Everton v Saints (CCup)

saints-cris

I'd probably go something like....

--------------------------Gunn---------------------------

Cedric---Bednarek---Vestergaard---Yoshida---Targett

--------------Romeu------------Hojbjerg---------------

JWP--------------------------------------------Redmond

-----------------------Gallagher-------------------------

Not convinced 5 ATB is the way to go. When we played it against Burnley at home it took us 30 minutes to get into their half - it looked awful. In a one off cup game I'd like to see us go for it I think.

Mind you park the bus and hope for pens, maybe a plan, when did we last win a penalty shoot out?

--------------------------Gunn---------------------------

Bednarek---Vestergaard---Yoshida---Targett

--------------Romeu------------Armstrong-------------

JWP--------------------------------------------Gabbi

-----------------------Gallagher-------------------------

Sadly Hoedt will more than likely start, remember, he is going to get better.

You've only got 10 players there Cabbage. You're a MESS :)

We’ll probably play a similar side to the one that won at Brighton in the last round.

Silva will make plenty of changes as well no doubt, but they will be too strong for us.

I’ve been impressed with Angus Gunn , will be interesting to see how he performs as he’ll have plenty to do.

We aren't winning it (the game most likely, the competition for definite) so play some fringe players and hope they surprise us.

Gunn

Stephens

Bednarek

Yoshida

Targett

Romeu

Davis

JWP

Armstrong

Gabbiadini

Gallagher

We aren't winning it (the game most likely, the competition for definite) so play some fringe players and hope they surprise us.

Gunn

Stephens

Bednarek

Yoshida

Targett

Romeu

Davis

JWP

Armstrong

Gabbiadini

Gallagher

Other than Stephens at RB I'd go with that.

Surely if MH is serious about making changes after Saturday, then this is the game to do try them out. Don't just play 11 who didn't start on Saturday and treat it as a training match. Start with something close to the team that he would look to play on Sunday, and use the subs sensibly in the second half to give some players a break. Obviously start with dropping Hoedt.

He needs to find a formation/team selection that works for the players that he has at his disposal, and preferably as quick as possible. Not sure that he is close to finding it at the moment.

Surely if MH is serious about making changes after Saturday, then this is the game to do try them out. Don't just play 11 who didn't start on Saturday and treat it as a training match.

100% this.

I'm absolutely using this evenings game to judge how intelligent Hughes is with tweaking a starting 11 with the aim of improving weaknesses, however I think I may be giving him to much credit as a manager, but we'll see.

100% this.

I'm absolutely using this evenings game to judge how intelligent Hughes is with tweaking a starting 11 with the aim of improving weaknesses, however I think I may be giving him to much credit as a manager, but we'll see.

I expect wholesale changes as that's what pretty much everyone does now in this farcical competition.

Due to the upheaval, no one will play that well and it'll be back to the usual suspects on Sunday.

Good line up tonight folks. Think 90% of you will be pleased.

No Gallagher or Armstrong in the first 11 :(

Good to see one man back in particular but everyone’s preferred pairing remains untried :(

Pretty infuriating.

90% will now be ****ed off

180 degrees in an hour and a half?

No Gallagher or Armstrong in the first 11 :(

Good to see one man back in particular but everyone’s preferred pairing remains untried :(

Pretty infuriating.

90% will now be ****ed off

You don’t know what your doing you don’t know what your doing

I am just so unenthusiastic with this club these days, it's hard to get excited when you know exactly what's going to happen. We are just so ordinary and the spark of having exciting players is a distant memory, and it seems nothing is going to change when we have a lifeless owner backed up by his bunch of talentless goons.

https://premierleague-lives.com/live/everton-live-stream-23/channel-1/

Fingers crossed it doesn't work and I don't have to be angry yet again, at watching Hughes starting line-up fail yet again and the stupid choice of subs he brings on.

Hughes out but take pathetic losers Reed and Professor Stanley Unwin with you. I hope Prowse starts so I can see my opinion of him confirmed, as a lightweight nobody.

https://premierleague-lives.com/live/everton-live-stream-23/channel-1/

Fingers crossed it doesn't work and I don't have to be angry yet again, at watching Hughes starting line-up fail yet again and the stupid choice of subs he brings on.

Hughes out but take pathetic losers Reed and Professor Stanley Unwin with you. I hope Prowse starts so I can see my opinion of him confirmed, as a lightweight nobody.

#lovethepassion

I am just so unenthusiastic with this club these days, it's hard to get excited when you know exactly what's going to happen. We are just so ordinary and the spark of having exciting players is a distant memory, and it seems nothing is going to change when we have a lifeless owner backed up by his bunch of talentless goons.

You know what Darren? I'm with you in this, and that is the saddest thing about the situation we are in. Those 2 seasons with Koeman where we could hold our own with anyone, are gone.

3-5-2 back again, looked good last season. Looked hopeless in preseason and VS Burnley.

Worth another go as we have been largely ****e all season in 4-4-2.

Good to see Bednarek & Yoshida together, they would be my 1st choice pairing at this point as remain unconvinced by Hoet, Vestergaard. Stephens a 100%'er but none too convincing in the air or positionally.