Who plays alongside Ings vs Brighton?

Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

Given K,billy has said Long won't be fit for Brighton and the debate on another thread about whether Gabbi will ever cut the mustard, here's a simple opportunity to say who you'd like up top with Danny Ings on Monday evening. Simple one word answers will suffice (in the absence of me knowing how to make a poll); reasons why you've picked who you've picked are ok, too. Options: Austin; Gabbiaidini; Gallagher; Armstrong (as a deeper no. 10).

Austin for me, as he has a knack for scoring against Brighton and must know Ings' game from their Burnley days. Over to you...

Gabbi. He's nothing amazing but the next best striker we have after Ings. Give the pair of them a run of games together, with some decent service and see where that leads us. Austin is slow, unfit and we've had some very poor performances with him on the pitch, due to his lack of movement and putting no pressure on defences.

88e887796a1b269f917f3be38bb540c8.png

I like this but there’s not enough mobility in central midfield. Would play Hojberg instead of Armstrong to start. Then bring on either Armstrong or Romeu for Lemina or Hojberg depending on how the game is running. Agree with the two up top...Austin does not deserve a start, however I expect him to as they’ll not want to dent his confidence after a couple of poor games.

If Austin starts, and that's a big if, then it will be a great shame not to see Gabbiadini upfront alongside Daniel Ings as he surely deserves his chance. His movement causes all sorts of problems whereas Austin's movement is non existent. However Austin totally deserves to start given his goal against Brighton so it will be a great shame to see Gabbi on the team sheet ahead of him. Play them both and drop Ings, or don't play either of them and start Ings, or play one of them and drop Ings, or play either of them alongside Ings, would be my preference.

I'd definitely start with Gallagher. He spent two season in the championship being a below average striker failing to score regularly so I think he has every chance of making the step up to do that in the premier league, he could slot seamlessly into the role the injured Shane Long plays for us.

Can Ings play against Liverpool as he is on loan?

I would have thought not unless a clause was written into the deal, as contrary to what most of us thought, the deal is a loan to buy - no option of opting out ... which is kind of saying he is ours isn't it?

Probably just wishful thinking on my part though.