Palace v Saints Build Up

trousers

Not sure that is within our style, even with Mark Hughes as manager.

Romeu can be a bit overzealous in his tackling, and possibly Lemina, but apart from those two it's not an area we prosper in. JWP ?? If we do, then at what stage do we go down to 10 men?

Seen JWP stick in a few meaty tackles leaving an oppo on the floor moaning at the ref. The ref has more often than not just gone "I can't believe such a nice young man would have done such a thing..............carry on".

-------------------McCarthy-------------------

Cedric-----Yoshida----Vestergaard----Bertrand

-----------Lemina--------Hojbjerg------------

-----------------Armstrong--------------------

Elyounoussi---------------------------Redmond

--------------------Ings------------------------

More importantly...where are people drinking?

Seen JWP stick in a few meaty tackles leaving an oppo on the floor moaning at the ref. The ref has more often than not just gone "I can't believe such a nice young man would have done such a thing..............carry on".

lol

-------------------McCarthy-------------------

Cedric-----Yoshida----Vestergaard----Bertrand

-----------Lemina--------Hojbjerg------------

-----------------Armstrong--------------------

Elyounoussi---------------------------Redmond

--------------------Ings------------------------

More importantly...where are people drinking?

Most people used to go to the Wetherspoons called Flora Sandes in Thornton Heath but that's closed down now, I'd suggest just sticking round Clapham Junction cos the pubs near the ground are pretty ****, but if you do head near the ground The Railway Tavern is your best bet but it'll be busy as Spoons used to get full when it was there and that was huge.

Most people used to go to the Wetherspoons called Flora Sandes in Thornton Heath but that's closed down now, I'd suggest just sticking round Clapham Junction cos the pubs near the ground are pretty ****, but if you do head near the ground The Railway Tavern is your best bet but it'll be busy as Spoons used to get full when it was there and that was huge.

Last few times I've been to Palace I've drunk around Balham, might just do that again...

Yellow cards no longer apply to separate competitions, whereas straight reds do. But no-one seems to know if a sending off for 2 yellows crosses competitions or not. On the Total Saints podcast Adam Leitch thought he would've served it tonight, but he didn't sound totally convinced.

Hojbjerg is not listed as currently suspended on the FA's discipline website.

No Long please

We're a better team with him in it, sadly. He's our best target man. Whether we want the target man to stretch defences, or to win headers or to hold up the ball, he's the best at those things and as a team we need someone in our side to do that as we don't really have the quality to play through teams.

We're a better team with him in it, sadly. He's our best target man. Whether we want the target man to stretch defences, or to win headers or to hold up the ball, he's the best at those things and as a team we need someone in our side to do that as we don't really have the quality to play through teams.

When your best player at 'holding up the ball' is one whose control is equivalent to a short pass, you know you've got problems.

i think we'll have a mystifying line-up (including Hoedt) from Hughes, who will then not inspire them to start quickly, after which we will do a bit better, score, then let in a goal immediately before conceding their winner two minutes before full time. As is programmed into our players' thick bonces. We'll then all say it's too early to be worried from the relegation zone, and there are surely three worse teams than us. Most will have a pop at Hughes and we'll think that having another new manager might be best already.

When your best player at 'holding up the ball' is one whose control is equivalent to a short pass, you know you've got problems.

Agreed. However the other option is to play Austin and Gabbiadini and completely surrender any will to hold up the ball or stretch defences at all. Then we can all moan about how unfit, not match fit, isolated or just **** they are...again.

Agreed. However the other option is to play Austin and Gabbiadini and completely surrender any will to hold up the ball or stretch defences at all. Then we can all moan about how unfit, not match fit, isolated or just **** they are...again.

I'd have a front 3 of Ings, Gabbi and Redmond personally, with Armstrong in behind. Don't want to see either Austin or Long starting.

We've won a few times up here in the last few seasons but sadly it's difficult to predict anything other than a defeat. It's early days but it seems we are carrying on from last season's dire form. 3-1 Palace (Zaha, Milivojevic, Townsend, Ings).

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Is anyone from Bitterne area travelling up for this tomorrow? I am in London but need to collect some tickets from someone in Bitterne. Would anyone be so kind as to get those tickets for me and meet at Selhurst Park?! It's a big ask but would make things a lot easier for me and make my little one very happy! Obviously I would buy a few pints in return...

You think Huddersfield won't lose at Everton?

0-0 nailed on with that one I reckon.

Looking down the fixture list there are some pretty dire fixtures today with only possibly Chelsea v Bomo attractive to watch, if Bomo decide to give it a go.

Hopefully Wolves will add to to WHU's woes and keep us away from bottom spot and Puell keeps up his stopping Liverpool score record!! Under pressure Moanrinhio to park the bus for a 0-0 draw at Burnley too.

Best league in the world though. :rolleyes:

We will play half decent for about 1 half worth.

They will start fast and we will have the first 10 mins or defending the 18 yard line with Hoedt whacking the ball everywhere

2-0 to palace, with us giving up the middle of the park along with Hughes moaning about the ref

Edited by Batman