Saints v Brighton - Build up

Professor

BBC seems to be saying Ings has recovered with Austin and Long as doubts.

Stats are not looking good, we don't win back to back games, we barely win at home, we have never won on Mondays, they are terrible away from home and Murray likes to score against us.

Well that can f*ck right off.

Jesus christ we've become the cliche for a modern football, americanised club since reaching the premier league haven't we? Clappers, that dog with the drum and now this.

Part of me is genuinely disappointed we didn't get relegated to get some soul back.

Presumably it's all part of being on MNF?

a Sky give us loads of money on condition we put on a firework show 2 or 3 times a year?

b Sky gives us loads of money on the condition we spend a minuscule part of it on a fireworks show 2 or 3 times a season?

All part and parcel of the modern world but ultimately you do have a choice, I'm sure Eastleigh would be very glad of your money.

I've been to one game in the last two seasons and don't really miss it at all.

Presumably it's all part of being on MNF?

a Sky give us loads of money on condition we put on a firework show 2 or 3 times a year?

b Sky gives us loads of money on the condition we spend a minuscule part of it on a fireworks show 2 or 3 times a season?

All part and parcel of the modern world but ultimately you do have a choice, I'm sure Eastleigh would be very glad of your money.

I've been to one game in the last two seasons and don't really miss it at all.

Might be a choice for you but it's not for me, i was born/grew up within a mile of the Dell and less than that of St Mary's, there is no other team than Saints for me. If (and i can see this happening at some point) i give up on the whole corrupt, sanitised, ruined shell of a game, then i give up completely, as football for me is an extension of the pride in my city, history, family and place of birth, and none of that is true of Eastleigh (or sholing for that matter).

Might be a choice for you but it's not for me, i was born/grew up within a mile of the Dell and less than that of St Mary's, there is no other team than Saints for me. If (and i can see this happening at some point) i give up on the whole corrupt, sanitised, ruined shell of a game, then i give up completely, as football for me is an extension of the pride in my city, history, family and place of birth, and none of that is true of Eastleigh (or sholing for that matter).

its only a few fireworks ffs - the first season of MNF they did it, i distinctly remember fireworks at the Dell against Man Utd I believe. Its nothing earth shatteringly new !

We won twice on Mondays in the 2002/03 season both 1-0 and both away

Was that the season we beat WHam 1-0 at Upton Park after our coach was so delayed by traffic that we barely made the kick-off? I haven't checked but I remember Beattie scored late after a brilliant cross from Brett O

But perhaps we've never won at home on a Monday night

Was that the season we beat WHam 1-0 at Upton Park after our coach was so delayed by traffic that we barely made the kick-off? I haven't checked but I remember Beattie scored late after a brilliant cross from Brett O

But perhaps we've never won at home on a Monday night

Yeah, and I think the team trained at Rod Stewart's house!! Beattie did score that night and I think Rory Delap dislocated his finger in the celebration, unfortunately he didn't miss a game!!!

Really the kind of games we should be winning. Brighton are a good side, very organised but just think we should be targeting home games like this as good ways of getting wins, in the same way they would be in vise-versa.

Two wins on the trot would be so refreshing, it’s criminal it’s been about 18 months when we last did so. Also it’s my birthday today and I’d quite like to win this to make it even sweeter.

Unchanged. Solid looking lineup.

Shame as we planned for a 5-3-2 this season that we have zero wide players aside from Redmond and Elyounoussi so hopefully they go through the season without injury.

Looks a more vibrant team than last year!

BBC seems to be saying Ings has recovered with Austin and Long as doubts.

Stats are not looking good, we don't win back to back games, we barely win at home, we have never won on Mondays, they are terrible away from home and Murray likes to score against us.

Didn't the Boomtown Rats write a song about that?