Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: The Pre-January Transfer Window Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Crab Lungs View Post
    Josef Martinez please.
    Other than the MLS I wouldn't say his strike rate is that good at all.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Iíd say weíre selling Cedric, Bertrand and Hoedt to fund some players coming in. Possibly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DT View Post
    Iíd say weíre selling Cedric, Bertrand and Hoedt to fund some players coming in. Possibly

Isnít Bertrand recovering from an operation?

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Isnít Bertrand recovering from an operation?
    My bad. I think so

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’d say we’re selling Cedric, Bertrand and Hoedt to fund some players coming in. Possibly

There's not a chance that's happening. You don't get a manager this expensive and sell your best two full backs by miles.

Targett May go in January although seems strange one given starting games,
    Hoedt Gabbi and Davis could move

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    Targett May go in January although seems strange one given starting games,
    Hoedt Gabbi and Davis could move
    If all 4 of those went I wouldn't be that bothered tbh - we desperately need some new faces.

I feel as optimistic about this transfer window as I did about our managerial appointment because Les Reed won't be involved. We should see some much needed common sense prevail at last. We can look forward to some of the dead wood being offloaded and the squad being strategically strengthened.

I’d say we’re selling Cedric, Bertrand and Hoedt to fund some players coming in. Possibly

You truly are an idiot

10. Default

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...r-gary-cahill/

Villa move for Cahill off as Chelsea looking for teams to pay all of (110k p/w) wages.

Alfredo Morelos worth a punt ? 20 goals and 10 assists so far already !

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by simo View Post
    Has he got more goals than red cards

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by simo View Post
    Done very well up there but they surely have to keep him.

My bad. I think so

Echo reported on 15th December that he "should be back in just under a fortnite". So we should see training pics imminently.

If we don't back him in January we haven't progressed at all. What's the point signing a good manager if the board don't back him? Time for kat and gao to open their bloody wallets. Since 2014 our net spend it minus 17 million. We got bloody loads of cash and I don't buy this "we can't afford to buy anyone" every time November hits. If ralph wants a 30 million player we have no excuses. Just pay it! No more buying cheap. We need established quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
    Echo reported on 15th December that he "should be back in just under a fortnite". So we should see training pics imminently.
    Thanks. Hope so.

Daily Mail has linked us with Omar Elabdellaoui, 27 y.o. Norwegian RB at Olympiacos...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...bdellaoui.html

Promes

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Albert View Post
    Daily Mail has linked us with Omar Elabdellaoui, 27 y.o. Norwegian RB at Olympiacos...

Ties in nicely with Cedric on the way out...

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Albert View Post

...and also this one... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Goiginger

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

22. Default

Quote Originally Posted by labibs View Post
    Ties in nicely with Cedric on the way out...
    Hope he shapes up better than our last two Norwegian recruits......

Post match Ralph was interesting on transfers.

Said he has been able to see most of the players now and determine if they are useful to him or not.

Said he knows a few positions he would like to strengthen and the window* gives us a chance to do that.

Sounded like there could be quite a lot of change, and given our position and fixtures the sooner it arrives the better.

* The one thing I miss about Puel is him whispering "window mercato" as if it was a secret

(As an aside I asked an Olympiakos fan about the Norweigan RB we have been linked with and he said he is a good, strong, physical RB who can cross and makes good forward runs. Not rapid but quick enough.)

As long as hes not just coming in to support Elyanoussi as we did when we got Chala to keep Delgado company...

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefScummer View Post
    Since 2014 our net spend it minus 17 million. We got bloody loads of cash and I don't buy this "we can't afford to buy anyone" every time November hits.
    net spend doesn't include signing on fees, paying loyalty bonuses and **** manager redundancies. Also, our wage bill is ****ing massive. It consumes pretty much all the TV and Prem revenue. Do we have massive funds in the bank waiting to be spent? I'm not so sure. We certainly don't appear to have an owner prepared to spend money not generated by the cub. Prepare to be disappointed by our transfer dealings.

26. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Chez View Post
    net spend doesn't include signing on fees, paying loyalty bonuses and **** manager redundancies. Also, our wage bill is ****ing massive. It consumes pretty much all the TV and Prem revenue. Do we have massive funds in the bank waiting to be spent? I'm not so sure. We certainly don't appear to have an owner prepared to spend money not generated by the cub. Prepare to be disappointed by our transfer dealings.
    Very few people remember or want to include the wages / fees / pay offs as if they don't exist.

They just say: "But the TV money!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post

(As an aside I asked an Olympiakos fan about the Norweigan RB we have been linked with and he said he is a good, strong, physical RB who can cross and makes good forward runs. Not rapid but quick enough.)
    lack of pace is a concern, but those other facets sound good.

Quote Originally Posted by Chez View Post
    Iíve heard this argument used before and whilst itís a valid point it should also be remembered every other club has to pay these things as well, yet no other club has made such a huge income from transfers in the last 5 years. People that use loyalty bonuses and signing on fees to defend the club seem to forget that we arenít the only club in the world who pay these things, so do everyone else.

My concern is that we have an astronomical wage bill for players who shouldnít be or arenít anywhere near the first team. Forster, Stephens, Hoedt, Long, To name 4 are doing near on £250k a week In wages and have cost us more points than theyíve won this season. We are told we are a well run club and our corporate governance has never been better yet weíre probably paying £20m a year in wages to players who shouldnít be anywhere near a premier league football club.

29. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Very few people remember or want to include the wages / fees / pay offs as if they don't exist.

