Saints 1-2 Foxes - Post Match

Saint86

Has to be said we were poor today. Loads of possession first half, but no sharpness or real emphasis. Double figures on corners and not a single chance as a result, whilst still as sloppy as ever at the back!

Needs to improve as this is not a good Leicester side!

Lemina and Redmond the two best players for saints, and Vest and Bertrand were okay. The rest were dire. Hoj can F-Off.

3 points dropped!

Edited by Saint86

Played better and still didnt win.

we are going down if we stick with this

Will say it now, Hughes is not the man..but then, could not really care as we deserve to go down..

Terrible from top to bottom

1 point playing Burnley and a very poor Leicester at home....

Redmond our MoM

Lemina good. Hoj good until that dive

Bertrand good

Cedric pathetic. So glad we strengthened the keeper position as opposed to the RB area.

We are genuine relegation fodder.

Played better and still didnt win.

we are going down if we stick with this

Will say it now, Hughes is not the man..but then, could not really care as we deserve to go down..

Terrible from top to bottom

1 point playing Burnley and a very poor Leicester at home....

Don't think Hughes did anything wrong at all. Not his fault that our esteemed right back can't defend and a player already on a yellow decides to dive.

Don't think Hughes did anything wrong at all. Not his fault that our esteemed right back can't defend and a player already on a yellow decides to dive.

He picked Hoedt over Yoshida. Long over Gabbiadini. (Sorry Mark if either of those were injured today). He took off Ings instead of Long. Hughes did not have a good day today.

I think the damage was done when the board lied to the fans and dismantled the first team in 2014. We have not really recovered a bond with the team since then and it shows.
We finished seventh, sixth and eighth since then you utter bellend.

It didn't lose us the game, but the Austin sub sums up the problem with Hughes. We'd lost energy and possession at that point, and the only way to get it back was to reinforce the midfield. Instead he resorts to thinking that bunging on a striker might nick us a goal.

We looked alright in the first half, and Redmond and Lemina were both impressive. That said, once Leicester woke up they dominated us.

Wouldn’t mind going down. Club needs a rebuild from top to bottom and that will only happen with relegation. The way it’s going in the prem is just ****ing depressing.

Pointless going down without a complete ownership and management clearout. The stain of 2014 lingers over the club and the fans even now. That is the real legacy of Les Reed.

Laughable that people thought this side was good enough for the top half before the season started, it will be in the relegation battle.

We have defenders that cant defend, absolute ****ehouse defending from Cedric and Vestergaard for their two goals and we have attackers that can't score.

Leicester didn't even seem to be going for the win, yet they've still got a win.

I can’t understand this team. Playing well and then **** ourselves and give the game away.

Why didn’t PEH just shoot or lay it off to an unmarked Austin?

We are still in the funk wher nothing goes right. We have to work so hard to score but then gift wrap goals. We never get big mistakes by the oppo. Depressing.

It’s going to be a long long season of struggling. We just don’t seem to be able to snap out of the malaise that’s set in over the last 2 seasons. It’s a familiar pattern that sooner rather later ends in relegation (Villa, Sunderland, Swansea). We needed some positivity and opening home fixtures against moderate opposition in Burnley and Leicester offered the chance to create it but we’ve blown it.

I really am confused about why PEH did that. He seemed to be through and could've been first to the ball in the box, yet he decided to dive instead of just playing the ball. He could have got it and then shot, or played it into the center (since we had Austin and someone else close). I don't get it. That changed everything

We can't defend, we are terribly slow going forward, we have no real attacking threat, we have a manager who can't make decent substitutions or pick the right side, we are so so ****e. Have been since that clown in the opposite dugout was appointed.

Clown in the opposite dugout vs. Saints P.3 W.2 D.1 L.0

P.S. Did I mention 8th and Cup final?

Hughes just isn't a good manager hence why he has been sacked pretty much everywhere he has been.

He did ok keeping us up. But shouldn't have been kept on. 2 wins was hardly setting the world alight. 9 points from 33 is just plain awful.

The team set up is all wrong, the tactics are wrong, the players don't look like they have a clue what they are being asked to do.

His style of football just isn't suited in this day and age to the PL. He is from the Pullis, Pardew, Fat Sam etc era. Football has moved on. As a person he seems a nice guy, he talks a lot of sense. He just can't walk the walk.

Terrible, absolutely terrible.

Hughes is terrible, clueless in the extreme.

Austin and Long - what a t**t.

Awful, awful team and manager. I cannot believe how much this club has regressed over the last 2 years

Have to agree - it felt very meh to see Austin and Long on the pitch even though it was the defensive gaffs of Cedric and Vest together with Hojbjergs brain snap which cost us today. Well played Redmond and Lemina - Bertrand good also. Looks like a long season.

I don't get the freaking out - even though we lost. There was a fair bit to like about our performance today, especially down the left with Bertrand and Redmond. Lemina was excellent, and PEH was good until his brain f*rt.

But Cedric is a bigger liability than Hoedt. He gives us very little going forward, which has long been the case, and all we're left with is his defensive 'contribution' - consistently getting done in the air for goals.

Still trying to figure out why Yoshida is so poorly regarded. He's the kind of defender who makes the big guys look better than they really are, and we really need him back there.

I really am confused about why PEH did that. He seemed to be through and could've been first to the ball in the box, yet he decided to dive instead of just playing the ball. He could have got it and then shot, or played it into the center (since we had Austin and someone else close). I don't get it. That changed everything

Have you seen Hoj shoot or play a pass under pressure?

Can anyone tell me anything that Cedric does even remotely well? I can’t think of a player so regularly at fault for goals we’ve conceded in our history.

He runs pretty quick??

Honestly everytime he uses his head in the opposition's area it's going to cost us a goal. Today he just knocked the ball up and ran away.

What REALLY ****ed me off though was that ridiculous pot shot from 40 yards in the last few minutes when we needed to keep posession.

Players aren't known for being the brightest lot, but he seems exceptionally thick.

PEH..... that was gross.

Decent games from Redmond and Lemina. Elyounoussi didn't do a lot. Long did what Long does. Austin just banked his match fee/beer money.

#RelegationFC