Brighton 0 Saints 1 - Match and Reactions.

Shroppie

Seriously good result for confidence and morale. Makes for an interesting team selection Saturday. Both CBs sounded better than the ones currently in favour.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Something seriously odd is going on if Yoshida doesn't play, that's for sure.

Wycombe or Forest Green please.

FGR please, never been there. Angleman had better get his burger and chips on the way to the ground though, no chance of getting one there, unless he likes soya or a vegan substitute.

FGR please, never been there. Angleman had better get his burger and chips on the way to the ground though, no chance of getting one there, unless he likes soya or a vegan substitute.
Not happening. They lost the penalty shoot-out.

Statement from Southampton football club

Southampton football club would like to apologise for tonight's result. Everyone can be assured that the club will pull out all of the stops to ensure normal service will be resumed for our next game against Crystal Palace fc this coming weekend.

Not happening. They lost the penalty shoot-out.

Wycombe it could be then. That 0-0 draw there in L1 was dire. Burton could be an option if they hold on, Villa missed pen in last minute. Oxford would be a good night out.

Got a feeling it might be Bournemouth though

Wycombe it could be then. That 0-0 draw there in L1 was dire. Burton could be an option if they hold on, Villa missed pen in last minute. Oxford would be a good night out.

Them feelings are rarely wrong

Hard to tell a lot when all you have is Adam and Dave’s commentary and all Dave seems to talk about is how great it is when you play two up front.

I hope that Yoshi comes back in for the Palace game after this performance in place of Hoedt. Last year’s scapegoat Redmond looks to have continued his excellent run of performances with his late cameo, and Gallagher sounded effective.

Weird on Saints Player, Commentary low key but caption comes up 0-1 Austin (88), after about a minute the commentary reaches the goal. Same with full time. Certainly eases the tension.

Gallagher up top gave us better movement, Redmond and Austin added to that. Two off the line. Gunn sounded solid, the CBs OK. Now get Yoshida back into the League team. Elyanoussi sounded off the pace and needs to step up a notch. Armstrong out wide isn't working as he is as far as I know a natural 10.

Hard to tell a lot when all you have is Adam and Dave’s commentary and all Dave seems to talk about is how great it is when you play two up front.

I hope that Yoshi comes back in for the Palace game after this performance in place of Hoedt. Last year’s scapegoat Redmond looks to have continued his excellent run of performances with his late cameo, and Gallagher sounded effective.

I only caught SSN chap who indicated we were massively on top most of the time in a sh1t game.

I remember that Wycombe game for 2 reasons. Firstly the kids having a penalty shootout at h/t and secondly the 50 tonnes of sand they’d spread across the pitch, killing the bounce stone dead.

Could be worse boys. Only one relegation place up for grabs. Cardiff and Huddersfield have gone

Don't be so sure about Huddersfield...good manager, great community support and high spirit makes up for a lot when the pressure is on...they will escape IMO

On the coach home and enjoyed that second half. Looked disjointed first half but unsurprising given number of changes. Second half thought David and JWP ran things, with Sam and Redmond in particular adding attacking verve. Fullback made Redmond go onto his left foot, and rather than come back inside he whipped in perfect left footed cross and if you give that service to Austin he thrives.

Positives for me were Yoshida, Bednarek, JWP, Romeu, Davis and the 3 subs. Disappointed by Stephens, Targett and in particular Armostrong who looked some way short

Weird on Saints Player, Commentary low key but caption comes up 0-1 Austin (88), after about a minute the commentary reaches the goal. Same with full time. Certainly eases the tension.

Gallagher up top gave us better movement, Redmond and Austin added to that. Two off the line. Gunn sounded solid, the CBs OK. Now get Yoshida back into the League team. Elyanoussi sounded off the pace and needs to step up a notch. Armstrong out wide isn't working as he is as far as I know a natural 10.

Armstrong is more a natural 8 than a 10. Played most of his games as a forward-thinking central midfielder rather than as a playmaker.