Nathan Redmond

Dusic

Playing v well but still hugely frustrating as doesn’t have the instinct/‘football brain’ to make the right decision. Same often levelled against Walcott.

Sounds churlish but will be the difference in some games

Thank god all the other players in the squad make the right decision all the time eh? its such a weird thing to say loads of our players play the wrong ball, play loose passes or try to over complicate things at times its not really criticism that should be levelled at Redmond alone.

Thank god all the other players in the squad make the right decision all the time eh? its such a weird thing to say loads of our players play the wrong ball, play loose passes or try to over complicate things at times its not really criticism that should be levelled at Redmond alone.

Not a weird thing to say it is what I observe.

Some players have better reading of the game.

Such a strange thing to challenge as clearly you cannot comprehend. ‘ yeah but others do it’ so how can it be more prominent in others. Low IQ

Football brain or willing to try something that doesn't happen?

All hail Redmond now eh. I probably supported him more than most and now those same ones who used to slaughter him think he has now become a football genius.

All hail Redmond now eh. I probably supported him more than most and now those same ones who used to slaughter him think he has now become a football genius.

This place career from one extreme to the other. Nah never...

Like you, I’ve defended Redmond in the past; but I’m not blind to his limitations. I stick by my assertion that his ceiling is Aaron Lennon in his prime.

Not a weird thing to say it is what I observe.

Some players have better reading of the game.

Such a strange thing to challenge as clearly you cannot comprehend. ‘ yeah but others do it’ so how can it be more prominent in others. Low IQ

Says the guy who has just used one straight out of the football clichés play book...

Edited by doddisalegend

He played well I won't take that away from him but he has a questionable attitude.... way to casual & cocky with the penalty & constantly moans at his teammates .... Thinks he's way better than he is

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

So must have imagined him going to Targett and apologising for over hitting pass when he hit hoardings?

Not seen him moan at anyone lately and held his hands up when cocked up, last year he was moaning not this.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Very disappointing that people sat behind me last night were giving Redmond stuck whenever anything he tried didnt come off.

The guy is our player of the season by an absolute country mile.

Noticeable with some that a mistake made by Redmond versus a mistake by JWP, Hojbjerg etc tends to get a very different reaction.

Thought that had been stamped out of the game, but lazy stereotypes remain unfortunately.

Very disappointing that people sat behind me last night were giving Redmond stuck whenever anything he tried didnt come off.

Noticeable with some that a mistake made by Redmond versus a mistake by JWP, Hojbjerg etc tends to get a very different reaction.

Thought that had been stamped out of the game, but lazy stereotypes remain unfortunately.

Havent you yet realised that so many football fans are solid bone from the neck up

Not sure JWP is a great example to use! He gets hammered for anything and everything.

There are a lot of fans who have been like this since we signed him. They felt vindicated when he had his awful run for us, they're too proud to now change up their opinion and realise that he’s actually a threat.

He's no world beater, but he's our outlet and he's doing ok.

Not sure JWP is a great example to use! He gets hammered for anything and everything.
Nowhere near what Redmond gets.

If NR doesn't get at least 75% of POTS votes then it will be further evidence that he is measured by a different criteria than others.

Without Redmond we would already be relegated.

If we are relegated he will have no shortage of suitors who are better than Saints.

• 1 month later...

Best player on the pitch again yesterday and was the threat we had that Brighton didn't.

The central role really suits him. Should have another big season next year in hopefully a better, more confident team.

Easily our most consistent player this season.

I actually think Ralph needs to have a word with Redmond in the same way he did jwp.. try to make him more aggressive in 50/50s and when challenging for the ball, sometimes he can be a bit too nice and lightweight.. it was evident yesterday when long went off, Redmond just couldn't hold up the ball or get control of it( not just basing it on against Liverpool) if prowsey can do it I see no reason Redmond can't bring out the nasty side

• 1 month later...

Good season from Redmond, easily deserving of the accolade. Hope he keeps it up next year and goes a step further.

I'd love another Redmond type player on the other side though, could make all the difference to us.

Great turnaround. Even though things weren’t coming off before RH came in, he was still our best player in the first half of the season. Remember watching the Newcastle home game and thinking he looked electric, but nobody finishing things off for him. Not sure he’ll ever have a totally brilliant relationship with the fans - anyone else think he shirks the Northam (even in the lap of appreciation the other week he seemed reluctant to acknowledge them). If so it would be fair enough IMO, treated horribly and there are still hangovers of that now in people’s reactions when he makes an error.

Great turnaround. Even though things weren’t coming off before RH came in, he was still our best player in the first half of the season. Remember watching the Newcastle home game and thinking he looked electric, but nobody finishing things off for him. Not sure he’ll ever have a totally brilliant relationship with the fans - anyone else think he shirks the Northam (even in the lap of appreciation the other week he seemed reluctant to acknowledge them). If so it would be fair enough IMO, treated horribly and there are still hangovers of that now in people’s reactions when he makes an error.

Even at the last game when he was lining up to take the shot for his goal matey behind me was saying "Over the bar over the bar over the Oh" that shut him up for the rest of the match haha

Redmond & JWP both miss out on the Nation's League. :-/

That's a joke. Both should be in that squad. Tell me how Delph, Gomez (whose hardly played to be fair cos of injury) and Lingard just walk into the squad. Well at least both will have proper rest time now before preseason :)

That's a joke. Both should be in that squad. Tell me how Delph, Gomez (whose hardly played to be fair cos of injury) and Lingard just walk into the squad. Well at least both will have proper rest time now before preseason :)

A rhetorical question of course.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Redmond