The £300 million team

Heisenberg

Going through our transfer history I make our squad costing £212million give or take a couple, including all players at the club or out on loan.

And yet this whole thread is based on Heisenberg saying it is c£300m, with no workings or proof.

All figures taken from https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk

PEH 13.5

Gabbi 15.3

Boufal 17

Bednarek 5.5

Hoedt 15

Lemina 15.5

Carillo 20

Armstrong 7.2

Gunn 10.2

Elyounoussi 16.2

Vestergaard 22.5

Stephen's. 0.2

Davis 1

Ings 20

Yoshida 2.5

Redmond 12.2

McCarthy 4.5

Classie 13.5

Romeu 6.3

Soares 6.3

Austin 5

Long 13.5

Bertrand 12

FF 11.5

Total is £266m

Not included the market value of JWP, Gallagher, Reed, Targett, Sims, McQueen ect ect

PEH 13.5

Gabbi 15.3

Boufal 17

Bednarek 5.5

Hoedt 15

Lemina 15.5

Carillo 20

Armstrong 7.2

Gunn 10.2

Elyounoussi 16.2

Vestergaard 22.5

Stephen's. 0.2

Davis 1

Ings 20

Yoshida 2.5

Redmond 12.2

McCarthy 4.5

Classie 13.5

Romeu 6.3

Soares 6.3

Austin 5

Long 13.5

Bertrand 12

FF 11.5

Total is £266m

Not included the market value of JWP, Gallagher, Reed, Targett, Sims, McQueen ect ect

Davis was £750K

Clasie was £8M

Long was £12M

Carrillo £19.2M

Boufal £15M

Not doing too bad considering £50M of your list aren't even at the club...

Boufal £17M

Carrillo £20M

Clasie £13.5M

Edited by Saint Garrett

not enough,that is for sure

Seems we got a combined £100m for Mane and VVD.

If Liverpool tried to sell both now I doubt they'd get much more than £300m :? Who could have ever predicted the market movement though right....

We reinvested our £100m in Carillo (20) Boufal (17) Ings (20) Hoedt (15) Big V (22) + paid off some of Corteses huge debts, so safe to say we've had the last laugh

Liverpool won 2-0 at palace, same as us. Liverpool won 1-0 against Brighton, same as us.. So they've given us millions and we are still just as good as them.

And yet this whole thread is based on Heisenberg saying it is c£300m, with no workings or proof.

Heisenberg is a complete t osser. Just ignore what he says. He is the first to post on a thread when we lose ( see the Everton post match thread) yet is never to be found when we win. See the Palace post match thread.

This forum has no trolls according to the mods but he and other trolls // Pompey fans are killing it. Put him on ignore, dont post on the threads that he starts (they are always negative - havent you noticed)and forget about renewing your subscription until he and other trolls are removed from this site.

^ if I lived in a dark room and someone kept turning on the lights and opening the curtains I'd be annoyed too.

Truth hurts sometimes mate. Enjoy the good times but don't be scared to challenge things. Being passionate and questioning things doesn't make you a bad fan, probably just means you care.

Always negative? https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?57823-****-POSITIVES-****

Be careful mate, I know you don't post a lot but seems when you do its about me. Don't want anyone to think you're obsessed with Big H.

Heisenberg

Heisenberg is a complete t osser.

Heisenberg

Heisenberg

Heisenberg

Heisenberg

You're not obsessed are you mate? Are you... :suspicious:

Heisenberg is a complete t osser. Just ignore what he says. He is the first to post on a thread when we lose ( see the Everton post match thread) yet is never to be found when we win. See the Palace post match thread.

This forum has no trolls according to the mods but he and other trolls // Pompey fans are killing it. Put him on ignore, dont post on the threads that he starts (they are always negative - havent you noticed)and forget about renewing your subscription until he and other trolls are removed from this site.

Yup, I know - all true. He isn't alone which is the sad thing. We were 3 pages in which is why I was calling him out on his stats. He done a poor job of justifying them anywhere £300m (inflated by a 1/3?) by including Boufal, Carillo etc - shame someone didn't ask for his workings on day one so then I didn't have to waste my time on this thread :)

Never put anyone on ignore before - perhaps I should try it, though I always think I'll just see half of all conversations (1/4 in this place?).

PEH 13.5

Gabbi 15.3

Boufal 17

Bednarek 5.5

Hoedt 15

Lemina 15.5

Carillo 20

Armstrong 7.2

Gunn 10.2

Elyounoussi 16.2

Vestergaard 22.5

Stephen's. 0.2

Davis 1

Ings 20

Yoshida 2.5

Redmond 12.2

McCarthy 4.5

Classie 13.5

Romeu 6.3

Soares 6.3

Austin 5

Long 13.5

Bertrand 12

FF 11.5

Total is £266m

OK, now also prove your original assertion that "our wage bill is c£100 million a year".

And prove "One of the most expensive squads in Europe", you can start with comparison with every other Premier League club.

After all that, maybe we can actually have a debate about the facts

OK, now also prove your original assertion that "our wage bill is c£100 million a year".

And prove "One of the most expensive squads in Europe", you can start with comparison with every other Premier League club.

After all that, maybe we can actually have a debate about the facts

Can I introduce you to http://www.google.com it's a hidden gem and allows you to search for ANYTHING

You can use it to search for Southampton fc latest accounts and allows you to search for things like "most expensive football squads" can also add cheeky words like "comparisons & all teams" mix it up, play with it... Have some fun with it.

