Brighton 0 Saints 1 - Match and Reactions.

Shroppie

Seems odd why Hughes is playing Armstrong on left, when everyone knows he plays central. Gabbi up front on his own, when he's a supporting striker, not one to hold up the ball, and Stephen s on the pitch, and not only that he's playing as left back WTF, think he's lost the plot

Is he really? Who's playing right back? Targett?

Stephens is RB, Targett LB.

Is a bit strange we haven't played Gabbi in behind someone else.

Don't get me wrong, fair play to Hughes for keeping us up, but he's yet to prove to me that this season he has a plan. Tonight's formation baffles me and when things don't go our way his changes are just odd. On Saturday we were crying out for someone else in midfield in the second half, maybe a bit of guile (Armstrong) to produce a better quality final ball, but instead we got Austin up top.

Don't get me wrong, fair play to Hughes for keeping us up, but he's yet to prove to me that this season he has a plan. Tonight's formation baffles me and when things don't go our way his changes are just odd. On Saturday we were crying out for someone else in midfield in the second half, maybe a bit of guile (Armstrong) to produce a better quality final ball, but instead we got Austin up top.

Agree there.

We have got Hughes at the arse end of his time as a top manager.

My gripe is that we wasted an entire preseason on a formation that we only ended up using for 60 minutes. All a bit bizarre. It feels like when you are playing FM and can’t decide if your tactics/formation need changing or whether to ride out the storm for a bit.

Seems odd why Hughes is playing Armstrong on left, when everyone knows he plays central. Gabbi up front on his own, when he's a supporting striker, not one to hold up the ball, and Stephen s on the pitch, and not only that he's playing as left back WTF, think he's lost the plot

It's an odd line up, f'sure. Would have preferred to see Gallagher up top, Gabbi on the left in the 3, Armstrong central. Why we aren't playing square pegs in square holes, beats me.

Listening to Solent sounds dire so far. Sounds like lots of square pegs in round holes. Despite five new signings and a different manager we really don't seem to be any better than last season.

Uninspiring in attack, light weight in midfield, and mistake ridden at the back.

You've summarised my thoughts entirely. It might even get worse however infeasible that sounds. We seem to be going through the motions with no plan at all.