Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Nathan Redmond - New 4 Year Contract: Official

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Think Puel set him back with the whole "Henry" experiment and playing him out of position.

His attitude also seemed all wrong.

Fair play to him for recent form. He owes us more than 2-3 games though.

Confidence is key with this lad it seems
    You mean playing him in a more central position as Ralph has been doing?

Spot on

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post

Spot on
    Good lad

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Think Puel set him back with the whole "Henry" experiment and playing him out of position.
    What is his position boss?

Hasenhuttl is playing him narrow in a three man attack with Ings and Armstrong. Plus... when Obafemi came on vs Huddersfield, Redmond changed to playing as a central striker alongside Obafemi in a pairing.

4. Default

Chomp chomp chomp

Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post

Spot on
    Oh Dear Glasgow made to look silly again

People who know about football (i.e. me) have always said his best position would be as a more narrow supporting forward.

7. Default

Its good to see him finally contributing something, but he has to keep doing it, we have seen fits of good play for him before only for him to then become ineffectual again.

Quote Originally Posted by tajjuk View Post
    Its good to see him finally contributing something, but he has to keep doing it, we have seen fits of good play for him before only for him to then become ineffectual again.
    Thats true, he was particularly good for a couple of months around the time of the League Cup Semi finals against Liverpool under the French guy

9. Default Southampton star Redmond next on Mick McCarthy's Ireland recruitment drive

Interesting. Don't think he'll get another go with England so why not.

WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!

Do the Irish FA employee someone whose sole job is to trace some tenuous Irish link to decent players do they ever play Irish players who play in the league of Ireland?

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by doddisalegend View Post
    Do the Irish FA employee someone whose sole job is to trace some tenuous Irish link to decent players do they ever play Irish players who play in the league of Ireland?
    The need it, to be honest. The badly need some new attacking players.

Redmond & Obafemi would be really good for them.
    Last edited by SuperSAINT; 26-12-2018 at 08:45 AM.

Another Les Reed signing doing well. Vestergaard coming good as well, Ings scoring for fun, Bednarek looking a class act, Armstrong looking good, Hojbjerg and Lemina becoming the one of the best central midfield pairings outside the top 6. Itís no wonder the FA have snapped him up.

I would imagine all the various FA’s scouting departments are combing the world looking for available talent however tenuous the link......

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    Another Les Reed signing doing well. Vestergaard coming good as well, Ings scoring for fun, Bednarek looking a class act, Armstrong looking good, Hojbjerg and Lemina becoming the one of the best central midfield pairings outside the top 6. It’s no wonder the FA have snapped him up.
    Turkish you are a card, you like Les disappeared for a long time and now with a glimmer of improvement you rise your head with 'Trust in Les'stuff lol

Blog Entries

To qualify for Jack Carlton's World Cup Squad, I think you ad to prove that you had drunk at least 1 pint in your lifetime, or if not, that your Mum, Dad, Gran or Grandad had

I could see Redmond being close to a England call if he keeps his current form up

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pimpin4rizeal View Post
    I could see Redmond being close to a England call if he keeps his current form up
    Dont see why Ings shouldn’t either even if 3 of those have been penalties...

Ireland found out Hoedt had some Irish relatives, but ignore it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nta786 View Post
    Dont see why Ings shouldn’t either even if 3 of those have been penalties...
    Absolutely.

Blog Entries

Did it switch to Mosin too?

Blog Entries

ive just stuck a tenner on redmond to score anytime for tonight.

Blog Entries

ive just stuck a tenner on redmond to score anytime for tonight.
    Well a follow up on this^^

Didn’t even receive my money instantly

Had to go through a very tedious and arduous dispute as bet365 put this down as an ‘Ogbonna own goal.’
    Eventually they gave in.

In short, bookies are cu*ts.

Could be turning out for Ireland soon....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...k-Bamford.html

Blog Entries

Well a follow up on this^^

Didn’t even receive my money instantly

Had to go through a very tedious and arduous dispute as bet365 put this down as an ‘Ogbonna own goal.’
    Eventually they gave in.

In short, bookies are cu*ts.
    Bet3.65 are the worst. Fair play for digging in.

Another decent game, him and Long ram themselves into the ground.

Good to hear the fans finally singing his name, there were a couple of songs going around yesterday, the version of Starman will probably stick.

He's a Starman
    Playing on the right
    His name is Nathan Redmond
    And he's ****ing dynamite

WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!

He has been the stand out player this season for us even before Ralph turned up sounds like he worked his arse off defensively yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
    Another decent game, him and Long ram themselves into the ground.

Good to hear the fans finally singing his name, there were a couple of songs going around yesterday, the version of Starman will probably stick.

