Nathan Redmond

Dusic

End product or no end product, I feel he leaves everything out on the pitch and is trying his utmost to create something, and for me that's all I ask. I was a huge critic last season I thought he was a waste of a place, and that he bottled it every time he had a chance to do something. This season he's picking the ball up, driving at defence's and driving the team forward with him, he looks a completely different player. The end product will come, and I'm really pleased for him that he's getting a lot of plaudits from most fans. Long may it continue and hopefully the results follow.

End product or no end product, I feel he leaves everything out on the pitch and is trying his utmost to create something, and for me that's all I ask. I was a huge critic last season I thought he was a waste of a place, and that he bottled it every time he had a chance to do something. This season he's picking the ball up, driving at defence's and driving the team forward with him, he looks a completely different player. The end product will come, and I'm really pleased for him that he's getting a lot of plaudits from most fans. Long may it continue and hopefully the results follow.

This.

What’s his assist and goal count looking like this season?

It's really hard to get assists when your strikers are absolute turd. He put several good balls in to the box today low and fast just begging for someone in a red and white shirt to get a foot to them and yet not one ****er in red and white gambled on them.

His shooting is turd though.

So what’s the difference between Redmond working hard but no end product in goals or assists and Long, who works hard, stretches defenders but also has no end product of goals? ����*♂️

Longs job is to finish chances created by others Redmond job is to give people the chance to finish...not his fault others can't finish.

Edited by doddisalegend

So what’s the difference between Redmond working hard but no end product in goals or assists and Long, who works hard, stretches defenders but also has no end product of goals? ����*♂️

I have no problem with Long either, I completely understand why he gets game time and I think it's more a reflection of how bad our recruitment has been that he can still be vital for us at times. His pace is a huge asset, even if his technical ability can sometimes be a limitation. Again, he leaves everything out on the pitch so I appreciate his effort for the team.

Beginning to think that Redmond might be our best player currently. If we had capable strikers he would be near Tadic first season level of assists at this point based on his chance creation.

Disappointingly there seems to still be a lot of anti-Redmond sentiment in the ground though, some guys near me were moaning about him all the way through the game.

Armstrong and Redmond seem to link together very effectively as well, we might be on the verge of solving our goal scoring issues. Shame about the defence though...

He has been so much better and yesterday rightly MoM but wish he'd just be a bit more composed with final ball, does the hard work with runs, takes people on then gives it away too often
Is it composure with the final ball or just a lack of quality movement from his team mates - there were a lot of times yesterday where the latter was happening. Often Redmond seems to make a poor decision but actually has no choice because no one is running for him

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Is it composure with the final ball or just a lack of quality movement from his team mates - there were a lot of times yesterday where the latter was happening. Often Redmond seems to make a poor decision but actually has no choice because no one is running for him

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

A bit of both but I counted at least 4 times in second half that he had 3 players to pick out but hit the first defender (or played the pass behind the player he was trying to pick out).

Be careful what you wish for, Pep may have an eye on him !

I've been impressed with Redmond all season, he seems to have woken up under Hughes and is a rare positive in what is turning out to be another turd of a season. Lets not forget he's had Long and Austin around him for most of the games. Our first goal yesterday showed how effective he can be when running at defences, together with Obi - quick feet and vision to put Armstrong in, bang 1-0 easy.

I just wish he would have a quick look left or right now and then. He gets right up to the defender and then looks to see who's around and loses the ball in the process. Obsfemi was available on three occasions yesterday but had to come for the pass rather than receive it. I often wonder if these players have a look at themselves on the match video? We just keep making the same simple errors.

He’s been brilliant this season. Some people who love to scapegoat can’t seem to accept it, but he’s good. Probably our best player at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My only criticism would be he’s got to shoot sooner, pass sooner, cross sooner. I can understand why he takes that extra touch or tried to go past one last player but he’d benefit from a “keep it simple” approach.

If anyone has any doubts about how bad our recruitment has been the past few years....

Henry is now one of our best players :facepalm::facepalm:

Yeah there is an element of this- he is not a top 10 PL player like Mane/Tadic was- best he’ll ever be is for a PL team fighting relegation- like us now and Norwich a few years back.

However, his dribbling has improved marginally but I still don’t think he has the brain to be a top 6/Leicester/Everton level player

He was meant to be our Juanmi replacement ffs- shows how much Boufal flopped and Elyounoussi still not ready yet

Edited by nta786

He’s been brilliant this season. Some people who love to scapegoat can’t seem to accept it, but he’s good. Probably our best player at the moment.

We're in the bottom 3. Anybody that's deemed our "best player" is still sh1t.

Running doesn't make you a good player.

He still looks absolutely clueless when he gets to the final third and has to do something with the ball. Can't pass, can't cross, can't shoot.

If anyone has any doubts about how bad our recruitment has been the past few years....

Henry is now one of our best players :facepalm::facepalm:

Run your socks off and the mongs on here will make you a cult hero.

Don't need to be any good at what you're paid to do, just need to run around for 90 minutes.

Redmond created the goal with his dribbling before hand. Stupid comment.

So Redmond created the assist not Obi? you need to stop taking drugs mate.

Obi made the final pass, he did the hard work found the space in a tight spot surrounded by united players and laid a ball off that some one managed to get on the end off.. Redmond played well, ran around the pitch very very well indeed. was almost like I was watching Shane Long. 14 starts 0 assists 0 goals, End of the day, that is all that matters.

Cool story.

Let me know when "forced good save" becomes a relevant stat and I might start paying more attention.

well the can’t shoot is not right. You have an issue with the lad so there is no cure for you. The player has tried his best to improve and so called fans can’t be arsed to give some slack

So Redmond created the assist not Obi? you need to stop taking drugs mate.

