Palace v Saints Build Up

trousers

Defeat, but with a twenty minute section that shows "hope for the future/progress/something to build on" etc etc. This will be either "We started strongly but couldn't score" or "We were much better later in the second half". The usual sh ite.

Hope I'm wrong etc etc etc.

What would be the point of bringing in players who are medically fit, would only add to Hughes already considerable team selection problems in knowing who his best XI was each Saturday. Having loads of players in the treatment room limits his options which helps him look more decisive in pressers. Long gets the call once again.

"When I was playing, which mind you was a long time ago, we'd not let an excuse like having a broken leg stop us being out there on the pitch giving our all on a Saturday afternoon..."

Why on Earth would you find it funny?

Also, I've never seen any quotes from him in regards to this.

He is the latest scapegoat, many derogatory comments will be attributed to him, most probably untrue.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

How can Hojbjerg keep his place given his performances and idiocy last week?

Too often football fans write off a players performance on one or two incidents in a game. Of course, the sending off was game-changing and idiotic, but he played pretty well until that point.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Mo, Hoj and Long have to turn up in this game to justify their positions.

No Gabbi or Armstrong again. Not the starting line up I would have gone for but at least it isn't the ultra defensive **** Hughes has been putting out.

I hadn't twigged that Armstrong isn't in the squad either. He's one of the new additions that gives us something different (a midfielder whose instinct is to attack rather than ponder on the ball), so a tad head-scratchy IMO that he isn't a regular in the starting 11, let alone the matchday squad.

I hadn't twigged that Armstrong isn't in the squad either. He's one of the new additions that gives us something different (a midfielder whose instinct is to attack rather than ponder on the ball), so a tad head-scratchy IMO that he isn't a regular in the starting 11, let alone the matchday squad.

Not 100% here but I think he's been struggling with an injury.