Palace vs Saints - Match Thread

Lighthouse

Talk all you like about our centre back options - we've got no-one nearly as bad as Martin Kelly.

How he still gets a gig as a PL football is one of life's great mysteries.

Let's not sit on this and try and keep what we have - go get a second and kill it off.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I’ve long thought Hojbjerg has potential, but there have been a few moments in this game where he has avoided positive play and instead chosen to slow down, play backwards or not commit (he just had chance to break, and in the first half Redmond ended up losing possession because Hoj didn’t make a forward run).

It’s one thing to be safe and keep possession instead of risky/hopeful balls, but another to be reluctant to commit to anything positive.

I’ve long thought Hojbjerg has potential, but there have been a few moments in this game where he has avoided positive play and instead chosen to slow down, play backwards or not commit (he just had chance to break, and in the first half Redmond ended up losing possession because Hoj didn’t make a forward run).

It’s one thing to be safe and keep possession instead of risky/hopeful balls, but another to be reluctant to commit to anything positive.

Indeed. Put Armstrong in possession at that point and we're in their danger area in a flash.