think I’d wait until the summer to ensure his up turn in form is sumbstained and not just a few good games. We are quick to moan about players on long term deals so think they need to be earned based on a longer period of time than just half a dozen games

New deal an absolute no brainer for Saints - protects his increasing value and ties him down for longer. In todays market and if he continues his form then he is worth over £30m easily. He has earned it with his performances and few players ever turn around a situation once it goes sour at a club so fair play to him.

Personally for him, its a bit tougher IMO.

He presumably likes working with RH and can see he is improving and so are the team. With RH in charge it could be a good next 18 months or so.

Flip side - I don't think he will ever forgive the section of fans that went too far in their abuse of him, and he might think he has restored and then improved his reputation by the end of the season and might be keen to take a next step.

Player of the Season so far by an absolute country mile. Hopefully he continues his form, wins that award and signs a new deal.

If he could see a pass and finish better he'd be brilliant. Maybe he'll improve with age. Good finish for his goal, one of the worst penalties I've seen, and should have played others in quite a few times when a goal was begging. Did make us more of an attacking threat though. But why was everyone else so soporific? They looked knackered and overtrained again to me. Shares of West Ham. Or maybe we can't play at home anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, just to state the obvious, the only reason we had a chance to win both games versus Derby was because of Redmond.

We are so reliant on him from an attacking perspective and that showed last night.

Some of his poor decision making was probably alsondriven from the fact he knew he had to go it alone in order for us to progress.

Poor penalty, absolutely.

But he was head and shoulders above any other player on the pitch in both games and is currently our best player.

So, just to state the obvious, the only reason we had a chance to win both games versus Derby was because of Redmond.

We are so reliant on him from an attacking perspective and that showed last night.

Some of his poor decision making was probably alsondriven from the fact he knew he had to go it alone in order for us to progress.

Poor penalty, absolutely.

But he was head and shoulders above any other player on the pitch in both games and is currently our best player.

This is correct

He played well I won't take that away from him but he has a questionable attitude.... way to casual & cocky with the penalty & constantly moans at his teammates .... Thinks he's way better than he is

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

He played well I won't take that away from him but he has a questionable attitude.... way to casual & cocky with the penalty & constantly moans at his teammates .... Thinks he's way better than he is

Agreed. Attitude stinks. I mean, the guy realised he wasn’t playing well enough so he spent the whole summer working hard on his game to improve. What a douche. Not only that, but he has the nerve to work harder than most other players on the pitch, both in attack and defence. Also, I heard he has tremendous respect for his mum and makes sure his family benefits as much as possible from his good fortune. I mean, the guy is an absolute arse.

By the way, it’s a little bit rich given how much you moan on here, to have a pop and Redmond about the same. People in glass houses and all that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to say that this season I have seen very little of that from him, if he has it’s been justified.

I have to say that this season I have seen very little of that from him, if he has it’s been justified.

Playing with a smile on his face this season - even when things aren't going 100% right.

Does anyone know what the agro was in the second half that earned him a yellow. He was very angry about something an Everton player did?

Playing with a smile on his face this season - even when things aren't going 100% right.

Does anyone know what the agro was in the second half that earned him a yellow. He was very angry about something an Everton player did?

He kicked the ball underneath Gueye (who was shielding it with his body) and Gueye got up tried to start on him so Redmond held him and shoved him away

• Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Redmond