Saints 2-2 Brighton - Reaction

Lighthouse

Again, how many more times are we going to sit back and invite pressure knowing we can't cope with it.

It's fine dominating games for 70 minutes but we have no ******** whatsoever to be able to hold on - relegation form.

What Long does to get in the team I'll never know, misses a sitter and gives the goal away, JWP the same. Just when we thought we had some progress.

Going to be a very, very long season.

Good - Ings, Hoj, Vest, Redmond, Bertrand, Ely....

Negatives:

Subs bench is weak, shockingly so. We literally have nothing other than Gabbi who we don't know how to use.

Cedric is looking worse by the game. Just not up to it on current form.

Sloppy for the penalty.

Two shocking goals to give away.

So there was a stat in the match which said we've lost 11 points from winning positions since Hughes took over? 13 now?

At least there is the derby too forward to next season I guess :|

P.S. it doesn't matter how far he runs, Long is a catastrophe.

Our ****ing useless defence

How deep did they want to drop??? They basically invited them to equalise.

We have to learn how to see games out, we did the same thing against Palace and it was only their ineptitude up front that got us out of jail.

Midfield dreadful, far too open. Romeu should’ve been on the bench, we needed him in those final 20 mins.

Clear penalty for me, called it as soon as I saw it

JWP. Every season we're talking about whether he might just be finally good enough to pin down a regular place. Offers nothing other than half-decent form on a set-piece. Way out of his depth and has been for years. Has cost us 2 points tonight and I would not be upset if he never played for Saints again

Should have won this comfortably. Why have we not got any players with composure and common sense? For me it's not about managerial tactics, it's about players showing the composure to see a game through and make sensible decisions to see the game through when in a winning position.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Atrocious game management. Hughes takes off a striker rather than Hoj who was blowing out of his arse. Couldn’t tell his players to keep possession. Didn’t change things up in the middle. Didn’t react to their extra zip in second half. Pathetic. Find it really hard to watch this team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're the points that will get you relegated. Brighton are a **** poor side and still we failed to beat them at home after being two up.

For all the decent play in the first half, frankly that was a fu kin mess.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

2 nil up and looking comfortable. Brighton not really competing. But the half time talk was better for them than for us and we dropped off, let them play and invited pressure which ultimately led to them playing with confidence and giving them an easy goal to boost their play and their belief.

An absolute balls up by the team and the manager to allow them to come on to us and not have any ideas of how to deal with it.

A draw that feels like a defeat. Simply not good enough.

Very poor second half. We are gonna be in trouble in a few months. Not convinced by Hughes still and anything he is trying to do. Poor substitutions, poor game management, poor manager in charge of average squad. Highlight was Hojberg, the player we’ve been waiting for him to become is now here.

Should have pushed on for 3 or 4 yet concede a classic Saints unmarked header goal. Never a pen but we asked for it by be8 g such a jittery shambles at the back. Gutted

Can you honestly say and believe that it was ‘never a pen’.

One of the most stupid fouls in the box you will see, just shoved him to the ground in front of the ref, when he’d be looking to even things up.

First half I thought we were excellent. Especially Redmond and Hoj.

Second half we changed too much and because of that it was a dire 45 mins for us. The confidence and tactics went out the window. I have no idea what MH was doing with those subs/changes tbh.

McCarthy pulled off another amazing save.

JWP...… what a total **** football player he is. No football brain at all. Why the **** would you do that with a few mins to play. Just leave him alone, he was not in a position to shoot. This guy (was going to say kid but he isn't a kid, he is a dad now) is done. Give one of the youngsters a chance.

FFS again we prove we are incapable of handling a lead and managing a game in which we look comfortably the better team out to 3 points. Overall I still think we'll be just about ok BUT we haven't played anyone who is really good yet. Really worrying how we just crumble every ****ing time.