Obi made the final pass, he did the hard work found the space in a tight spot surrounded by united players and laid a ball off that some one managed to get on the end off.. Redmond played well, ran around the pitch very very well indeed. was almost like I was watching Shane Long. 14 starts 0 assists 0 goals, End of the day, that is all that matters.

Mess. So Redmond didn’t do well dribbling round 3-4 players and passing it to Obafemi? You love JWP so I’ll ignore you.

Mess. So Redmond didn’t do well dribbling round 3-4 players and passing it to Obafemi? You love JWP so I’ll ignore you.

I don't love JWP, I just stat the fact he has far more End product in his toe than Redmond does altogether, nothing to be shamed off, JWP may be slow as hell, But he has still got more assists and goals for Saints in the last 3 seasons than your bum chum Redmond has and yet never god dam plays, Even Obi has done more in the league than Redmond and he has not even had 90 mins yet.

I don't care what player it is, I will ALWAYS rather a youth product weather good enough or not be starting ahead of brought player's who play for the wage packet than the badge on his shirt.

Well that confirms you know **** all!

is it? I watch Shane long, I expect 0 assists and 0 goals, I do expect him to work hard, and run about and mess up every thing else. Sounds just like Redmond no? unless you have some stats to say he has in fact contributed some thin got the EPL season so far?

Does he run around a lot? Yes

Does he score goals? No

Does he assist goals? No

I don't love JWP, I just stat the fact he has far more End product in his toe than Redmond does altogether, nothing to be shamed off, JWP may be slow as hell, But he has still got more assists and goals for Saints in the last 3 seasons than your bum chum Redmond has and yet never god dam plays, Even Obi has done more in the league than Redmond and he has not even had 90 mins yet.

I don't care what player it is, I will ALWAYS rather a youth product weather good enough or not be starting ahead of brought player's who play for the wage packet than the badge on his shirt.

Worst post I’ve ever seen on this forum in a long time.

I’m not a fan of either Jwp or Redmond, but Redmond has far more danger than the myth that is JWP.

That youth product comment is naive, if JWP got a better offer he’d be off. Silly.

Worst post I’ve ever seen on this forum in a long time.

I’m not a fan of either Jwp or Redmond, but Redmond has far more danger than the myth that is JWP.

That youth product comment is naive, if JWP got a better offer he’d be off. Silly.

What is so dangerous about a dude that can run and dribble but cant do nothing else? you can give Redmond time and space cause he is going to do f all with it, you give any player with a decent end product time and space and you will get punished for it. take them dam rose tinted glasses off.

What is so dangerous about a dude that can run and dribble but cant do nothing else? you can give Redmond time and space cause he is going to do f all with it, you give any player with a decent end product time and space and you will get punished for it. take them dam rose tinted glasses off.

He drags 3 or 4 players out of position creating space for phase 2, 3 or 4 of an attack, he might not get the final assist but his dribbling creates space for the next phase of that attack. However JWP slows play down and every 100th set piece will get his assist. Put Redmond on every set piece and I guarantee you he will get an assist.

Thanks for your time.

is it? I watch Shane long, I expect 0 assists and 0 goals, I do expect him to work hard, and run about and mess up every thing else. Sounds just like Redmond no? unless you have some stats to say he has in fact contributed some thin got the EPL season so far?

Does he run around a lot? Yes

Does he score goals? No

Does he assist goals? No

Well clearly he assisted in Armstrong's first at Fulham and his goal versus United, so yes - thats two pieces of play that led to goals in our last two games.

He drags 3 or 4 players out of position creating space for phase 2, 3 or 4 of an attack, he might not get the final assist but his dribbling creates space for the next phase of that attack. However JWP slows play down and every 100th set piece will get his assist. Put Redmond on every set piece and I guarantee you he will get an assist.

Thanks for your time.

If you say so. 0 assists and counting Ill come back when he FINALY makes it to 1.

If you say so. 0 assists and counting Ill come back when he FINALY makes it to 1.

Of course he would, any pro player can take a decent set piece if they take every single one. Law of averages.

Don’t worry I’m sure you can see how good JWP is when he signs for a championship side or when he plays against spurs

Of course he would, any pro player can take a decent set piece if they take every single one. Law of averages.

Don’t worry I’m sure you can see how good JWP is when he signs for a championship side or when he plays against spurs

Really?

Redmond has taken around 60 % of all free kicks and corners, JWP has taken about 0.01 % Bertand 30 %, Cedric + Hoj 9.99 %. Remind me the last time we scored form a corner? Was it not at Everton? Thought so.

Really?

Redmond has taken around 60 % of all free kicks and corners, JWP has taken about 0.01 % Bertand 30 %, Cedric + Hoj 9.99 %. Remind me the last time we scored form a corner? Was it not at Everton? Thought so.

Fake news. Worst stats I’ve ever seen. There is a reason JWP doesn’t start, and hasn’t under 5 or 6 managers. He isn’t very good. He might now and then whip in a nice ball, but his overall game play and team work is poor.

You’d probably pick him over Mane or Ronaldo.

Sorry, I know this upsets you, but you can still keep your poster up.

Fake news. Worst stats I’ve ever seen. There is a reason JWP doesn’t start, and hasn’t under 5 or 6 managers. He isn’t very good. He might now and then whip in a nice ball, but his overall game play and team work is poor.

You’d probably pick him over Mane or Ronaldo.

Sorry, I know this upsets you, but you can still keep your poster up.

0 assists 0 goals.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Redmond