Liverpool vs Saints - Build Up

Yorkshire Saint

so glad we went into the season expecting to play 3 at the back and get rid of a couple of wide players....to ditch that after the first hour

433.......Targett in for Mo, Rom in for Ings

we are going into every game with Long as our focal point

fuk my life

so glad we went into the season expecting to play 3 at the back and get rid of a couple of wide players....to ditch that after the first hour

433.......Targett in for Mo, Rom in for Ings

we are going into every game with Long as our focal point

fuk my life

what the **** are you going on about. Idiot.

-------------------McCarthy-----------------

----Vestergaard-Yoshi-Bertrand----

Cedric - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Targett

-------------------Romeu------------------------

-------------PEH-----------Lemina----------

-----------------Redmond--------------------

--------------------Long-----------------------

Subs: Gunn, Stephens, Hoedt, Armstrong, Elyounoussi, Gallagher, Gabbiadini

Just call me Leslie. Apart from Yoshida being left out for reasons of ethnicity [?].

Note: I have no evidence for the above assertion. It's probably not true.

Edited by benjii

Thats such a ridiculously defensive lineup.

Crazy that our squad only has two wingers.

Clearly hoping to grab a 0-0 as nothing going forward on the bench due to Ings, Moi and Gabbi missing out.

I’m not sure it’s that devensive. Our problem has been the midfield where we have been outnumbered. There is no point in more forwards if we can’t keep hold of the ball.

Hughes has been putting more forwards on in games we are behind in and it ‘clearly’ hadn’t worked.

Under the circumstances in my view this isn’t a bad team except for Hoedt.

Personally I would have had Ings playing just off Ings but Hughes would never take that kind of risk.

Hughes denying the class moment of Ings scoring and nit celebrating and the classy most knowledgeable scousers generously applauding such a classy la. All for the sake of the rules. Truly pathetic.

Haha you've got to laugh.

Great that all our defenders are getting a run out and conversely our attackers get a nice rest.

The best we can hope for is that we bore the knackers off all the tourists up at Anfield, After their rousing national anthem the place is going to be quieter than Katie Hopkins good karma collector if they don't score in the first 15 minutes.

Long on his own makes sense. Klopp plays a high pressing defensive line and whatever you think of Long, there's no one better at chasing and putting defences under pressure.

It only makes sense because we’ve got literally nobody else to play. This will be one of the easiest games of the season for Liverpool’s defence.

It only makes sense because we’ve got literally nobody else to play. This will be one of the easiest games of the season for Liverpool’s defence.

Other than the fact that he scored there in 2017 and defenders are always saying they hate playing against him.

Say what you like about his current goal scoring record, it's dreadful, and that's just down to a lack of confidence. But he harries and presses defenders and causes them problems, that side of his game is still very strong.

The complete lack of goal threat in that team is staggering.

Think last season when we went to Man City it was the same - although we did manage to score that day.

Ignoring the lack of ability in front of goal, I don't think that team will know how to keep possession either, or break with any understanding. It's going to be a long afternoon.

The complete lack of goal threat in that team is staggering.

Think last season when we went to Man City it was the same - although we did manage to score that day.

Ignoring the lack of ability in front of goal, I don't think that team will know how to keep possession either, or break with any understanding. It's going to be a long afternoon.

Liverpool could threaten that possession record you would think. 81% or somewhere near that.

To think we finished ahead of them only 3 seasons ago! One side has improved massively and the other imploded.

Other than the fact that he scored there in 2017 and defenders are always saying they hate playing against him.

Say what you like about his current goal scoring record, it's dreadful, and that's just down to a lack of confidence. But he harries and presses defenders and causes them problems, that side of his game is still very strong.

I hate cleaning the oven, doesn't mean it's a difficult job. He will not be causing Van Dijk and company many problems this afternoon. Yes, he will probably win a few throw ins chasing defenders around but actual goals? No.

I'm not sure how 'current' his scoring record is either. He has never been anything other than a 5-6 goals a season player at this level. He had one decent season under Koeman when he got 10. It's not confidence, he's a poor Premier League footballer and always has been.