He's a Starman
    Playing on the right
    His name is Nathan Redmond
    And he's ****ing dynamite
    That's quite a good (and as far as I know) unique chant (so will probably never catch on) but if I was Nathan Redman I'd be inclined to stick up a couple of fingers and boo the same way those numpty fans did to him at Craven Cottage and numerous other times. Same with so many of our own players. Long will probably go on a little run now all the "hate" and "sh*te" will evaporate for a bit.

Nice chant though.

Quote Originally Posted by alehouseboys View Post
    That's quite a good (and as far as I know) unique chant (so will probably never catch on) but if I was Nathan Redman I'd be inclined to stick up a couple of fingers and boo the same way those numpty fans did to him at Craven Cottage and numerous other times. Same with so many of our own players. Long will probably go on a little run now all the "hate" and "sh*te" will evaporate for a bit.

Nice chant though.
    Wales fans sing it for Ben Woodburn.

The only thing I knew about that chant on first hearing was that our fans would have ripped it off from another club/player. I would have assumed United or City but Wales, fair enough.

He has been the stand out player this season for us even before Ralph turned up sounds like he worked his arse off defensively yesterday.
    Yeh agreed, he has been excellent

Massive respect for Redmond, agree that he's been like this all season - not just since Ralph. Much more direct, lots more confidence, seems to have more upper body strength and can beat players a lot easier.

A great outlet for us - we just need someone similar to him out wide side so we can really, really stretch sides.

34. Default

I think it might be worth pointing out his interview from a few months back...https://southamptonfc.com/news/2018-...er-league-1819.

There is also one from a few weeks ago - https://southamptonfc.com/news/2018-...-december-2018

35. Default

According to a report in The Sun, apparently we want to extend his contract. (No surprise there!)

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/01/1...-southamptons/

This is the point at which he goes billy big boots

37. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DT View Post
    I know Norwich went down, but pretty sure his contract was running down there too.

He has been one of our better players this season, but no way I would be offering him a new deal....yet. Still has alot to prove imo.

We have hamstrung ourselves with extended contracts for average players, so we should see how the rest of the season pans out imo.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    According to a report in The Sun, apparently we want to extend his contract. (No surprise there!)

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/01/1...-southamptons/
    Think I’d wait until the summer to ensure his up turn in form is sumbstained and not just a few good games. We are quick to moan about players on long term deals so think they need to be earned based on a longer period of time than just half a dozen games

Quote Originally Posted by DT View Post

Some people

New deal an absolute no brainer for Saints - protects his increasing value and ties him down for longer. In todays market and if he continues his form then he is worth over £30m easily. He has earned it with his performances and few players ever turn around a situation once it goes sour at a club so fair play to him.

Personally for him, its a bit tougher IMO.

He presumably likes working with RH and can see he is improving and so are the team. With RH in charge it could be a good next 18 months or so.

Flip side - I don't think he will ever forgive the section of fans that went too far in their abuse of him, and he might think he has restored and then improved his reputation by the end of the season and might be keen to take a next step.

Player of the Season so far by an absolute country mile. Hopefully he continues his form, wins that award and signs a new deal.

42. Default

When will he realize that you cannot pass a ball through a player.

Overrated

43. Default

Decision making again

Bit of a mixed game today! Good goal, bad passing and awful penalty

He's always going to make **** decisions. But he's still a good attacker to have. We don't necessarily need him to improve that much, we just need for him not to be own main attacking threat. Another good quality forward/winger with him and Ings and it changes everything. When it's just him, Ings and Armstrong we seem far too reliant on him.

His decision making is and will always be his weak point which is why we're about his level, but he's quick and has been more direct this season which has helped us open games up.

Same old Redmond last night. Some rather good play at times and some absolute turd thrown in for good measure

If he could see a pass and finish better he'd be brilliant. Maybe he'll improve with age. Good finish for his goal, one of the worst penalties I've seen, and should have played others in quite a few times when a goal was begging. Did make us more of an attacking threat though. But why was everyone else so soporific? They looked knackered and overtrained again to me. Shares of West Ham. Or maybe we can't play at home anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, just to state the obvious, the only reason we had a chance to win both games versus Derby was because of Redmond.

We are so reliant on him from an attacking perspective and that showed last night.

Some of his poor decision making was probably alsondriven from the fact he knew he had to go it alone in order for us to progress.

Poor penalty, absolutely.

But he was head and shoulders above any other player on the pitch in both games and is currently our best player.

He's like a young Raheem Sterling.
    Except he's not that young anymore.
    And he isn't anywhere near as good.
    OK bad example.