Saints v Leicester Match Thread

St Chalet

Better performance than the last two games so far. We are the better side Leicester looking dangerous on the counter. Been an entertaining watch despite not many clear cut chances from either side.

Redmond the stand out player but everyone is having a decent game even Hoedt ?.

Edited by doddisalegend

I think we could do with Gabbi on for Long, need someone to pick up the rebounds and loose bounces.

El Noussi needs to keep cutting inside and having a go, looks threatening when he does.

Redmond excellent - the best i've seen him for ages.

Lemina - V good along with Holberg.

Vestergard - slightly weird half, good ball player and strong but does dive in against quick players which almost caught us cold.

Cedric - needs to work on delivery

Long - huff and puff but to no avail

Ings - our best bet at a goal, linking up well

Hoedt - did nothing wrong for once, solid.

Bertrand - some poor touches, but making good runs

Probably should be leading, but no cutting edge up front as per usual.

Worth noting that three games into the season, with a full, expensively assembled squad to choose from, a side whom many of our supporters think is easily top ten and the people who run our club talk up as European contenders, is starting Shane Long. On purpose.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I think we could do with Gabbi on for Long, need someone to pick up the rebounds and loose bounces.

El Noussi needs to keep cutting inside and having a go, looks threatening when he does.

Redmond excellent - the best i've seen him for ages.

Lemina - V good along with Holberg.

Vestergard - slightly weird half, good ball player and strong but does dive in against quick players which almost caught us cold.

Cedric - needs to work on delivery

Long - huff and puff but to no avail

Ings - our best bet at a goal, linking up well

Hoedt - did nothing wrong for once, solid.

Bertrand - some poor touches, but making good runs

Is Gabbi on the bench?

Hoedt giving Adam and Dave the colly-wobbles again, needs something to help him concentrate.

He's done absolutely nothing wrong at all. Has actually also been good at getting the ball into the feet of Redmond and Hojbjerg. Some good passing from the back.

All the same I expect us not to score, and then concede some sort of garbage winner in the last 15 minutes.

He didnt miss it was pushed past him by the keeper

To be fair to long his all round hasselling as well as clearing headers defensively is one of the reasons we have enjoyed good possession and bot looked ubder threat

Already acknowledged that after seeing replay.

He's done absolutely nothing wrong at all. Has actually also been good at getting the ball into the feet of Redmond and Hojbjerg. Some good passing from the back.

All the same I expect us not to score, and then concede some sort of garbage winner in the last 15 minutes.

Dawdling on the ball again, two mistakes from Wesley Hoedt (leads to Leicester's first shot on goal).