Next 5 Games

Batman

On the evidence so far, West Ham, Cardiff and Huddersfield are also absolute garbage. Several other teams are a bit suspect.

As with most survival situations, you don't need to out run the wolf, you just need to out run the fat kid.

west ham have played arsenal and liverpool away......

On the evidence so far, West Ham, Cardiff and Huddersfield are also absolute garbage. Several other teams are a bit suspect.

As with most survival situations, you don't need to out run the wolf, you just need to out run the fat kid.

So are we crap or slightly overweight?.....cause i havent seen too many differences to our season so far as it seems to be same as last already.

West Ham also have a nightmare 7 games coming up. Bloke on Talksport says they will be lucky to get 3 points out of 21.

I don’t want to disclose any trade secrets but in a league competition each team plays each other twice. Home and away. There I said it: the cat is well and truly out of the bag.

The point is pal that West Ham have had a significantly harder start to the season than us -both in terms of opposition quality and home advantage (or lack of it).

I can’t see where the next win will come from.

It’s a re run of last season.

We are **** from top to bottom.

**** owners....**** managerial structure with Reed and Krueger.

**** manager and coaches.

Mediocre bordering on **** players.

Basically the cub is ****.

To quote..... This is a crisis. A large crisis. In fact, if you got a moment, it's a twelve-storey crisis with a magnificent entrance hall, carpeting throughout, 24-hour portage, and an enormous sign on the roof, saying 'This Is a Large Crisis'. A large crisis requires a large plan.

But the plan is ****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brighton (a) - Cup

Palace (a)

Brighton (h)

Liverpool (a)

Wolves (a)

Bottom of the league by then.

terrible

A reality check for those who say it's just 3 games:

1 point from 3 games, including two of our easiest home fixtures, means that, in order to stay up we need to average more than a point a game from our remaining 35 fixtures, which include 12 games against the big six. Under Hughes we've picked up just 8 points from 11 league games. We'll go into our next game at St Mary's with just one home league win in 10 months ( a lucky one against the mighty Bournemouth) so unless there is a very drmatic change in our form or Hughes's, there aren't going to be many 3-pointers. It's no wonder that the bookies now have us as one of the relegation favourites.

Where did it all go wrong?

A reality check for those who say it's just 3 games:

1 point from 3 games, including two of our easiest home fixtures, means that, in order to stay up we need to average more than a point a game from our remaining 35 fixtures, which include 12 games against the big six. Under Hughes we've picked up just 8 points from 11 league games. We'll go into our next game at St Mary's with just one home league win in 10 months ( a lucky one against the mighty Bournemouth) so unless there is a very drmatic change in our form or Hughes's, there aren't going to be many 3-pointers. It's no wonder that the bookies now have us as one of the relegation favourites.

Where did it all go wrong?

Burnley and Leicester are not two of the easiest fixtures. Most fans dismiss every team that isn’t the Big6 and bleat if we don’t beat them easily at home.

Burnley and Leicester are not two of the easiest fixtures. Most fans dismiss every team that isn’t the Big6 and bleat if we don’t beat them easily at home.

True, but you would have thought we might have managed to get more than a point from the two fixtures.

Talking about the Burnley side that struggled against Aberdeen, hammered by Watford and Olympiacos?

Talking about the Burnley side that struggled against Aberdeen, hammered by Watford and Olympiacos?

Yes, a Burnley team which had just flown back from a tough game in Turkey and a Leicester team missing their goal scorer and focus of their attack, Vardy. In order to stay up these are the home games you need to really target as crucial 3-pointers because we tend to lose both our home and away games against the top 6 teams and our away games against most teams.

We got 0 in the corresponding fixtures last season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And your point is?

We would have hopped to get more the 0 points from last season's fixtures too and what a successful last season turned out to be......

A few short seasons ago we bestrode south coast football like a colossus, and our legions of fans could s****** at the minnows either side of us that spanned the length of Wessex from Hove to Argyle. Now, we are careering down a path to being eclipsed by Bournemouth and Brighton.

Brighton (a) - Cup

Palace (a)

Brighton (h)

Liverpool (a)

Wolves (a)

Bottom of the league by then.

terrible

I suspect that you'll be as wrong on this as you have been on so many past dire proclamations.

Okay, I get that results are everything but I'm seeing more positives than negatives - certainly compared with last season.

Players seem much more role-aware and engaged, and we've been moving the ball around quite well. The football is much better on the eye.

It's not like we have the wall-to-wall problems of last year. For me it's just central defence and RB. I'd like to see Stephens on the right - he doesn't give a lot in the forward third but nor does Cedric these days, and he's much better defensively, especially in the air. And I'd like to see Yoshida partnering Vestergaard.

Hughes's regard for Austin will decline when he realizes how little he contributes outside the box - and these days inside it as well.

We played well and could easily have picked up a point at Everton, the Cedric/Hoedt issues (and PEH's stupidity) cost us at least a point yesterday and probably all three. Yoshida and Gabby might well have been starting yesterday but it sounds like they had injury issues, so for all we know Hughes might not have been able to field his preferred line up. The underwhelming Burnley draw I'll put down to first game against a team that had played several games.

So the point we have could easily be 4, 5 or even 7.

Okay, I get that results are everything but I'm seeing more positives than negatives - certainly compared with last season.

Players seem much more role-aware and engaged, and we've been moving the ball around quite well. The football is much better on the eye.

It's not like we have the wall-to-wall problems of last year. For me it's just central defence and RB. I'd like to see Stephens on the right - he doesn't give a lot in the forward third but nor does Cedric these days, and he's much better defensively, especially in the air. And I'd like to see Yoshida partnering Vestergaard.

Hughes's regard for Austin will decline when he realizes how little he contributes outside the box - and these days inside it as well.

We played well and could easily have picked up a point at Everton, the Cedric/Hoedt issues (and PEH's stupidity) cost us at least a point yesterday and probably all three. Yoshida and Gabby might well have been starting yesterday but it sounds like they had injury issues, so for all we know Hughes might not have been able to field his preferred line up. The underwhelming Burnley draw I'll put down to first game against a team that had played several games.

A very sensible and accurate post.

And your point is?

We would have hopped to get more the 0 points from last season's fixtures too and what a successful last season turned out to be......

Personally I’d have hopped, skipped AND danced for more points. Forward roll, Arab spring whatever it takes.

There are more problems than you suggest. After 3 games we startes with Shane Long up front, who has been proven beyond doubt to be not good enough.

RB and CB are big weak areas but so is the whole attack.

Who will score the 40+ goals needed for a passable season?

1 point from 2 home games and 1 away game when none of the 3 was a top 6 side is relegation form.

Games against top 6 sides occur every 3.2 games so usually we will have played a top 6 side already.

To succeed in the Prem does require overall improvements each year using the money provided. Saints have added a better striker in Ings but several other strikers are older and slower. Midfield has lost its most creative player but added some younger legs. Defence has added 1 potentially dominating CB but nothing else. It does look like compared to the bottom half rivals that most clubs have improved more than we have. Hence only getting a draw. All of these decisions are controlled by Les Reed and Gao's budget.

There are more problems than you suggest. After 3 games we startes with Shane Long up front, who has been proven beyond doubt to be not good enough.

RB and CB are big weak areas but so is the whole attack.

Who will score the 40+ goals needed for a passable season?

Shane long was used as a foil for Ings