They just say: "But the TV money!"
    Pay offs is a tricky one as no one knows the severance package. Puel likely is not being paid as he is working in PL. Pellegrino might or might not - no idea how these things work. Maybe we top up his Leganes wage. Hughes might be expensive, but then again, who knows whether there was a performance clause in there that mitigates the expense. Its not like PL clubs keep their managers until the end of their contracts, so I'm sure there will be all sorts of clauses.

Just saw how Omar Elabdellaoui did when he was on loan at Hull for the second half of the 2016/17 season. Silva dropped him after 7 games and he wasn't in the squad again until the last match of the season.

That being said. He has been ever present in Olympiakos' season and has played in the RW position too. So he may be able to be utilised easily as a rwb.

Default The Pre-January Transfer Window Thread

So Iíve been informed the following

Outs
    McCarthy
    Cedric
    Hoedt
    Gabbi
    Davis

Ins - on black box radar
    Mukiele
    Malcuit
    Maja
    Lookman
    Poulsen

Last edited by Cabbage_Face; 31-12-2018 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage_Face View Post

Outs
    McCarthy
    Cedric
    Hoedt
    Gabbi
    Davis

Ins - on black box radar
    Mukiele
    Malcuit
    Maja
    Lookman
    Poulsen

McCarthy? Crikey

Cardiff want Clyne on loan

I would take Clyne back without a thought given he can operate on both sides if needed. But its not possible as we already have Ings on loan from Liverpool and I doubt he would commit to a permanent move when he will have better options in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage_Face View Post

Outs
    McCarthy
    Cedric
    Hoedt
    Gabbi
    Davis

Ins - on black box radar
    Mukiele
    Malcuit
    Maja
    Lookman
    Poulsen

Poulsen would be great. Hope itís feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenilworthy View Post
    I would take Clyne back without a thought given he can operate on both sides if needed. But its not possible as we already have Ings on loan from Liverpool and I doubt he would commit to a permanent move when he will have better options in the summer.
    Itís possible if we convert the Ings loan into permanent as has been rumoured

I would LOVE to sign re-sign Clyne.

39. Default

We SHOULD re-sign Clyne, yes. If we can. We should make an offer and try to bring him back. Surely a better option than Cardiff.

No way will McCarthy be going, IMHO. If there was any consideration of that, Gunn would be getting games. Davis, Gabbiadini, Cedric, (maybe) Bertrand, (maybe) Hoedt as outs. The final two added simply because the talk is that they are heads-gone cases. I have no sources, just my own opinion.
    Last edited by the saint in winchester; 31-12-2018 at 02:06 PM.

40. Default

As we need pace, would it be worth recalling Boufal? Might suit Ralph's style? Or have I started drinking too early?

Probably the latter.

41. Default

McCarthy? Crikey

Good grief - does anyone still take this clown seriously? You well and truly bit on this. He's as ,much in the know as his Kenyan alter ego.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesfp1 View Post
    As we need pace, would it be worth recalling Boufal? Might suit Ralph's style? Or have I started drinking too early?

Probably the latter.
    I would like to see Boufal under Ralph. Wishful thinking hoping for the undoubted talent to be unlocked. Far more than raw ability needed to succeed.

I would like to think we could offload Forster...but alas unless things have changed for him personally,I donít think it will happen.
    And Iím not just talking about financially either.

Quote Originally Posted by washsaint View Post
    Good grief - does anyone still take this clown seriously? You well and truly bit on this. He's as ,much in the know as his Kenyan alter ego.
    Watch and learn.

Any chance of us going back in for Karlo Bartolec? He seems to think Saints had him lined up in the summer to replace Cedric if he left (which looks likely now).

Recently capped by Croatia, 23, attack-minded full back, relatively cheap. The youtubes make him look half decent (as they tend to) but he's only playing in Denmark.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post
    Post match Ralph was interesting on transfers.

Said he has been able to see most of the players now and determine if they are useful to him or not.

Said he knows a few positions he would like to strengthen and the window* gives us a chance to do that.

Sounded like there could be quite a lot of change, and given our position and fixtures the sooner it arrives the better.

* The one thing I miss about Puel is him whispering "window mercato" as if it was a secret

He played a few games for Hull in 2017 but was dropped for a few months after their 4-0 defeat to Everton so he didn't play in the 0-0 draw at St Mary's. He was then brought back for their final Premier League game before they were relegated, a 7-1 home defeat to Spurs. They didn't extend his loan deal after that. At least he has previous experience of relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Saint View Post
    He played a few games for Hull in 2017 but was dropped for a few months after their 4-0 defeat to Everton so he didn't play in the 0-0 draw at St Mary's. He was then brought back for their final Premier League game before they were relegated, a 7-1 home defeat to Spurs. They didn't extend his loan deal after that. At least he has previous experience of relegation.
    And, of course, he will be able to link up with our other Moroccan Norwegian, giving us a monopoly on Moroccan Norwegians in the Premier League. They'll all want to join us after they hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by saint lard View Post
    I would like to think we could offload Forster...but alas unless things have changed for him personally,I don’t think it will happen.
    And I’m not just talking about financially either.

What things?

Quote Originally Posted by EBS1980 View Post
    What things?
    I will use the term alleged for the following.
    After the 5-1 defeat to Spurs,and during the subsequent weeks that followed Fraser succumbed to a Ď complete breakdowní shall we call it.
    A relationship with a fellow Ďemployeeí of SFC ended also which compounded the issue.
    He was not in a good place at all.
    During the summer he was offered contracts by varying clubs...some baulked at his wage demands,but it was apparent to some,and by him,that he was in no fit state to consider a move let alone being in the spotlight of playing for some considerable time.
    If this is still the situation I donít know.
    Again this is allegedly.

50. Default Southampton manager Ralph Hasenhuttl on the January transfer window