Enjoyed that, good game of English football

Lots of chances, good saves, misses, woodwork hit etc

Hoj my MoM. Brilliant today

Lemina good

Remond good

Bertrand good

Cedric good

Generally, a good game to watch with not the highest quality on display

Well done PEH, redeemed himself after last week.

Performance on a whole was good but didn't like the way we invited the pressure once we missed the penalty. Hoedt gets a lot of stick on here (I'm not his biggest fan) but good composure to set us off for our 2nd goal instead of doing an aimless long ball up the pitch.

GET IN!

Good win that. Could be a real confidence-booster for the squad.

Looked better going forwards...stronger in midfield and more commited at the back. Hoedt still has some dodgy moments though.

Beer o'clock I think!

Edited by Suhari

PEH best player on the pitch. What a way to redeem himself after last week.

Yep. Proper MOTM performance today.

Put through the wringer in the 2nd half after we scored, and when Austin missed that penalty it looked inevitable we would throw it away again. But rode out the pressure and the break for our second was a thing of beauty.

Nice to be feeling very happy at 5pm on a saturday for once.

We were the better side.

Enjoyed that, good game of English football

Lots of chances, good saves, misses, woodwork hit etc

Hoj my MoM. Brilliant today

Lemina good

Remond good

Bertrand good

Cedric good

Generally, a good game to watch with not the highest quality on display

What about McCarthy I thought his saves were very important it is really great having a decent keeper and a striker who scores

Delighted with the win.

Have to admit I was bricking it after Austin missed the spot kick and we started to drop deeper and deeper.

PEH played very well, as did Long who I am normally not a fan of. Ings took his goal well and the defence somehow kept the ball out after a very nervy last half-hour.

Well done to the team, and I hope this gives them some confidence going into the next match!

Much needed win. Not beating a palace without zaha would have been a major missed chance.

First half seemed a missed opportunity as dominated the midfield but were very poor in final third.

Lovely taken goal by Ings. Then Austin should have ended the game with the penalty.

Not sure why Hughes didn't have another attacking player on the bench. Bringing on Romeu almost cost us as it just invited them on.

2nd goal lovely ball by (Targett?) & cool finish by mom Hojberg.

Shane Long may have met a worse striker than him today in Benteke. Still don't have a clue why he is starting for us.

Shane Long may have met a worse striker than him today in Benteke. Still don't have a clue why he is starting for us.

Not for his goals, obviously. He had a clear header in the 6 yard box from a (for once) decent Cedric cross, and fluffed it completely. But his presence unnerves defenders and makes teams reluctant to commit too many players forward. It's telling that once he went off, we started facing a lot more pressure because we had no pacy outlet. When our lone striker is someone as slow as Austin, defenders can confidently step forward a bit more to join the attack.

Well done. Wasn't pretty, felt like a late-season six-pointer, but we dug it out.

I think most us have felt that Lemina and Hojbjerg should work as a partnership - mobile, lots of energy, defend and break - but for whatever reason it's never quite clicked. It certainly did today - aside from the three points, that was the major positive moving forwards, I thought.

Credit to McCarthy for some decent saves, though he had two air punches at crosses that Benteke failed to capitalise on, so it wasn't a perfect day at the office.

Didn't think much of Austin's 30 minutes off the bench. Even discounting the fluffed penalty, he contributed nothing.

But that's a problem for another day. Today we won a game. And it's nice and sunny. Good times.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I’m so happy that we won. Ings may well become the main man by the end of the season, if he stays fit.

A bit of a dangerous trait is revealing itself of fading after scoring. Palace were all over us for quite a lengthy period after the first goal. Lucky for us, Benteke continues to be snakebitten in front of goal. McCarthy did well to save Benteke’s close-range header with his legs near the end, even if it was directed right at him.

I’m so happy that Hoj was able to get over last weekend and play as well as he did. Good to see all the non-squad members like Armstrong and Gabbiadini congratulating the team as they came off at the end.

Not for his goals, obviously. He had a clear header in the 6 yard box from a (for once) decent Cedric cross, and fluffed it completely. But his presence unnerves defenders and makes teams reluctant to commit too many players forward. It's telling that once he went off, we started facing a lot more pressure because we had no pacy outlet. When our lone striker is someone as slow as Austin, defenders can confidently step forward a bit more to join the attack.

