Gasworks Urban Sports Cafe

ladysaint

Anyone else go the new Gasworks Urban Sports Café last night. Nice décor etc., if it was in West Quay but it’s at a football club so why not anything to associate it with the club or history of the club, not one picture or anything. Well over-priced for drinks and food but guess some fans will pay it but not me, think the club again not catering for the ordinary fan.

Anyone else go the new Gasworks Urban Sports Café last night. Nice décor etc., if it was in West Quay but it’s at a football club so why not anything to associate it with the club or history of the club, not one picture or anything. Well over-priced for drinks and food but guess some fans will pay it but not me, think the club again not catering for the ordinary fan.

The old Dell bar ? Queued up for ages with the kids to be told when we got to the front of the queue "It's not really suitable for kids" our lads used to really like going in there pre match , so much for being a family club these days !

I can't believe how bad it is no doubt it needed an update but they have got it completely wrong we have been using the Dell Bar for years but we won't be back. It is now a soulless bistro not a place where fans can have a drink and bite to eat over priced lack of choice and nothing to do with our football club.

Where is this, might have a look, especially if its not full of fans stuck in the past

Agree with this! So it may not be for you, no need however to have a go at the club ! There is a market for everybody and everything !!

I’ve not been but after reading this negative feedback from the few, I now intend to !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The old Dell bar ? Queued up for ages with the kids to be told when we got to the front of the queue "It's not really suitable for kids" our lads used to really like going in there pre match , so much for being a family club these days !

How the hell can a sports cafe not be suitable for kids? Our club really is run by a bunch of tossers nowadays.

How the hell can a sports cafe not be suitable for kids? Our club really is run by a bunch of tossers nowadays.

Apparently it's just a restaurant now , Nothing in there for the kids anymore they've ditched the Xboxes and arcade games and lowered the capacity to 88 people due to it being full of dining tables even the guy on the gate said the prices were ridiculous!

Apparently it's just a restaurant now , Nothing in there for the kids anymore they've ditched the Xboxes and arcade games and lowered the capacity to 88 people due to it being full of dining tables even the guy on the gate said the prices were ridiculous!

Gao's purchase of the club is not going to come from his pocket ffs

They are useless. That bar last season was probably the only improvement that had been worthwhile since St Mary’s built.

Clearly popular.

Anyway wtf - a restaurant now. Who on earth is going to want to go there? Fromagerie next.

fireworks, paper clackers, light show....

I went last night, dont think I will bother again. Rather they cut the crap and cut the ticket/beer prices

fireworks, paper clackers, light show....

I went last night, dont think I will bother again. Rather they cut the crap and cut the ticket/beer prices

Tbf some lads at work today said their kids loved the fireworks. Not for a cynical bast ard like me but I turn up with minutes to go and just want basics. Like a decent team

Tbf some lads at work today said their kids loved the fireworks. Not for a cynical bast ard like me but I turn up with minutes to go and just want basics. Like a decent team

Tbh I didnt mind the light show as a one off but those bloody clackers, How much must the club have spent on those these last 3 games , Will they be there every home game this season? Would rather not have them and have the club spend their money in more needing places (or discount the season tickets)

Tbh I didnt mind the light show as a one off but those bloody clackers, How much must the club have spent on those these last 3 games , Will they be there every home game this season? Would rather not have them and have the club spend their money in more needing places (or discount the season tickets)

Yes - as a one off. But that one off should be an important game not vs bloody Brighton :lol:

I'm staggered that the club have got this so badly wrong. Did anyone actually ask any fans if they wanted this? There was nothing wrong with the old Dell Bar, just leave it as it is ffs!!!

Think about this for a minute, THe Dell Bar, it has some connection with Saints as fans can recall, or The Gasworks Bar/Cafe ...

From the OS:

The name of the restaurant is inspired by the former gasworks site upon which St Mary’s was built, with a major refurbishment project having taken place to upgrade the Virgin Media Fan Hub over the summer.

Even allowing for the site St Mary's is built upon it's difficult to relate to the naming of this. In truth they could probably call it what they wanted if it offered what the supporters wanted (within reason - not The Fred Dineage Suite for example], but it fails on both accounts.

Have to wonder what sort of cretin in the corporate or marketing dept or whatever has come up with this.

