Conceding in Injury Time

Lighthouse

Is it a tactic of ours to sit back and defend extremely deep? We did it under Puel so maybe the limitations of our squad force managers' hands?

It is bloody painful to watch us retreat into our own box and invite pressure from and concede space to our opponents.

We almost conceded a couple of occasions prior to the penalty, but no tactical change or leadership on the pitch to push out and press eventually cost us!

A draw a fair result tonight I feel. What an awful game of football at times! Laughable, it was like pinball!

Let’s remember our last three league wins.

Bournemouth - Injury time save for a shot dipping into the corner.

Swansea - Miracle save by McCarthy almost in injury time Ashe just turned it over.

Palace - Just before Hojberg scores he saved point blank to save us.

Our team really does panic and if it was not for McCarthy we would be winless in the last 16 odd games.

Thats pretty crap!!

4 of our last 8 games now. What is wrong with these players mentally, we just retreat into our own box and freeze, every time?

It isn’t just injury time. They are mentally weak and just invite poor teams to go up a gear. Fcking pathetic and I’m livid

It isn’t just injury time. They are mentally weak and just invite poor teams to go up a gear. Fcking pathetic and I’m livid

True but when it's so close to the end, it's extra sickening. We just get worse and worse as the game goes on until it gets to the point, as against Everton and Man City, where we can't even stick it in the car park with 10 seconds left to get a result.

If the Brighton keeper, Ryan, hadn’t pulled of a remarkable save in injury time, we’d have won 3-2. How goes that fit in with the theory?

Are you referring to the one from Bertrand's free kick? I thought he made a massive meal of it and made it look far more dramatic than it actually was. The shot was nowhere near the corner and it was a bread and butter save for any competent keeper (although Forster would probably have let it in).

Are you referring to the one from Bertrand's free kick? I thought he made a massive meal of it and made it look far more dramatic than it actually was. The shot was nowhere near the corner and it was a bread and butter save for any competent keeper (although Forster would probably have let it in).

Looked a pretty routine save to me. On the other hand, McCarthy made a much better save just before the pen was awarded.

Is it a tactic of ours to sit back and defend extremely deep? We did it under Puel so maybe the limitations of our squad force managers' hands?

It is bloody painful to watch us retreat into our own box and invite pressure from and concede space to our opponents.

We almost conceded a couple of occasions prior to the penalty, but no tactical change or leadership on the pitch to push out and press eventually cost us!

A draw a fair result tonight I feel. What an awful game of football at times! Laughable, it was like pinball!

It's a tactic of ours to be nice to the opposition. That's why we're popular amongst other teams.