Yeah, seems to me that he's a relatively easy threat to nullify, in that he can be tracked and isn't able to impose himself if the other team is paying attention, but doing that actually costs quite a lot for the other team in terms of what they have to commit to do that.

We got the penalty and hit the bar after he went off. It's when we lost ings that we barely got out of our half

I'm not doubting the fact he's a better outlet than Romeu but when you've got gallagher and gabbi & he wants to play that!

Not a pretty win that and lets be honest if Benteke had his shooting boots on Palace probably should've won it but we did everything we needed to do in the end.

Hojbjerg, Ings and Elyounoussi had great games and McCarthy pulled some superb saves out. Still think our defence looks about shaky as f*ck and a side with a good goal scorer will put a few past us but i'll take that for now and hopefully it's something to build on.

Fantastic win! So happy about that. Watching soccer Saturday and hearing there was a second goal at Selhurst I nearly collapsed, but buzzing to get the win now.

Hoj rights his wrong, clean sheet and two goals away from home. Seems like 442 and hard working from the top is what we’ll be seeing. Fine by me.

Great win, into the international break with a win under our belts.

Much needed win. Not beating a palace without zaha would have been a major missed chance.

First half seemed a missed opportunity as dominated the midfield but were very poor in final third.

Lovely taken goal by Ings. Then Austin should have ended the game with the penalty.

Not sure why Hughes didn't have another attacking player on the bench. Bringing on Romeu almost cost us as it just invited them on.

2nd goal lovely ball by (Targett?) & cool finish by mom Hojberg.

I guess you didn't watch the game then? After he left the field, we had zero outlet and were constantly under pressure in our own half, and had Palace (Benteke in particular) been more clinical, we would have lost. We were lucky today, but I guess you know better?

I didn't think Hojbjerg was great in the first half. Gradually improved second half and was superb for the last half an hour, I'm guessing that is why people think he was MoM (as well as the well taken goal to seal victory).

I thought most players played well to be honest when we were under the cosh - certainly felt like they were all putting themselves on the line. There was of course the inevitable terrible Hoedt clearance, dodgy Cedric header thrown in, and a few other hairy moments but more good than bad. Not sure we would have won if Zaha had played.

I wasn't convinced of the line up but given we played well and deservedly led, not sure you can complain about Hughes (though some people will). Long injury couldn't be helped, but if the plan is to have your two strikers chase the ball and stretch the game, you know eventually they will tire, so strange to only have Austin on the bench (the less said of his performance the better). So the choice of substitutes can be rightly criticised, in my opinion.

We are a very poor side and I'm amazed Palace didn't equalise in the last 20 minutes. Hoedt was dreadful again, consistently bullied by Benteke but a fortunate clean sheet means he'll keep his place now. McCarthy made some great saves but also flapped at crosses that should have resulted in goals.

Long was fantastic up front holding the ball up and giving us an outlet, and Lemina and Hojbjerg were very good in midfield. The rest were pretty crap

Worked out the last time I was at Selhurst Park it was called Dellhurst Park 19 years ago.

Same result, just as nervous.

McCarthy very good, Forster loses is that.

Vestegaard a beast

Cedric did ok

PEH great although sometimes still hold the game up

Lemina grew into the game.

Ings great poach

Austin missing that penalty really could have really hurt us.

Anyway, onwards!

I guess you didn't watch the game then? After he left the field, we had zero outlet and were constantly under pressure in our own half, and had Palace (Benteke in particular) been more clinical, we would have lost. We were lucky today, but I guess you know better?

I watched the game we had 2 of our best chances once he left the pitch.(penalty & bar hit)

Losing ings was when we sank into our own area.

He was good today, were you watching a different game? Mess

He was ****ing woeful again. Barely won a header, consistently let Benteke back in to him without doing anything to stop him and some of his attempted clearances in some of the scrambles in our box were laughable.

He's ****e

He was ****ing woeful again. Barely won a header, consistently let Benteke back in to him without doing anything to stop him and some of his attempted clearances in some of the scrambles in our box were laughable.

He's ****e

You know you've just described a foul don't you? What are you suggesting he should do when being fouled?

I watched the game we had 2 of our best chances once he left the pitch.(penalty & bar hit)

Losing ings was when we sank into our own area.

On the way back from the game. Long was very effective today and is critical to the way we currently set up. But crack on and keep chatting ****.