I still feel ashamed how these were treated by the fans

OldNick

After watching Stoke fans h

jeering Darren Fletcher it made me recall Jason Euell and Ricardo Fuller, they felt the brunt of our frustration of the clubs malaise.

personally I thought it was shameful

Thank you for bearing the Cross

Luckily for them, Gary Rowett will turn it around. He's definitely a footballing genius and not just flavour of the month that our resident forum experts latched on to during the summer.

Let's see if those forum experts drooling about how wonderful he was over the summer are still sticking to that in a few months time.

Luckily for them, Gary Rowett will turn it around. He's definitely a footballing genius and not just flavour of the month that our resident forum experts latched on to during the summer.

Let's see if those forum experts drooling about how wonderful he was over the summer are still sticking to that in a few months time.

Rowett seemed to gain a lot of credit due to being sacked at Birmingham by their foreign owners.

Rowett seemed to gain a lot of credit due to being sacked at Birmingham by their foreign owners.

In fairness, he did a decent job at Birmingham and at Burton Albion prior to that. Has struggled since though, and with much more resources than his first appointments...

Why do you feel ashamed about the actions of people you have no responsibility for? They just happen to have picked to support the same bunch of 11 men kicking a ball around a field. They don't represent you... you represent you.
Im ashamed as they are part of our club that I follow. The same way as if they sung racist songs am I supposed to say it doesn't matter as it wasn't me????

Stoke are having a serious hangover for sure. But I'd have thought more frustrations should be aimed at that Saido fella surely?

He is a striker, they spent £16m on him on an investment in their forward line, and he hasn't scored since 2016 FFS (and that was for WBA). That makes long look like a worldy.

Why do you feel ashamed about the actions of people you have no responsibility for? They just happen to have picked to support the same bunch of 11 men kicking a ball around a field. They don't represent you... you represent you.

Im ashamed as they are part of our club that I follow. The same way as if they sung racist songs am I supposed to say it doesn't matter as it wasn't me????

I didn't say these things don't matter or that your example of racist songs wouldn't matter. I was talking about the issue of being ashamed. If you are not responsible for the actions of the individuals doing these things and it isn't you doing them then why would you be ashamed? They do not represent you... you represent you.

I didn't say these things don't matter or that your example of racist songs wouldn't matter. I was talking about the issue of being ashamed. If you are not responsible for the actions of the individuals doing these things and it isn't you doing them then why would you be ashamed? They do not represent you... you represent you.

Its called social awareness. Something sadly lacking in many parts of our society these days.

After watching Stoke fans h

jeering Darren Fletcher it made me recall Jason Euell and Ricardo Fuller, they felt the brunt of our frustration of the clubs malaise.

personally I thought it was shameful

Which Saints player never got abuse from fans? Terry Paine maybe John Sydenham question mark not many after that. It's gotten worse in these days of anonymous social media. None of it is meant seriously so hardly worth you getting depressed and in a lather about it. They get paid enough!

Let's not forget what real abuse is, nurses get real abuse which they never deserve and for which they get paid a pittance by a government that couldn't give a toss about the working class or welfare institutions like the NHS

Which Saints player never got abuse from fans? Terry Paine maybe John Sydenham question mark not many after that. It's gotten worse in these days of anonymous social media. None of it is meant seriously so hardly worth you getting depressed and in a lather about it. They get paid enough!

Let's not forget what real abuse is, nurses get real abuse which they never deserve and for which they get paid a pittance by a government that couldn't give a toss about the working class or welfare institutions like the NHS

Abuse is abuse. Throwing bananas on the pitch is just as abusive to black players no matter what they earn compared to nurses. Money doesn’t mitigate the amount of distress felt by those being abused. No one deserves abuse for doing their job be they working class or any other social class.

I am another who feels ashamed of the 'support'. The way Mane was treated still angers me and Wanyama had hate 'fans' as well. Is it racism, or are they from down the road? Criticism is one thing, but this hostility to our own players embarrasses me, it is not what i call support. At present JWP, Bertrand and Redman seem to get the treatment. What good does that do any of them? And then after we have destroyed them we call them disloyal for leaving. Worst case was the abuse poured on NC

Its called social awareness. Something sadly lacking in many parts of our society these days.

What definition of "social awareness" are you using where being ashamed of the actions of people you have no responsibility for fits? Being socially aware is not the same as being ashamed of actions you are not responsible for.

Edited by Matthew Le God

What definition of social awareness are you using where being ashamed of the actions of people you have no responsibility for fits?

FFS mate give it a rest, be a pedant as much as you like on facts but the guy is just expressing his feelings. I think some of the stick you get on here is unwarranted but sometimes you don't half ask for it.

What definition of "social awareness" are you using where being ashamed of the actions of people you have no responsibility for fits? Being socially aware is not the same as being ashamed of actions you are not responsible for.
Its shame by association. Everytime I talk about Saints Im a fan of that club and the actions of its fanbase sticks. Hence Millwall fans are thought of thugs but thy all didn't go around beating up old ladies.

I am another who feels ashamed of the 'support'. The way Mane was treated still angers me and Wanyama had hate 'fans' as well. Is it racism, or are they from down the road? Criticism is one thing, but this hostility to our own players embarrasses me, it is not what i call support. At present JWP, Bertrand and Redman seem to get the treatment. What good does that do any of them? And then after we have destroyed them we call them disloyal for leaving. Worst case was the abuse poured on NC

I’m hoping you’re being sarcastic and it’s gone over my head. Because if you aren’t, we may as well close voting for stupidest post of 2018.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk