Injury seen or suffered at a game

Pilchards

Just putting this one out there as it’s on my mind.

(1) Sat in the archers when my season ticket mate told me about the guy in front of him.

See that scar at the back of his head? That’s me celebrating and my two front teeth planted straight into the back of him (funny as f**k)

(2) In the archers before a game as this Harry Potter lookalike got his glasses taken off with a vicious shot that hit him straight in the face. He reported it and got his glasses repaired.

(3) My worse injury happened outside the game as I was walking to the match and singing to some scousers. My mates words were ‘Hey err, watch ......!! BANG. (I walked straight into a lamppost which knocked me out)

(4) Last ever game at the dell as I went to the very top of the stadium where the floodlights are and when coming down I had to make a small jump but my plastic bag which was carrying some memorabilia I found up there followed through and smacked me on top of the head which left me lying there with blood running down my face :)

Northam stand, the season we went down to the Championship - saints scored a goal, and the guy 5 seats along from me was shoved forward with the celebration going on around him. One leg went between the seat in front and the concrete step....so onto the same level as the row in front. As everyone moved again, he moved but his leg didn't....safe to say the leg didn't fare so well, and I felt really pretty sick afterwards.

Mate of mine a few years ago at Newcastle away, year we won 1-2 in the yellow kit. Hurtled head first down about 8 rows, anyone who has been there knows how steep it is. How he didn’t kill himself I’ll never know.

My gobby mate was knocked off the wall at the Milton Road end by Phil Boyer, he was chatting up the 2 girls who had been claiming to be Trevor Hebberd and Austin Hayes sisters for weeks. He was sat on top of the wall, back to the pitch,while the players were having their 5 minute warm up before the kick off one second there he is 13year old King Gob of the Milton, next second he is laying on the floor at our feet in a crumpled heap, all of us “in his court” crying our eyes out trying not to wet ourselves with laughter. I swear Phil Boyer had just won a few of quid off a couple of players because he was failing to hide his smile as my mate hauled himself to his feet and we were still laughing.

Mate of mine was swinging on a pipe at the top of Selhurst Park roof when we scored, lost his grip and hit the gent in front of him with a flying kick in the back of the neck, sending him flying over the seat in front. My ribs were killing me laughing so much. I presume my mate & the chap in front were probably ok tho.

Edited by Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

Worst injury to a player I saw was at the Dell. the Arsenal goalkeeper Wilson challenged Hugh Fisher and the leg break could be heard where we sat, sickening, he was out for months. One of our most under rated players, on the bench for the Cup Final

Neil Madison shinned a half volley goalwards from around the penalty spot against Sheffield United. I was perfectly positioned in line to see it was a goal from the moment the ball sliced off his sock.

Instinctively, I rushed to exclaim this incoming goal while the ball was en route, only to choke on a recently gorged mouthful of hamburger and spend the ensuing celebrations being horribly sick.

I think it was Brantfoot era and we all protested the useless donkey after the game. Even those of us with puke on our shoes.

Good times.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I once saw Rasiak run for the ball at more than 5 mph. Poor fu***r was never the same afterwards.

Think we lost to Norwich 1-0 at SMS the night before the window closed and he, and Skacel, went off the books on loan the next day. He put in a monumental effort for once, on more than one occasion folks dotted about independently piped up with a re occurring comment along the lines of “drug testers will be waiting for him in the tunnel tonight!!”

I was head butted by a horse in full riot gear at Old Trafford in the late 80s.

I once got headbutted by a giraffe and was knocked clean off my feet whilst trying to feed it bread at Windsor Safari Park as a kid. Animals must have a vendetta against Saints fans, irrespective of whether they're in colours or not.

Stupidest injury to myself at a game was when I misjudged a step in the Kingsland whilst ascending, catching it with my toe and tripping myself up. I dropped my freshly purchased hotdog which fell out of the bag and I was so embarrassed, I picked myself up, left the hotdog on the step and kept on walking like nothing had happened. I sustained a scraped knee, a bruised ego and remained peckish. I hope nobody tripped over the hotdog to exacerbate things.

Another time, I also got hit in the head by one of those red clapper things that someone had made into a paper plane and chucked from further up in the stand. It hurt more than I let on.

My worst injury was QPR away when Mane scored in the last minute. Was right at the back of the stand and fell down the stairs ended up landing on my front across the seats about 7 rows down.

Massively bruised my ribs, could barely breathe the next day. Best part about it was ripping the crotch out of my jeans down to the knee. Spent the evening drunkenly wandering around London with my pants hanging out. Missed the Southern train back home by a minute so bought a load more beer for the hour wait. Ended up sat outside Victoria station drinking with some homeless people who at that point probably looked a lot smarter than me.

Finally got on the train where I was unfortunate enough to be sat at a table with a family of Pompey fans who took pity at the state I was in, adopted me as their "pet scummer" and made sure I got home ok.

Highly unfunny, but the worst I've seen was the guy who somehow didn't die at the San Siro, heart attack and bleeding from the head, about a quarter of the crowd must have had to squeeze past him and an absolute miracle and thanks to the medic he was somehow ok.

Other than that, I may have bruised my shins a few times on seats and nearly passed out with the head rush celebrating goals on about 5 occasions.

Worst injuries on the pitch were Mark Wright breaking his leg in the 86 semi final at White Hart Lane - I swear I heard the crack from my spot on the half way line, funnily enough when Mark Wright was sent off late on when he headbutted Paul Elliott at Luton jumping for a header and Elliott was stretchered off unconscious and at the Dell, Tony Coton playing for Sunderland breaking his leg hideously in the first minute right in front of us in the Archers.

As mentioned earlier, off pitch injuries were the female steward who was facing the Saints fans got hit on the head by a Matt Le Tiss shot in the warm up which knocked her glasses off and left her quite shaken up. Matty did come over and apologise before looking sheepishly at the fans grinning with his hand to his mouth in a "whoops" gesture.

Also at Barnsley when again Matty hit a shot that went over the bar and everyone ducked as the ball flew over their heads and whacked this poor bloke with glasses flush in the face. It was a wet day and the "muddy Mitre ball print" left on his face was a clear indication of how hard it hit him!

Also remember getting in the ground a few years ago at Villa Park where this family were sitting four rows in front of me in the front row. This young kid was being fed all sorts, chocolate, sweets, hot dogs and a bottle of fanta before the game and I said to my missus, "that kid is going to be ill later the amount of food he is shoving in". Just into the second half, suddenly there was this scattering of people around and in front of us and there was just a huge pile of sick all over the ground with a very pale looking child sitting there. Some poor steward had to come over and clear it up but he did get a gentle round of applause for his efforts!!

My worst injury was QPR away when Mane scored in the last minute. Was right at the back of the stand and fell down the stairs ended up landing on my front across the seats about 7 rows down.

Massively bruised my ribs, could barely breathe the next day. Best part about it was ripping the crotch out of my jeans down to the knee. Spent the evening drunkenly wandering around London with my pants hanging out. Missed the Southern train back home by a minute so bought a load more beer for the hour wait. Ended up sat outside Victoria station drinking with some homeless people who at that point probably looked a lot smarter than me.

Finally got on the train where I was unfortunate enough to be sat at a table with a family of Pompey fans who took pity at the state I was in, adopted me as their "pet scummer" and made sure I got home ok.

This is brilliant!!!!:D