Relegation

spyinthesky

Bit of a hypothetical question I know but would we have been better to have been relegated last year and had a clear out of overpaid and frankly average players than this season (which unless anything dramatic happens is going to see us go down to the Championship).

If the worst happens this season some of our 'saleable' players are going to be worth less in the transfer market.

At the moment I can see us struggling to get results against the poorer sides and being absolutely destroyed by some of the big teams.

It will be akin to looking forward to going to the dentist before each game.

Bit of a hypothetical question I know but would we have been better to have been relegated last year and had a clear out of overpaid and frankly average players than this season (which unless anything dramatic happens is going to see us go down to the Championship).

If the worst happens this season some of our 'saleable' players are going to be worth less in the transfer market.

At the moment I can see us struggling to get results against the poorer sides and being absolutely destroyed by some of the big teams.

If it was a choice between this season and last season. Then clearly last season was the better one to get relegated in - sat on a mountain of VVD monies.

There is zero merit in getting relegated unless Les Reed, this board, and the current ownership are all removed from the club though. Fan's thinking it would be good for us otherwise are dreaming.

1) Better to have been relegated last year... than what? Have we already been relegated after 3 games this season?

2) Why do people think relegation means you can easily have a "clear out" compared to staying up?

Bloody hell this thread! :mcinnes:

We can't sell them. If we'd gone down we'd be in an even deeper hole with a massive wage bill we couldn't afford. Nobody wanted to buy Boufal, Carrillo, Forster, Long and probably a couple of others because of their massive wages. Relegation doesn't mean we can just wave goodbye to anyone we don't want.

1) Better to have been relegated last year... than what? Have we already been relegated after 3 games this season?

2) Why do people think relegation means you can easily have a "clear out" compared to staying up?

Bloody hell this thread! :mcinnes:

I do wonder sometimes about the mental state of some of our fans.

Relegation is never a good thing in any situation!!

When we got relegated in 2005 I remember loads of people saying he good it would be to clear out the deadwood and rebuild, look how that worked out!!

The reality is with Clueless Les and RK running the show it’ll be more akin to a Sunderland situation.

When we got relegated in 2005 I remember loads of people saying he good it would be to clear out the deadwood and rebuild, look how that worked out!!

The reality is with Clueless Les and RK running the show it’ll be more akin to a Sunderland situation.

Exactly.

Does anyone think Gao or our leadership will have the first clue what to do if we go down? It'll be a complete #MESS

Our best hope is bumbling along in the Prem and hoping Gao decides to sell us.

I don't even think he knows what league we're in at the moment to be honest.

I couldn’t give a **** anymore. I’ll still go and have a good **** up with my mates, and we’d probably have more fun in the lower leagues. Some of our spastic support don’t understand what a mate is, so they wouldn’t get it.

I couldn’t give a **** anymore. I’ll still go and have a good **** up with my mates, and we’d probably have more fun in the lower leagues. Some of our spastic support don’t understand what a mate is, so they wouldn’t get it.

I agree, league one and championship were amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, league one and championship were amazing.

Thanks to Markus.

Relegation 15 years ago was a disaster. Relegation now would be a catastrophe, and for most clubs.

I envy sports teams here in the USA. No relegation to ever worry about, and if they're shit one year they get top draft picks as a reward. (It does mean though that teams like the San Diego Padres are content to be shit forever.)

Think it's a bit early for the fat man!

Not a strong start to the season, however Hughes is trying to turn around a massively negative situation...players are clearly lacking confidence and there doesn't seem to be the energy, vibrancy, direction or spirit around the club that there used to be. Add in a bunch of supposedly first-teamers who aren't getting gametime and it isn't a great situation.

Get a couple of wins under the belt soonish and things should look brighter.

Relegation with an owner unable to put money in would be the same as last time under Lowe, unless there was an ownership change to one who could invest millions.

After 3 games, two at home and none against a "top 6" side we find we are 4th from bottom and just 1 point above the bottom.

That is relegation form. If we had an "average" squad we should have expected at least 4 points from those games.

:mcinnes: