Hughes out...

Unbelievable Jeff

Those at the top need to be rotated out of the club.

As with Cortese, they are just employees, spending someone's money. Their cycle has come to an end, clearly.

Whether Hughes stays or goes, matters little as they would only replace him with the next person out of a job. Now or in the summer.

Hughes is pretty crap by the way, no issue with you calling it early. I was called an embarrassment for saying the same about Pellegrino after the Wolves game roughly 12 months ago.

Yep, had enough. Not a big enough step change, and as I said last season and this pre-season, unless we invest in better attacking players, we cannot last with Hughes as he cannot coach/manage a defence.

Poor in defence, attack, and in the Managers chair is a bad combination.

Fickle fickle fickle

As with Cortese, they are just employees, spending someone's money. Their cycle has come to an end, clearly.

Whether Hughes stays or goes, matters little as they would only replace him with the next person out of a job. Now or in the summer.

Hughes is pretty crap by the way, no issue with you calling it early. I was called an embarrassment for saying the same about Pellegrino after the Wolves game roughly 12 months ago.

That is the issue, the people at the top.

Hughes isn't the problem here. Les and Ralph are and have been.

Changing manager won't help. Would you really trust Les to get it right?

4th time lucky

But two years ago it was Purl. Last season it was Pellegrino? So only now it's the players?

Seems a bit convenient to me. Maybe it's because those managers were foreign?

Gone by Christmas?

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/next-manager-to-leave-post

Fav to go next now.

Personally as others have said I don't think the blame can fully be put at his feet.

He is only blameable for what happens on the pitch. And let's be honest his tactics/team selections/subs are all questionable right now.

The blame lies at the feet of Les and Ralph. They continue to make mistakes and don't seem to learn from them. All the selling and buying crap replacements has caught up with us.

I still don't understand why we paid a **** load of money for a reserve goal keeper when we already had two on the books and one on huge wages was unlikely to be going anywhere. Should have put that money elsewhere.

HUghes is a terrible manager....utterly terrible. Yes he kept us up (fair play) but he has never done anything to suggest he was what we needed. Baffling teams, tactics and terrible decisions.

AUstin, Long, Hoedt......and Gabbi, Yoshi (our best defender) cannot make the bench (that has 4 midfielders on it)

Utterly embarrassing......and what was the point of keeping Targett, Gallagher and the like when he won't even give them a chance from the bench.

Oh, and see Sims turned the game for Reading when he came on............

Agreed 100% should have used the money to buy a half decent striker..... Ings has tried his best but let's face it will be lucky to reach double figures

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/next-manager-to-leave-post

Fav to go next now.

Personally as others have said I don't think the blame can fully be put at his feet.

He is only blameable for what happens on the pitch. And let's be honest his tactics/team selections/subs are all questionable right now.

The blame lies at the feet of Les and Ralph. They continue to make mistakes and don't seem to learn from them. All the selling and buying crap replacements has caught up with us.

I still don't understand why we paid a **** load of money for a reserve goal keeper when we already had two on the books and one on huge wages was unlikely to be going anywhere. Should have put that money elsewhere.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

It's still a bit early, However I am in the camp that didn't want Hughes to begin with and he has done little to change my mind. All pre-season was effectively wasted by playing 3 centre backs, a system which was dropped 70 mins into the first game. He seems to have no plan of action, no system awareness, no tactical nous, baffling selections and substitutions. Will give him a few more games in the hope he can change things around though.

Who de we replace him with then?

Please don't suggest Allardyce.

No, we cannot go cheap again - that's what we seem to do over and over again.

Not sure - we needed to act in the Summer so we've missed out on a lot of good Managers. However, there must be some half decent managers that we could get in.

Not sure - we needed to act in the Summer so we've missed out on a lot of good Managers. However, there must be some half decent managers that we could get in.

Leeds got in Bielsa ffs

But two years ago it was Purl. Last season it was Pellegrino? So only now it's the players?

Seems a bit convenient to me. Maybe it's because those managers were foreign?