I thought it was fantastic. It’s great that the club are moving to the future with a nod to the past. Anyone who knows their history will know that st marys was built on an old gas works site and many of our supports will have ansestors who work on this site so to be able to reminisce about days and family from another era whilst enjoying the fine and extensive range of food stuffs availabable in comfortable surroundings is wonderful.

My partner and I arrived there two hours before the game and was pleased to see prices reasonable enough to provide value for money but high enough to keep out the riff raff. Very few bloated, shirt wearing fans talking inane drivel, I was happy to see the clientele was more like a mid market wine bar with hopefully the lower end of our fan base will remain in city centre public houses glugging on pints of carlsberg.

After enjoy a finally grilled burger and three Hendricks and tonics we took our seats in the itchen stand to take in the excellent prematch display of lights and pyros. The game itself was highly entertaining and on at least 4 occasions I was compelled to applaud the efforts of the Southampton and Brighton players.

It’s wonderful the club are doing so much to improve the match day experience for the customer base and more evidence Of the incredible job Mr Kruger is and his team are doing. Mr Gao will be delighted with his investment. I for one will be returning very soon.

I thought it was fantastic. It’s great that the club are moving to the future with a nod to the past. Anyone who knows their history will know that st marys was built on an old gas works site and many of our supports will have ansestors who work on this site so to be able to reminisce about days and family from another era whilst enjoying the fine and extensive range of food stuffs availabable in comfortable surroundings is wonderful.

My partner and I arrived there two hours before the game and was pleased to see prices reasonable enough to provide value for money but high enough to keep out the riff raff. Very few bloated, shirt wearing fans talking inane drivel, I was happy to see the clientele was more like a mid market wine bar with hopefully the lower end of our fan base will remain in city centre public houses glugging on pints of carlsberg.

After enjoy a finally grilled burger and three Hendricks and tonics we took our seats in the itchen stand to take in the excellent prematch display of lights and pyros. The game itself was highly entertaining and on at least 4 occasions I was compelled to applaud the efforts of the Southampton and Brighton players.

It’s wonderful the club are doing so much to improve the match day experience for the customer base and more evidence Of the incredible job Mr Kruger is and his team are doing. Mr Gao will be delighted with his investment. I for one will be returning very soon.

How many blobs? 5?

You didn’t try the “Porcini ravioli, Jerusalem artichoke puree, Hampshire watercress & white wine sauce” pal?

You didn’t try the “Porcini ravioli, Jerusalem artichoke puree, Hampshire watercress & white wine sauce” pal?

Trust me my friend in my next sortie into Krugerland I’ll be lauding it up on the Porcini ravioli. Washed down with a crisp fiano my partner and I couldn’t think of a more appetising starter to proceed a main course of premier league soccerball. As we mulled over the current excellent state of our corporate governance We made sure that we said a world of Thanks to Mr Kruger for making our match day experience second to none.

Trust me my friend in my next sortie into Krugerland I’ll be lauding it up on the Porcini ravioli. Washed down with a crisp fiano my partner and I couldn’t think of a more appetising starter to proceed a main course of premier league soccerball. As we mulled over the current excellent state of our corporate governance We made sure that we said a world of Thanks to Mr Kruger for making our match day experience second to none.

Did you bash your hands together in applause at the wonderful content of the pitch-side advertisements.

COYR!!!

We Munch On!

I entirely understand that they are trying to turn it from one of those places where large groups go and hog tables because it’s “their spot” and share two drinks between six of them. I also see why they don’t want it to be full of screaming kids playing on PlayStations and getting in everybody’s away. It’s all about revenue.

The problem is our fan base just isn’t very contemporary, classy or metropolitan and so people will moan about paying the going rate for premium experiences because they just aren’t used to this sort of product. Our fans are typically the sort who eat off plates not boards.

AFCB have started using them, but requesting fans don’t take them home and leave them behind for the next game!

I entirely understand that they are trying to turn it from one of those places where large groups go and hog tables because it’s “their spot” and share two drinks between six of them. I also see why they don’t want it to be full of screaming kids playing on PlayStations and getting in everybody’s away. It’s all about revenue.

The problem is our fan base just isn’t very contemporary, classy or metropolitan and so people will moan about paying the going rate for premium experiences because they just aren’t used to this sort of product. Our fans are typically the sort who eat off plates not boards.

Yeah, plate-w@nkers!

This is what football is about. #WEMARCHON

• 1 month later...