Weekend 25-26 Aug - Other Games

Batman

Impressed with Wolves so far, think they will stay up quite comfortably this season.

Good to see a team playing positively against City and landing some punches of their own. They will likely still lose today though!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

1-1 full time. Great performance from Wolves, would have been massively harsh if Aguero free kick had won it for City at the end.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Wolves sat back all game and looked to score on the break. Their only goal came from a deliberate handball that no one (including the City defenders) seemed to notice. City hit the post at least three times. I think that a City win would have been perfectly fair, especially considering that Wolves pulled a Decoure with their goal.

Why do Sky pick Newcastle games so much more than other mid table teams? Benitez’s tactics stink the place out. Less than 20% possession at home.

Imagine if Puel served up this dross?

So dirty and anti football

Oh but it is Chelsea. He is a master tactician.

Hmmm Watford definitely going down according to a load on here. Would more likely be us on current form.

And palace lost their first 7 games with no goals scored.

Table will change

But in truth whilst i see some encouraging stuff- ultimately we are just sucker punched...

How sh*t.

The level required to play in the premier league has changed. We haven't changed with it. We've become weaker.

Very true. The money creates that opportunity for everyone to spend and we have not spent wisely over the past 3+ years.

Yup the teams we couldn’t beat in our first three fixtures not really setting the world alight in their other fixtures are they?

Yes and the one point we got was from playing at home to a Burnley team that is struggling against non "top 6" sides.

Paul Pogba cost United more money than the total spurs spent on their starting 11 tonight......apparently

Shrewd in market. £25m for Moura who is only 25 as well

Commentator also said Utd have never lost 2-0 at home since start of PL which is a stat

Both so called big 6 teams Utd and Arsenal are off to shaky starts

Utd for not investing in a decent back line and a deluded manager and Arsenal are seemingly in transition

This could be a chance for the other so called mid table teams to captilise on this and break the top 6 monopoly down to a top 4 just look at Watford and Bompey currently. It's fustrating this is chance we should of been be up to exploiting if one (or two of them in this case) slip up......sadly with our lack of investment in players and managment over the last 2 seasons I fear it's a challenge we are just not eqiuped to handle currently.....oh what could of been if we had some ambition and belief at the top

Will just have to settle for a good old relegation battle like the good old days

Nobody would have Mourinho over Pochettino.

Had Jose been at Spurs for 4 seasons he’d have won something by now.

At his age Jose had won premier league & 2 champions league, as opposed to 0. Spurs bottled it in the champions league last season, and a home game FA Cup semi final. There’s absolutely no chance Jose would have chucked those chances away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

At his age Jose had won premier league & 2 champions league, as opposed to 0. Spurs bottled it in the champions league last season, and a home game FA Cup semi final. There’s absolutely no chance Jose would have chucked those chances away.

Next you’ll be reheating your “Puel finished 8th” crap again.

Mourinho is yesterday’s man - innovative in his day but well past his peak. United got him too late. Perhaps you feel some kind of affinity.

People criticise Pochettino for not having won something, and maybe there’s something to be said for getting teams over the line, winning that “one big game”, as well as raising questions over whether Pochettino is right to make the domestic cups such a low priority.

But, what they also tend to forget is that when Pochettino joined Spurs from us, while obviously a step up in terms of club stature, it wasn’t much of a step up in terms of team quality. I for one wondered how he would cope with egos like Adebayor, and wasn’t totally surprised to see him struggle initially. But he the end it’s Pochettino who has made Spurs into a side which now expects to win things (though he did get pretty lucky with Kane turning into such a goal machine, as he was reluctant to give him a chance).

People criticise Pochettino for not having won something, and maybe there’s something to be said for getting teams over the line, winning that “one big game”, as well as raising questions over whether Pochettino is right to make the domestic cups such a low priority .

Apart from the keeper, he played a full side and had home advantage against yesterdays man in the FA cup semi final, and Jose schooled him.

What would his fan boys say if he’d won Europa league, League cup & finished second in his first 2 seasons, they’d be elevating him to legend status. The fact these things are considered failure for Jose sums it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People criticise Pochettino for not having won something, and maybe there’s something to be said for getting teams over the line, winning that “one big game”, as well as raising questions over whether Pochettino is right to make the domestic cups such a low priority.

But, what they also tend to forget is that when Pochettino joined Spurs from us, while obviously a step up in terms of club stature, it wasn’t much of a step up in terms of team quality. I for one wondered how he would cope with egos like Adebayor, and wasn’t totally surprised to see him struggle initially. But he the end it’s Pochettino who has made Spurs into a side which now expects to win things (though he did get pretty lucky with Kane turning into such a goal machine, as he was reluctant to give him a chance).

Fare assessment, and one I wouldn't disagree with, but the next step for Poch is to win something. Ultimately this is how managers are judged, and it shouldn't be beyond Spurs to be winning the FA or Carabao cup. Having said that, even if he fails to do that, so long as he keeps them relatively high I can see his next job as another step up.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk