Les Reed - GONE

Heisenberg

And then what stick an advert in the Sun advertising for someone else?

Goa needs to make a decision and he knows **** all about football.

That can be an advantage! Look at Cortese....

Cortese came in with no knowledge but importantly no respect for the football "hierarchy"

Les has been in football for along time, but he's won nothing EVER. One of the worst managers ever and failed as consultant at Charlton and Fulham. He was assistant manager on a voluntary basis at Bishop's Stortford FC in the Conference South before Cortese gave him a job as youth development.

We can do alot better than this clown

LES REED OUT

Cortese came in with no knowledge but importantly no respect for the football "hierarchy"

Les has been in football for along time, but he's won nothing EVER. One of the worst managers ever and failed as consultant at Charlton and Fulham. He was assistant manager on a voluntary basis at Bishop's Stortford FC in the Conference South before Cortese gave him a job as youth development.

LES REED OUT

Totally agree with you,

Problem is we do nothing about it other than run a thread on a forum.

If this was West Ham or Liverpool you would have fans trying to rip his head off or at least organising a proper march in the streets.

We are all bloody softies that continue to spend stupid money and supporting this shower of sh.ite.

Polite request:

Please don't quote the troll. A few of us have him on ignore as he offers nothing to the forum.

Cheers

So what would be achieved if Les and Ralph were fired.

The owner does not want to invest so we are not going to bring in stand out signings and we have no top class players coming in from the Academy so we will be where we usually are down at the bottom of the PL currently where West Ham are too despite investing heavily in players.

It’s fine calling for Reed to go but do we really trust Gao and Kruger to pick the right successor? Frying pan - fire springs to mind.

Unless we get an owner willing to invest we are going to go down at some point in the near future, might as well just accept it.

LES REED OUT

Totally agree with you mate...........can no one with responsability towards the club look at his C.V and think ummm i wonder are we moving forward? nah just ask him if Liverpool are intrested in anymore of our players....Reed out for me aswell.

So what would be achieved if Les and Ralph were fired.

The owner does not want to invest so we are not going to bring in stand out signings and we have no top class players coming in from the Academy so we will be where we usually are down at the bottom of the PL currently where West Ham are too despite investing heavily in players.

This.

Until people know the job Les has been forced to do, how on earth can they say he’s doing it badly. Our signings are clearly a downgrade on previous seasons, and surprise surprise so are our results. Are our signings a downgrade because the recruitment department has ****ed up, because Reed is incompetent at negotiating or is it because other clubs are offering more money, that the budget Reed has been given is not attracting players. Who knows? I certainly don’t.

I do find it funny that the Reed haters wanted him to employ someone who wasn’t a yes man, he did, yet Reed still gets blamed when we lose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For me the credit goes to Ronald Koeman and the players he brought in.

Did Koeman negotiate those deals or work the budget so the signings could happen? I'd hazard a guess Reed did more to oversee our rise than Ronnie did.

This.

Until people know the job Les has been forced to do, how on earth can they say he’s doing it badly. Our signings are clearly a downgrade on previous seasons, and surprise surprise so are our results. Are our signings a downgrade because the recruitment department has ****ed up, because Reed is incompetent at negotiating or is it because other clubs are offering more money, that the budget Reed has been given is not attracting players. Who knows? I certainly don’t.

I do find it funny that the Reed haters wanted him to employ someone who wasn’t a yes man, he did, yet Reed still gets blamed when we lose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LOL "job he is forced to do"

We have one of the most expensive squads in Europe and one of the biggest wage bills.

Let's not try and kid on that poor Leslie is working within a mega tight budget.

If he is needing to manage the books that's more to do with his own **** ups.

FF wages and spending £20m on Carillo ect ect ect plus paying off Puel and Pellegrino millions

LOL "job he is forced to do"

We have one of the most expensive squads in Europe and one of the biggest wage bills.

Let's not try and kid on that poor Leslie is working within a mega tight budget.

If he is needing to manage the books that's more to do with his own **** ups.

FF wages and spending £20m on Carillo ect ect ect plus paying off Puel and Pellegrino millions

His son is probably alright though

I personally think Gao bought us as a means to an end (appease his Chairman) and unfortunately for him the political climate changed soon after, so he has an asset he does not care about or understand. Probably looking to off load us ASAP whilst trying to get a small profit if he can - unfortunately for him no one is interested in "small club" Southampton. He does not give two hoots about Saints, and zero chance he will invest anything in the club. Let the monkeys run the zoo, and his hope is another buyer will emerge, or over time his loan will be paid back, and he can the sell at a knock down price. Not a great business or sports strategy unfortunately.

