Wolves v Saints - Build Up

Batman

Pretty much a must win. Think we will as well.

Thanks, I needed a laugh after today’s game. Wolves are pretty much everything we’re not. We will concede at least 2, and are very unlikely to score 2 ourselves. I’m no Einstein but that combination leads me to believe we’ll lose.

A draw is the very best I can see, we are polar opposite teams. Their confidence is sky high whilst we are bereft of any confidence or leadership whatsoever. Wanted to go to this but tickets sold out, at least there will be a good following, time for the away fans to do their stuff again.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

A draw is the very best I can see, we are polar opposite teams. Their confidence is sky high whilst we are bereft of any confidence or leadership whatsoever. Wanted to go to this but tickets sold out, at least there will be a good following, time for the away fans to do their stuff again.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

We sold out the 3000 allocation really quickly which is unusual for us in a game north of Birmingham, will be a good turn out but unfortunately the away end at Wolves is poor for getting a decent atmosphere, whole lower tier along the side stand where often fans at one end of the stand are singing something completely different to those at the other.

As for the game I think most likely a defeat, they play perfect way to capitalise on our weaknesses. 2-0.

Liverpool had bigger fish to fry and eased back at 3, Wolves don't. They have looked good in pretty much every game so far and will want to start scoring the goals their approach play deserves. They will have far too much for us, 4-0 min, 5 or 6 is possible.

Cardiff and 'udders are likely to go down so really only one place to play for, Newc and CP are poor, then it's us/Burn/WHam/Fulham as the worst of the rest. Win that mini league (how!) and we could be 12th., not out of Sept yet and most people now would take 17th if offered!

This is a much more important game than Liverpool as it is a game in which we have probably targeted to pick up points.

Players should know how important it is. Lose this one and we are in big trouble.

Agreed the target is the 40 point mark for us for sure, this game is one of thoese we need to get at least a point from to keep on track for that total

Liverpool had bigger fish to fry and eased back at 3, Wolves don't. They have looked good in pretty much every game so far and will want to start scoring the goals their approach play deserves. They will have far too much for us, 4-0 min, 5 or 6 is possible.

Cardiff and 'udders are likely to go down so really only one place to play for, Newc and CP are poor, then it's us/Burn/WHam/Fulham as the worst of the rest. Win that mini league (how!) and we could be 12th., not out of Sept yet and most people now would take 17th if offered!

You can incredibly ordinary and still end up in the top half, as Leicester are right now. Wolves haven't been anything amazing, just better organised than we are. We've played well enough in patches against Brighton, Leicester, Palace and Burnley, we just can't do it for 90 minutes and usually bottle it in injury time.

Seeing the 6-0 win posted above lead me to this:

Many things have changed but not it seems, some calamity defending (their second goal), questionable referee decisions, and above all our inability to hold on to a lead.

Also very interesting to see the indirect free kicks which in today's football seem so bizarre.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/running-the-rule-whatever-happened-to-indirect-free-kicks-in-the-box-for-obstruction-325037.html

Nailed on zero points at Wolves. We are not as bad as many think, but we sure as hell aren't as good as Wolves. Figure it will be a sort of 1-0 or 2-0 maybe 2-1 game. As I have said many times, we will plod along as we are now on about a point a game under Hughes. He is the past and we need to look for an upcoming manager with new ideas. I throw into the ring Mr. Darren Moore at West Brom.

Neves and Moutinho will have a field day of Hoj and Lemina don’t turn up.

Even if they turn up they'll just be 5 yards the wrong side of their opponents chasing back towards our box.

Can't see us getting better than a point and would be happy enough with that tbh. Wolves will end up top half along with Watford.

Spot on..........about time he gave Armstromg a proper run in the team and in a central role behind Ings

The reason Armstrong isn't playing is because Ings is playing in his position. I'm not sure why we'd want to move Ings from a position where he's been very successful?

Also very interesting to see the indirect free kicks which in today's football seem so bizarre.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/running-the-rule-whatever-happened-to-indirect-free-kicks-in-the-box-for-obstruction-325037.html

It seemed bizarre because the first was an non-interfering offside which wouldn't have been given since the 1980s and the second was the ref bottling a blatant penalty against the away team by implying that wiping out a player off the ball was somehow more acceptable because the ball wasn't in playing distance.

Even without the clarification from IFAB about 10 years ago that contact fouls (including obstruction where there is physical contact) are direct rather than indirect free-kicks, that foul was a penalty not an indirect free-kick, even in the 1970s - had the ref not completely bottled giving it.

We sold out the 3000 allocation really quickly which is unusual for us in a game north of Birmingham, will be a good turn out but unfortunately the away end at Wolves is poor for getting a decent atmosphere, whole lower tier along the side stand where often fans at one end of the stand are singing something completely different to those at the other.

As for the game I think most likely a defeat, they play perfect way to capitalise on our weaknesses. 2-0.

Errrr ‘North of Birmingham’ ????

The reason Armstrong isn't playing is because Ings is playing in his position. I'm not sure why we'd want to move Ings from a position where he's been very successful?

To remove Long. And Ings has been more successful when taking up more advanced positions than the kind of positions Armstrong will operate in.

Will be a long day, trains a nightmare if you're going through London (which I am!)

Should be a good day out, team seem to prefer playing away, if we can stick in a decent performance we have a chance of nicking a result, however if we don't they have the ability to roll us over pretty easily...not been there since the days of Ryan Smith where I seem to remember we were 3-0 down after half hour!

McCarthy

Cedric (no-one else)

Vestergaard

Yoshida

Bertrand

Hojbjerg

Lemina

Redmond

Armstrong

Elyounoussi

Ings

I've been watching 'All or Nothing' on Amazon Prime about Manchester City, and wondering if we do anything at all in preparation for our games as they do. Really is lightyears away and feels like we're getting further and further from the big six every season.

I've said this before, Long's most effective position is out on the wing. If we're playing Redmond and Elyounoussi on the wings, then someone else should play - Ings and Austin or Ings and Armstrong. If Mo is still injured then Long should come in.

Myth. Long’s most effective position is not on the wing. He was average there for koeman until he was moved more centrally.

I've said this before, Long's most effective position is out on the wing. If we're playing Redmond and Elyounoussi on the wings, then someone else should play - Ings and Austin or Ings and Armstrong. If Mo is still injured then Long should come in.

He's more effective with better players around him, i.e Pelle and Mane. When he becomes the main man, which he has unfortunatley become because we failed to replace either Pelle or Mane, then his weaknesses are shown up for all to see.