Upskirting

sadoldgit

Should it be made illegal? Of course. It is clearly a form of voyeurism and has no place in a civilised society. Should it be deemed a "hate crime?" Absolutely not. A sex crime it may be, but where does "hate" and "misogyny" come into it? Men have been trying to ogle women's bodies since time began and it has nothing to do with hate - quite the opposite in fact. How on earth can they try and dress it up as "hate crime?" Truly bizarre.

Blimey soggy has said something sensible that I agree with for once! I doubt this will happen again any time soon. The main issue emenates from things like the "women and equalities commission." are women not already covered under the equalities bit? Why are women stated explicitly in that title? Are there not specific inequalities faced by men that do not apply to women and if so why not call it the men's women's and equalities commission? It's because the radical feminists who lobby for this sort of thing have no interest in real equality of opportunity, they just want privileges. It's also why it's perfectly acceptable to call for the death of "white people" on twitter without any sort of censure and yet you're immediately banned if you use any other ethnic group. Your legitimate grievances or issues do not matter or matter much less if you happen to not be from one of the protected classes. Its just one of many reasons why identity politics is so cancerous.

Blimey soggy has said something sensible that I agree with for once! I doubt this will happen again any time soon. The main issue emenates from things like the "women and equalities commission." are women not already covered under the equalities bit? Why are women stated explicitly in that title? Are there not specific inequalities faced by men that do not apply to women and if so why not call it the men's women's and equalities commission? It's because the radical feminists who lobby for this sort of thing have no interest in real equality of opportunity, they just want privileges. It's also why it's perfectly acceptable to call for the death of "white people" on twitter without any sort of censure and yet you're immediately banned if you use any other ethnic group. Your legitimate grievances or issues do not matter or matter much less if you happen to not be from one of the protected classes. Its just one of many reasons why identity politics is so cancerous.

It’s very simple - there are groups that have been systematically disadvantaged at the expense of others. That’s a historical fact - anyone in denial is either dim or massively disingenuous. Whether efforts to remedy that discrimination are proportionate and effective is a valid question; but their rationale is pretty clear.

I also suggest you read up on equality of opportunity - a concept which is perfectly consistent with group-based policies if they ensure that everyone is competing on a level playing field.

It’s very simple - there are groups that have been systematically disadvantaged at the expense of others. That’s a historical fact - anyone in denial is either dim or massively disingenuous. Whether efforts to remedy that discrimination are proportionate and effective is a valid question; but their rationale is pretty clear.

I also suggest you read up on equality of opportunity - a concept which is perfectly consistent with group-based policies if they ensure that everyone is competing on a level playing field.

I don't agree with identity politics because the rationale behind it is that people from the same sex or ethnic group as us all think and act the same way which is clearly nonsense. In the main identity politics is divisive and seeks to divide people rather than bringing them together which is what I oppose. Women and minorities have faced historic oppression but the type of women involved in the women's and equalities commission like Jess Phillips have no interest in actual equality, they are mostly man hating sjws who laugh at the idea of tackling men's issues such as the high suicide rate, parental rights or prison sentences but do what to make misogyny a hate crime and see men prosecuted for wolf whistling.

Should it be made illegal? Of course. It is clearly a form of voyeurism and has no place in a civilised society. Should it be deemed a "hate crime?" Absolutely not. A sex crime it may be, but where does "hate" and "misogyny" come into it? Men have been trying to ogle women's bodies since time began and it has nothing to do with hate - quite the opposite in fact. How on earth can they try and dress it up as "hate crime?" Truly bizarre.

It's the opposite of hate... so it's true love then?

I dont get why people want to upskirt anyway? Frigging weird imo.

Come on, isn’t it pretty obvious. You’ll be saying you don’t know why blokes cop a look at birds tits next.

As for it being a hate crime, I’m with the silly old sod on this one. How on earth do you prove “hate” beyond reasonable doubt? It’s such a wholly leftie concept anyway. I presume it’s defined as you only committed the crime because you hated the person for what they are, rather than who they are. I get it with ethnicity, or race. You beat the bloke up because he was French, you kicked the bloke in the nuts because he was black, but when it’s a sexual thing and covers half the population how do you prove it. You coped a look at a bird because you hate birds. WTF. I guess lefties will say that rapists & sexual deviants hate women, but I bet the % of sex offenders that subconsciously hate birds is incredibly low, and up skirters will be the same. They’re just pervs who like chicks but can’t pull them.

Great place to get a progressive debate on upskirting given such the wide demographic of posters that almost all points of view are represented.

Not sure it is prolific but clearly a horrible violation. Personally don’t see what you get from a shaded pics of pants you could barely make out. And a sex crime not a hate crime.

Come on, isn’t it pretty obvious. You’ll be saying you don’t know why blokes cop a look at birds tits next.

As for it being a hate crime, I’m with the silly old sod on this one. How on earth do you prove “hate” beyond reasonable doubt? It’s such a wholly leftie concept anyway. I presume it’s defined as you only committed the crime because you hated the person for what they are, rather than who they are. I get it with ethnicity, or race. You beat the bloke up because he was French, you kicked the bloke in the nuts because he was black, but when it’s a sexual thing and covers half the population how do you prove it. You coped a look at a bird because you hate birds. WTF. I guess lefties will say that rapists & sexual deviants hate women, but I bet the % of sex offenders that subconsciously hate birds is incredibly low, and up skirters will be the same. They’re just pervs who like chicks but can’t pull them.

It may be obvious to you, but I like a womans form and looks and smile

Great place to get a progressive debate on upskirting given such the wide demographic of posters that almost all points of view are represented.

Not sure it is prolific but clearly a horrible violation. Personally don’t see what you get from a shaded pics of pants you could barely make out. And a sex crime not a hate crime.

You might get a bit of camel toe tbf

Put as only you could put it Duckster. But yes, you would imagine that these pictures are taken and viewed mostly for sexual gratification. I could see that if someone posted sexually explicit pictures of someone on social media out of spite, that could be seen as a form of "hate" but as much as it is demeaning to women (unless they are happily complicit in the taking of the pictures of course) surely it can only be classed as a sex crime rather than a hate crime? The term "hate crime" is also becoming a catchall for all manner of things that don't really include actual "hate" and comes across as very Orwellian.

Put as only you could put it Duckster. But yes, you would imagine that these pictures are taken and viewed mostly for sexual gratification. I could see that if someone posted sexually explicit pictures of someone on social media out of spite, that could be seen as a form of "hate" but as much as it is demeaning to women (unless they are happily complicit in the taking of the pictures of course) surely it can only be classed as a sex crime rather than a hate crime? The term "hate crime" is also becoming a catchall for all manner of things that don't really include actual "hate" and comes across as very Orwellian.
Like mocking Islam for example.