I'd rather gao just sold us to someone who actually has money to invest and f*ck off out the club. Then we can think about les f*cking off too. But gao won't sack him because as far as he's concerned les is doing a good job. Everyone talking about clearing out the deadwood in the squad but we also need to clear out the deadwood at the top. Joke of the Premier league.

For me the credit goes to Ronald Koeman and the players he brought in.

So no credit when things go well (he was still getting dogs abuse when we were getting praised as being a well run club) but he gets the blame when things go badly. Sounds like he is in a no win situation. As for not winning anything, most senior managers of professional football clubs never win anything. Of course he is not immune to criticism, but let’s not pretend that he has not contributed to many excellent seasons - often in difficult circumstances.

So no credit when things go well (he was still getting dogs abuse when we were getting praised as being a well run club) but he gets the blame when things go badly. Sounds like he is in a no win situation. As for not winning anything, most senior managers of professional football clubs never win anything. Of course he is not immune to criticism, but let’s not pretend that he has not contributed to many excellent seasons - often in difficult circumstances.

I don't recall that, when things were going well he received a great deal of praise and equally was happy to bask in the reflected glory and media attention.

It seems to me that the turning points were the Alderweirald fiasco - especially considering his public statements about it and interview before TA ****ed off to spurs - and then the souring relationship with Koeman. After RK left of course the criticism went up a level owing to two poorly handled appointments, and then sticking with the clown.

Whatever 'credits' Reed may have built up have dwindled and now overtaken by two clusterf*ck summers with the appointments and signings in that period.

To offer some defence to Reed though we don't know what limitations or brief he is working under from above.

Edited by Badger

I don't recall that, when things were going well he received a great deal of praise and equally was happy to bask in the reflected glory and media attention.

It seems to me that the turning points were the Alderweirald fiasco - especially considering his public statements about it and interview before TA ****ed off to spurs - and then the souring relationship with Koeman. After RK left of course the criticism went up a level owing to two poorly handled appointments, and then sticking with the clown.

Whatever 'credits' Reed may have built up have dwindled and now overtaken by two clusterf*ck summers with the appointments and signings in that period.

To offer some defence to Reed though we don't know what limitations or brief he is working under from above.

A squad that's cost £300 million and a wage bill c£100m a year. Limitations?

The issue isn't about limitations its about ability and under Les our recruitment has been horrendous, our academy has dried up and any talent is being immediately sold (to Liverpool) let's not even mention the manager appointments and payoffs

Let's not forget Les was assistant manager on a voluntary basis at Bishop's Stortford FC in the Conference South before Cortese gave him a job as youth development. he is out of his depths and needs to be put out of his/our misery

"Whilst I have no beef whatsoever with Les Reed, I can't wait till he does actually leave the club."

That is a contradiction. I have no beef whatsoever with Les Reed either.

He has had 4 wonderful years with Saints followed by 2 monumental shiiiite ones.

Mr Hilter had 11 wonderful years before he had a short holiday in Russia.

Unlike Les Reed, he is not remembered for those first 11 wonderful years but for his holiday in Russia in string vest and flip-flops.

Perhaps you need a lesson in History. Never mind the good bits, see the shiiite that is the present

All that 6th and 8th place b8llox before, is now Relegation disaster, ALL brought on by Les Reed and MR Stanley Unwin.

Long-term contracts to rubbish 15 players, a monumental Relegation screw-up and you seem quite happy about it. I certainly ain't.

Lastly a pathetic Manager who prefers Hoedt to Yoshida, Bednarek and Stephens. Hughes is either useless OR is deliberately angling for the sack. I think he will be gone by Xmas.

Bring on Pelligrino MKII, Les me old pathetic tosser mate.

He has had 4 wonderful years with Saints followed by 2 monumental shiiiite ones.

Mr Hilter had 11 wonderful years before he had a short holiday in Russia.

Unlike Les Reed, he is not remembered for those first 11 wonderful years but for his holiday in Russia in string vest and flip-flops.

Perhaps you need a lesson in History.

Perhaps you need a lesson in perspective. You’re probably trying to be clever & witty, maybe you’re trying to carve a niche as a forum “character”,but personally I find the comparison a bit distasteful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps you need a lesson in perspective. You’re probably trying to be clever & witty, maybe you’re trying to carve a niche as a forum “character”,but personally I find the comparison a bit distasteful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny how someone who likes to give it out is such a sensitive little snowflake

"Whilst I have no beef whatsoever with Les Reed, I can't wait till he does actually leave the club."

That is a contradiction. I have no beef whatsoever with Les Reed either.

Well aware that it's a contradiction Larry, my point being, that I can't wait to see who comes in after him, but more importantly, how long it takes the usual suspects to call for his removal as well.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

He certainly didn’t get any praise on here. I also don’t see how he can be blamed for Toby deciding he would rather go to Spurs than stay with us.