Next 5 Games

Batman

We are 17th at the moment...seems to be our level.

We are one of the bookies' four favourites for relegation this season, along with Burnley, Cardiff and Huddersfield, so 17th would be the dream. We are back to underachieving alongside clubs with much smaller fanbases than ours. For a club of our size I think only Birmingham City can rival our history of underachievement so most of our fans have very low expectations anyway and expect next to nothing. We are, in fact, the ideal club for lazy, unambitious owners, directors, managers, coaches and players, which is perhaps why we accumulate so many of them.

We are one of the bookies' four favourites for relegation this season, along with Burnley, Cardiff and Huddersfield, so 17th would be the dream. We are back to underachieving alongside clubs with much smaller fanbases than ours. For a club of our size I think only Birmingham City can rival our history of underachievement so most of our fans have very low expectations anyway and expect next to nothing. We are, in fact, the ideal club for lazy, unambitious owners, directors, managers, coaches and players, which is perhaps why we accumulate so many of them.
Why do you bother. There are lots of other things that you could do.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

You do know the bookies adjust their odds every day?Watford were shorter odds than us to go down. So were Brighton. We are one of group that can easily go down which reflects the reality.

Why do you bother. There are lots of other things that you could do.

I think it is getting worse with how many feeble supporters we have. I don’t know what possible joy they ever get from football as their world caves in after a home game we should have won.

I think it is getting worse with how many feeble supporters we have. I don’t know what possible joy they ever get from football as their world caves in after a home game we should have won.
I actually wonder if some have ever been to a game, but perhaps that's me just being taken in by good trolling. 3 games in and we've made a crap start, no mistake, but is that really the time to start the "sack everybody" threads. I wonder how some of today's supporters would've coped in the 70s or 80s, when this was pretty much the norm.

Time to hit the eject button, only another 35 games to go...!

I actually wonder if some have ever been to a game, but perhaps that's me just being taken in by good trolling. 3 games in and we've made a crap start, no mistake, but is that really the time to start the "sack everybody" threads. I wonder how some of today's supporters would've coped in the 70s or 80s, when this was pretty much the norm.

Time to hit the eject button, only another 35 games to go...!

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.

This club has to many content losers

Looking at us 4th from bottom. 2 of the 3 teams below us have played "top 6" sides in 2 of their 3 games. So no surprise for their position. The other team below us is Burnley who are also losing to teams below the usual top 6 sides. Apart from us that is and against us they achieved a draw at our home ground. Our form is probably the worst in the Premiership compared to Burnley who are playing extra games each week.

Also Newcastle equal on one point with us, have played 2 of their 3 games against "top 6" sides.

Edited by Topcat

I disagree. Before we were relegated in 2005 we had a 26 year run in the top league. We are also 17th in the all time league. Not bad for a 'small' club. Our ambition to 'stay up' without bankrupting the club is about right. We are self sufficient and we are not being bankrolled like some clubs.

As long as we stay up we will have achieved our ambitions and objectives and I for one are happy with that!

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.

This club has to many content losers

So during the seasons that we were always winning what were we then. I take it there is no chance the pendulum will swing again?

Nobody is content to lose, but you do seem to revel in it when we do.

Brighton (a) - Cup - Win (squad players showing what they can do)

Palace (a) - Win (confidence from the last game)

Brighton (h) - Win (See above)

Liverpool (a) - Lose (Brought back down to earth with a bump)

Wolves (a) - Draw (Dust ourselves off with a 0-0 and a clean sheet)

7 points and into the next round. Tasty.

Brighton (a) - Cup - Win (squad players showing what they can do) ✔️

Palace (a) - Win (confidence from the last game)✔️

Brighton (h) - Win (See above)

Liverpool (a) - Lose (Brought back down to earth with a bump)

Wolves (a) - Draw (Dust ourselves off with a 0-0 and a clean sheet)

7 points and into the next round. Tasty.

Tick...tick...

• 3 weeks later...