exclusive offer for Season Ticket holders

angelman

we are giving you the opportunity to bring up to two friends for a discounted £15 each when we play Brighton under the lights on Monday 17th September.

As a thank you, if you bring a friend you will receive a £6.50 food and beverage voucher!

Find out how to claim below - the offer expires on Monday 10th September at 23:59.

#WeMarchOn

Well that's great, but where do my 2 friends sit, given that there are no spare seats around me? And why should my friends get a discount, when my ST costs an average of £39 a game. It's not like you can turn around to your mate and say, right, my ticket is £39, yours is £15 and you have to sit in the wings and pay me £27 as that is half £39+£15. As it is, I am bringing a friend as my son can't use the 2nd season ticket.

Not one of the greatest ST Exclusive offers I've ever seen. It's of little benefit to a ST holder really, as a £6.50 food and beverage voucher doesn't get you very far.

Just tried to take advantage of this deal. It says that the code has been successfully applied, but the basket still shows full price. I will need to input my card details and press 'confirm' while the price is still showing £38. Maybe the discount will then be applied - but maybe it won't. I'm not taking the risk, so will happily stick with watching the game on the telly. Great offer Saints. Cheers.

you are fckin kidding.......bloody hell :mcinnes:

39% off corporate !!

https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/gl-southampton-football-club-1

Well that makes my ST look a bit ****ing over priced now doesn't it?

I agree about trying to fill the ground, but you don't **** over your loyal customers to tempt in part timers. AS for getting a "free burger" I am afraid that I really do not like the food at the ground and would prefer to eat what I feed my dog. The bloke in front poisons his lad with a Pukka Pie every game and the smell of them is disgusting.

Edited by angelman

You can't beat the club up over discounted away tickets at St Mary's, that's the choice of Virgin, but you can take a swipe at them for not rewarding loyal ST holders with the opportunity of an Early Bird renewal or even a better price than first time buyers. I applaud them for initiatives to encourage fans back but they need to up their game with longstanding supporters.

Just tried to take advantage of this deal. It says that the code has been successfully applied, but the basket still shows full price. I will need to input my card details and press 'confirm' while the price is still showing £38. Maybe the discount will then be applied - but maybe it won't. I'm not taking the risk, so will happily stick with watching the game on the telly. Great offer Saints. Cheers.

Had the same problem. I've managed to persuade two of my mates to come, will give them a call today and let you know.

Same for me. Tried to get a ticket for my son but the discount didn't come off. Anyone else had any luck?

Fair play for trying to use some initiative but I've often thought our ticket office is run by complete amateurs and this is a textbook case, the discount code not even working :mcinnes:

And the Burnley game was ridiculous giving away block 43 to oriental students doing language courses at the uni over the summer, I think saints must be under pressure from sky not to have thousands of empty seats to keep it looking like a premium product, should have just reduced season ticket prices , particularly behind the goals.

At least for the Brighton game they've sold out the away end which will boost the numbers and atmosphere.

I'm not normally one to criticise the club, but that's a bit tinpot

A bit?!

They're in the entertainment business, the whole point of their existence is to sell tickets to people with some degree of professionalism. The Ticket Office are a farce at times.

Do you think anyone at the club is clever enough to have a basic grasp of supply and demand when it comes to product pricing?

Clearly this all smacks of desperation so maybe time to make tickets cheaper if you want a full stadium each match, which is clearly needed as it helps players, sponsor perception, tv broadcast deals, good thing to do when people are hard pressed for spare cash to attend etc.

Code still not working. What an absolute joke. As an ex-season ticket holder, I suspect that I'm exactly who this offer is aimed at - entice me back at a bargain price to remind me of what I'm missing. However, this farce has just left me feeling more disengaged than ever. I find it funny more than anything to be honest.

Do you think anyone at the club is clever enough to have a basic grasp of supply and demand when it comes to product pricing?

Yes I do. Hence why we are seeing different ticket packages available through different channels at different prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I do. Hence why we are seeing different ticket packages available through different channels at different prices.

All of which have the potential to alienate the core season ticket base.

I really deliberated about renewing my season ticket this year, but if the club continues to promote vastly cheaper tickets for games, it will make my mind up very quickly about what I will do next year.

If the product (shudder at using that word) has become so unpopular that the club recognises they can only sell £15 tickets, then they should make my season ticket £300 not £570. Perhaps then we would have 25k season ticket holders and selling tickets for home games becomes a far easier proposition.