Trust me it's brilliant - Happy hunting

As for "maybe we can actually have a debate about the facts" I've taken a quick peak at your forum contributions to date and it's clear what type of poster you are..... Another poster that posts (almost exclusively) about other posters and doesn't seem to have much opinion, passion or knowledge of football or saints. So happy to pass on the "debate" that you "maybe" able to offer ;)

For those who want to believe, no proof is ever required. For those who refuse to believe, no proof is ever enough.

Enjoy Google and spread the word OK. Knowledge is power

Can I introduce you to http://www.google.com it's a hidden gem and allows you to search for ANYTHING

You can use it to search for Southampton fc latest accounts and allows you to search for things like "most expensive football squads" can also add cheeky words like "comparisons & all teams" mix it up, play with it... Have some fun with it.

Trust me it's brilliant - Happy hunting

As for "maybe we can actually have a debate about the facts" I've taken a quick peak at your forum contributions to date and it's clear what type of poster you are..... Another poster that posts (almost exclusively) about other posters and doesn't seem to have much opinion, passion or knowledge of football or saints. So happy to pass on the "debate" that you "maybe" able to offer ;)

For those who want to believe, no proof is ever required. For those who refuse to believe, no proof is ever enough.

Enjoy Google and spread the word OK. Knowledge is power

Which is a long winded way of saying you can't/wont back up your assertions. This is a pointless thread.

• 4 weeks later...

Worrying thing is apart from McCarthy, who I understood cost around £1m (not £4.5m) when purchased from Palace as back up to Forster, the rest of the squad have probably seen their 'value' reduce since signing for Saints. some quite significantly. And this against a general increase in the transfer market.

Worrying thing is apart from McCarthy, who I understood cost around £1m (not £4.5m) when purchased from Palace as back up to Forster, the rest of the squad have probably seen their 'value' reduce since signing for Saints. some quite significantly. And this against a general increase in the transfer market.

We are meticulous in our player research with dozens of options tracked for each position. Every detail is researched before a player signs to ensure they fit the club and the league. We are pioneers and other clubs follow our lead. Think that was the last time Les Reed spoke publically (c2016 lol)

on a serious note: Where player value drops (Carillo, Boufal, Classie ect ect ect ect) we loan them out allowing them to showcase the class.

Just remember form is temporary, class is permanent!!

• 4 weeks later...

This is no surprise! It is bound to be the case if you sell all whose value increases!

• 1 month later...
Apparently cardiffs squad has cost around just 15% of ours... c£45m

Mental

They still beat us on net spend by a huge margin.

Net spend last 5 years:

Man City £510m

Man Utd £418m

Chelsea £243m

Arsenal £222m

Everton £205m

Liverpool £174m

West Ham £146m

Leicester £142m

Brighton £132m

Palace £130m

Bournemouth £112m

Wolves £97m

Fulham £81m

Watford £81m

Newcastle £71m

Huddersfield £65m

Burnley £58m

Spurs £43m

Cardiff £19m

Saints -£35m

https://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-last-five-seasons/transfer-league-tables/premier-league-table-last-five-seasons

It's surprising we managed to stay up last year given all the other clubs are spending much more while we cheap out on signing reserve players, having inexperienced goalkeepers as 1st team coaches etc.

Net spend last 5 years:

Man City £510m

Man Utd £418m

Chelsea £243m

Arsenal £222m

Everton £205m

Liverpool £174m

West Ham £146m

Leicester £142m

Brighton £132m

Palace £130m

Bournemouth £112m

Wolves £97m

Fulham £81m

Watford £81m

Newcastle £71m

Huddersfield £65m

Burnley £58m

Spurs £43m

Cardiff £19m

Saints -£35m

https://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-last-five-seasons/transfer-league-tables/premier-league-table-last-five-seasons

It's surprising we managed to stay up last year given all the other clubs are spending much more while we cheap out on signing reserve players, having inexperienced goalkeepers as 1st team coaches etc.

This is pointless.

If you go by the table;

Man City - where they should be

Man Utd - under performing (no shock under Mourinho)

Everton - under performing (no shock although loads seem to think Silva is some sort of god)

Liverpool - OVER performing!

Spurs - massively over performing

The rest, where they should be bar Fulham.

This is pointless.

If you go by the table;

Everton - under performing (no shock although loads seem to think Silva is some sort of god)

I wouldn't call it pointless. It's a representation of how willing owners are to spend. Everyone knows Levy is tight with money. We're in another world with our owners. They sold the story of us being the best run club by being sustainable but we are where we are because of our unwillingness to reinvest. Sadly the drop is inevitable. You can't keep up in this league by standing still.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

This is pointless.

If you go by the table;

Yep, agreed. As you mention, 4 or 5 clubs are in false positions but the rest aren't a million miles from their net spend positions. In fact, if you take spurs out of the bottom 6, I'd be surprised if the remaining 5 clubs plus Fulham aren't the bottom 6 at the end of the season.

Edited by egg

Net spend last 5 years:

Man City £510m

Man Utd £418m

Chelsea £243m

Arsenal £222m

Everton £205m

Liverpool £174m

West Ham £146m

Leicester £142m

Brighton £132m

Palace £130m

Bournemouth £112m

Wolves £97m

Fulham £81m

Watford £81m

Newcastle £71m

Huddersfield £65m

Burnley £58m

Spurs £43m

Cardiff £19m

Saints -£35m

Just weird how we appear to be the only club in this league that has to sell to buy.