We better away than at home?

Pilchards

Seems like we win more away in the cups and the league than we do at home?

Is this because our fans get on the players backs at home or is it because the away supporters are drowning out our very own and the players are not feeling the support from the terraces?

I personally think we play a different system where we get hit on the break too often as we feel it's our duty to push for goals urgently.

Thoughts?

Our away support is amazing tbf- never been bad whenever I went and yesterday was up there itself.

Pretty sure we put Button off on Tuesday night just ourselves against Brighton.

I actually just think SMS is just cursed now for some of the reasons mentioned in the other thread.

Our away support is amazing tbf- never been bad whenever I went

Our away support can be woeful at times, and ironically the bigger it is the worse it is. There's certain games though where you can normally predict it'll be poor, Arsenal is one of them, we definitely travel in much, much bigger numbers than we used to though. I can remember being part of what couldn't have been more than 200 saints away to leeds midweek in the late 90s (Carlton Palmers first game back there), and for some reason Everton always seemed to be a dismal showing.

We've definitely improved on that now, and most games we take the full allocation, although still have our embarrassing moments (not selling the larger allocation at Anfield in the league cup semi for example).

Anyway to the original posters question you answered it yourself, away from home we play on the break and teams attack us more leaving space, we're at our worst trying to break sides down, hence why our home form is worse than our away form.

Under Pochettino and Koeman it didn't matter because we had better players who could get through the "bus parking" now we have far more average players the result is as you'd expect.

Do the stats bear this out?

Two wins this season both away from home

2018 calendar year in all competitions

5 away wins

2 at home

Any wonder we are so bad at home with our whinging moaning fans, sarcastically cheering our players, polite applause or sitting in silence.

Two wins this season both away from home

2018 calendar year in all competitions

5 away wins

2 at home

Any wonder we are so bad at home with our whinging moaning fans, sarcastically cheering our players, polite applause or sitting in silence.

Ok so I needed to check. We are poor at home but we still get more points but not by much. 43 pts in last two seasons compared with 73 pts fir the two before that

19 v 17 Pellegrino

24 v 22 Puel

36 v 27 Koeman second season

37 v 23 Koeman first season

Ok so I needed to check. We are poor at home but we still get more points but not by much. 43 pts in last two seasons compared with 73 pts fir the two before that

19 v 17 Pellegrino

24 v 22 Puel

36 v 27 Koeman second season

37 v 23 Koeman first season

Jesus those stats are grim and make you realise how far we've fallen and how quickly, we've almost halved the amount of points we're getting at home between Koeman and Pellegrino.