I missed about a third of the games last year due to tv schedules versus work commitments. Lose my season ticket and the club will replace it with a guy who buys half a dozen tickets per season, for games that suit my schedule. Whilst some season ticket holders will be die hard committed fans, there are others who go to games regularly, almost out of habit, not passionate support. Break that habit and the once valued customer disappears forever, only to be seen at the occasional cup final, assuming they can get a ticket........

Can’t blame them for wanting to fill the ground, but to offer ST holders in this way smacks of little thought. The whole idea should be to attract sustainable repeat sales, but if your friends can only sit on their own in another part of the stadium rather than next to you, it will detract from the experience considerably. If the club made seat re-assignment easier...

I read about this offer on here. I do not seem to be getting e-mails from the club,so I phoned the ticket office to explain the explain the situation.

I asked if I could have the code so that I could buy an extra ticket but I was told they were unique to each supporter. This was fine so I asked for my code but I was told that the marketing dept. would e-mail it to me!

I reminded them that I was not getting e-mails but I was told again that they would e-mail it to me.

Does not show great intelligence!! But in fairness someone used their brain and posted it to me .

I tried to buy an extra ticket but could not get it to take the code so I phoned the ticket office again.

It was then that I was told that the offer did not apply to premium seats(Kingsland centre).

So for the Brighton game the seat will be empty next to me. This was my sons old seat when he had a season ticket.

I cannot believe how difficult the club make it to give them money. The marketing at the club does seemed designed to alienate season ticket holders.

Rant over.

I not normally a moaner but this has p--ssed me off.

I read about this offer on here. I do not seem to be getting e-mails from the club,so I phoned the ticket office to explain the explain the situation.

I asked if I could have the code so that I could buy an extra ticket but I was told they were unique to each supporter. This was fine so I asked for my code but I was told that the marketing dept. would e-mail it to me!

I reminded them that I was not getting e-mails but I was told again that they would e-mail it to me.

Does not show great intelligence!! But in fairness someone used their brain and posted it to me .

I tried to buy an extra ticket but could not get it to take the code so I phoned the ticket office again.

It was then that I was told that the offer did not apply to premium seats(Kingsland centre).

So for the Brighton game the seat will be empty next to me. This was my sons old seat when he had a season ticket.

I cannot believe how difficult the club make it to give them money. The marketing at the club does seemed designed to alienate season ticket holders.

Rant over.

I not normally a moaner but this has p--ssed me off.

Well the point over not being applicable to Kinglsand centre is rubbish...I sit in this area and was offered via email.

All of which have the potential to alienate the core season ticket base.

I really deliberated about renewing my season ticket this year, but if the club continues to promote vastly cheaper tickets for games, it will make my mind up very quickly about what I will do next year.

If the product (shudder at using that word) has become so unpopular that the club recognises they can only sell £15 tickets, then they should make my season ticket £300 not £570. Perhaps then we would have 25k season ticket holders and selling tickets for home games becomes a far easier proposition.

I missed about a third of the games last year due to tv schedules versus work commitments. Lose my season ticket and the club will replace it with a guy who buys half a dozen tickets per season, for games that suit my schedule. Whilst some season ticket holders will be die hard committed fans, there are others who go to games regularly, almost out of habit, not passionate support. Break that habit and the once valued customer disappears forever, only to be seen at the occasional cup final, assuming they can get a ticket........

If you’re buying a season ticket but only attending two thirds of the games, you’re throwing money down the drain. Why would you even do that? The st used to work out as one game free so as soon as you’ve missed one game, you’ve negated the cost incentive of buying a season ticket anyway.

If you’re buying a season ticket but only attending two thirds of the games, you’re throwing money down the drain. Why would you even do that?

It was never a money saving thing for me because I always missed a few games through work. It's more the convenience, being guaranteed a decent seat and being sat with the same bunch of mates.

Not everyone is a penny pinching tight arse.

It was never a money saving thing for me because I always missed a few games through work. It's more the convenience, being guaranteed a decent seat and being sat with the same bunch of mates.

Not everyone is a penny pinching tight arse.

Not a money saving thing and not a penny pinching tight arse, but whinging about the cost of your season ticket compared to special offer match tickets. Yeh, ok then.

Not received my beer voucher yet either, though considering it took about 5 days for the ticket office to get the codes working I'm not surprised

Mine turned up in the post yesterday.

We all know what's going to happen now is that they will run out of food before half time and loads of people will be complaining.