Not from me. I've been calling out Reed since day 1. Guy is a loser and always will be.

Stickin a hockey coach besides him doesn't help much either.

Hughes was never my no.1 choice but with Les Reed picking his replacement it's too much of a gamble.

How many games has Hughes won at Saints? Must be a dire percentage.

Better in press conferences than Puel and Pellegrino, but largely the same on the pitch.

At least Puel had a clear style of play and was committed to it.

Matters not who you bring in.

So many things are wrong with this club at the moment and you really need to start at the very top.

The owner - What the **** are you doing with this club as nobody knows including the board it seems.

Ralph - Do me a favour as the guy should be a millions miles away from the club.

Les Reed - His time is up, It's time to move on or retire.

Someone needs to buy the club off Gao and install his own football people in and stick with a structure that will work for all of us.

Once you've done that then get a decent manager with a good track record in the premiership.

How many games has Hughes won at Saints? Must be a dire percentage.

Better in press conferences than Puel and Pellegrino, but largely the same on the pitch.

At least Puel had a clear style of play and was committed to it.

Pellegrino has a higher points per game than Hughes so far.

Maybe it's not the manager it's the players? They are just bang average...... You could get in a world class manager however if you have gash to work with what is the point? 2-3 seasons these players have done nothing clear the lot out and start again...

I just don’t get what Hughes is trying to do with the side?

Our season seems wasted in terms of setting the side up to start the season.

Weird

This.

We've got exactly the same tombola team selections we've had with the previous managers.

Massively disappointed with Hughes. I think we've got him at the arse-end of his Prem career and he's lost it.

Hughes has a worse win percentage than Pellegrino and we only stayed up last season because there were 3 teams worse than us. He’s a dreadful manager who plays dull route one football, has worsened us defensively and allowed our squad to become bloated with average to dreadful footballs, the quicker he goes the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This.

We've got exactly the same tombola team selections we've had with the previous managers.

Massively disappointed with Hughes. I think we've got him at the arse-end of his Prem career and he's lost it.

lets get the inevitable big sam thing done now ffs

I just don’t get what Hughes is trying to do with the side?

Our season seems wasted in terms of setting the side up to start the season.

Weird

The squad is such a mess that he's probably struggling to work out the best formula. Similar players all over the pitch, all with similar failings. 3 managers have chopped and changed the midfield because our recruitment team have made such a f**ing mess of it.

Puel wasn't given a chance, MoPe was an abject failure of the scouting and management teams, Sparky had to be given this season, but may well prove to be poor in the longer term. During the tenures of all 3 the 'developement' of the squad has been badly mismanaged, but how much real input have any of the 3 had ? ( Carillo was signed as a sop to MoPe, but all that really does is reinforce the argument that the Board level decisions are the work of imbeciles - the correct action at that time would have been to dump the manager ).

Hughes didnt make the mistakes today. Hughes didnt miss the chances against Burnley. He is not the problem. And as previous posters have alluded to, i would not trust Reed with bringing any new manager in. Probably end up with some unknown from the austrian league

Hughes didnt make the mistakes today. Hughes didnt miss the chances against Burnley. He is not the problem. And as previous posters have alluded to, i would not trust Reed with bringing any new manager in. Probably end up with some unknown from the austrian league

So to play 5 at back with 2 holding mids against burnley at home, then opposite at Everton then today leave the donkey in the back line and no gabbi on the bench, but with long starting, THIS is Hughes fault

F**k no not Alpine

Do you understand what a manager does, and what his responsibility is?

So to play 5 at back with 2 holding mids against burnley at home, then opposite at Everton then today leave the donkey in the back line and no gabbi on the bench, but with long starting, THIS is Hughes fault

Absolutely correct! His choices/decisions so far don't bode well. Mediocrity ahead...at best !

A squad with no pace is always going to struggle. We never replaced our goal scorers and so that’s where we are.

Sad set of events and a season of struggle.To call for the manager gone,again, is just a nonsense it is the stupid situation