Carabao Cup draw - Round 3 - Everton (a)

Pamplemousse

Fans moaning about this. But at the very least its a useful fixture against a good premier league side. Right now the team needs games to gell and work on tactics. Far more useful than a game against lower league opposition with a totally rotated side.

And we will beat Everton at some point... may as well be a league cup 3rd round game that they might rest players for :)

They still haven't confirmed the date for this one. The problem is that Liverpool are also playing at home. Both Chelsea and Everton play on Sunday, so they can't play on the Tuesday, and the police for obvious reasons don't want Everton and Liverpool playing at home on the same evening. So something has to give.

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/fixtures-results/chelsea-liverpool-carabao-cup-confirmed-15119341

This article mentions the Thursday as a possible date for one of the fixtures, but all of the four teams are scheduled to play on the following Saturday two days later (including Chelsea v Liverpool, scheduled for live TV) so that doesn't seem possible either, unless they move our away game at Wolves to the Sunday, but the backlash against the short notice wouldn't be pretty.

Bit of a headache for the authorities to sort out.

They still haven't confirmed the date for this one. The problem is that Liverpool are also playing at home. Both Chelsea and Everton play on Sunday, so they can't play on the Tuesday, and the police for obvious reasons don't want Everton and Liverpool playing at home on the same evening. So something has to give.

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/fixtures-results/chelsea-liverpool-carabao-cup-confirmed-15119341

This article mentions the Thursday as a possible date for one of the fixtures, but all of the four teams are scheduled to play on the following Saturday two days later (including Chelsea v Liverpool, scheduled for live TV) so that doesn't seem possible either, unless they move our away game at Wolves to the Sunday, but the backlash against the short notice wouldn't be pretty.

So why can't it be Everton v Saints on Wednesday, Liverpool v Chelsea on Tuesday? Or have I missed something.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Easiest way is for them to move the Liverpool game to the Sunday and then have them play Chelsea on the Tuesday. Much more likely that our games v Wolves will be moved though.

I'll be seriously f*cked off if it does, i've bought train tickets and match ticket for it already and i can't imagine they'll refund me the cost.

I'll be seriously f*cked off if it does, i've bought train tickets and match ticket for it already and i can't imagine they'll refund me the cost.

Nope- remember someone on here when the Arsenal away game got moved last year they had already booked hotel and train tickets which never got refunded.

You should get match ticket refunded though.

As have 10 of us.

Though going by the Man City Away move today, let’s face it they really don’t give a **** about us.

Thought this had happened before.... 5 years ago we had to play a week later as Newcastle & Sunderland were both drawn at home - I presume PL tv matches meant that they couldn’t go one on Tuesday and one on Wednesday.

At least this time the date hasn’t been announced and then changed. Merely delayed this time.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/Fixture-chaos-10-reasons-why-games-are-moved

So, Saints might have our fixture moved largely to accommodate Liverpool and Chelsea even though both have an embarrassment of riches in their squads and are likely to field reserve teams for the Cup tie.