The Pre-January Transfer Window Thread

Saint Garrett

With Ings on loan already from Liverpool, getting Clyne on loan won’t be an option because of the PL’s loan rules.

Presume Ings' transfer becomes permanent in January? given that it's compulsory and not an option to buy. Would seem unnecessary to wait until the summer to finalise it.

I don't think it's weird at all. We know the in's and out's of most of these players, a decent gaffer can only improve them a small percentage. You can't polish a turd.

The way a team can play can be far better than the sum total of it’s individual players. Burnley last season, Bournemouth this season, Leicester winning the league etc.

That’s what the right manager can bring, formation, tactics, system, fitness, belief, confidence etc.

We aren’t going to sell ten and bring five in in January - we are fundamentally going to have to turn things around with what we have got here now. I’m sure the club will have faith that he is the right man to do this, and he will find away to get us winning.

I Hope!!

Given our likely league position in January I think we are going to struggle to find any decent players in Jan. Last season we missed out on Walcott and Promes most likely because they didn't want to tie themselves to a sinking rock could well be the same this January.

With all due respect there is no 'could be' about it - it is a certainty that come Jan we will still be propping up the league. I think the real decision that he club will have to make at that point is whether we are trading to stay in the premiership or trading in preparation for leaving the premiership. The latter is probably the more realistic.

we realistically need a quality central defender, creative midfielder, pace from wide and a striker... not gonna happen. Goa won’t spend as he hasn’t the cash. Relegation will hopefully screw him over and teach him to get involved in something he’s clueless about.

The problem is that non playing staff will lose their jobs, this down to the complete incompetence of reed, Wilson and Krueger. Kat Liebherr has completely done us good and proper.

Get five Germans/Bundesliga pros in who know the system, across each area of the team.

Although I'll presume he selected Vestergaard for that reason today. He'll learn*.

*RH will learn. Vestergaard is sh ite.

Edited by CB Fry

With all due respect there is no 'could be' about it - it is a certainty that come Jan we will still be propping up the league. I think the real decision that he club will have to make at that point is whether we are trading to stay in the premiership or trading in preparation for leaving the premiership. The latter is probably the more realistic.

I suspect there is going to be a bloody long look at our liabilities for next season over the next week or so. 10 points from 18 games is not going to inspire the chairman to spend more money we dont have. A £40m parachute payment falls a long way short of the £120m we get from the Premiership this year. Adding to that wage bill further in January is not going to be something any business would want to do.

Can only see a difficult and frustrating window. We have alot of deadwood which needs cleared out but good luck getting interest in players on inflated wages/struggling for form. Ideally we need to clear out as much of the following but would be surprised if any leave on fees. Maybe get a few loaned out

Forster

Yoshida

Hoedt

Romeu

Davis

Austin

Long

Similarly who is going to want to join a club fighting relegation, we found that out last January. Ideally we need two CB, one AMF, one CF. Be surprised to see more than two players coming in (preferably a CB and a CF). Just have to believe RH can transform the current crop of players

I suspect there is going to be a bloody long look at our liabilities for next season over the next week or so. 10 points from 18 games is not going to inspire the chairman to spend more money we dont have. A £40m parachute payment falls a long way short of the £120m we get from the Premiership this year. Adding to that wage bill further in January is not going to be something any business would want to do.
Agree entirely. Those people who think it's just a matter of buying in a couple of players in January are wrong in my opinion. Also, the January window is notoriously difficult for getting good quality over the line. Do you back the manager with money (that perhaps you don't have) or just hope that we have enough quality already.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Get five Germans/Bundesliga pros in who know the system, across each area of the team.

Although I'll presume he selected Vestergaard for that reason today. He'll learn*.

*RH will learn. Vestergaard is sh ite.

That's fine in theory, except:

-they won't come cheap

-will be difficult to prise them away from their clubs

-will they want to come into a relegation dogfight in a new country; not the most exciting prospect is it?

- worryingly, Vestergaard was highly rated, and someone posted some stats as to his clearances, blockages etc at his previous club, and from that you would'nt expect the nervous wreck we have deeloped him into.

according to the Daily Mail, Victor Moses is available for £12m.

that could potentially be decent, versatile as he could replace Cedric or even play as a right winger with that much needed pace.

if Cahill is also available on loan, then I wouldn't mind that.

according to the Daily Mail, Victor Moses is available for £12m.

that could potentially be decent, versatile as he could replace Cedric or even play as a right winger with that much needed pace.

if Cahill is also available on loan, then I wouldn't mind that.

Moses is a bargain @ £12m.

Blackburn back in for Gallagher - apparently

LeG said he'd picked up a knee injury, so no idea how fit he is now.

Patrick Herrmann from Borussia Monchengladbach.

Apparently on the radar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Linked in Express in the German press...

“Mönchengladbach -

No sooner has Ralph Hasenhüttl been hired on the English island as a new coach at the Premier League club FC Southampton, already the 51-year-old has submitted to his new bosses a wish list with players who are to help the league in the league.

In the winter break, the "Saints" want to attack again in the transfer market, the troubled club has crashed to the third last place in the table.

EXPRESS learns: Southampton has also extended the feelers to Gladbach for a squad update. Specifically: Ur-Borussia Patrick Herrmann should be on the shopping list of new coach Ralph Hasenhüttl.

Saints need more speed and power

Apparently, Southampton, which could only win a league game, will buy more speed and punch for the offensive wing.

Herrmann (market value EUR 4.5 million) would be a "snapper" in the winter sale, after all, the contract of the 27-year-old at VfL expires at the end of June 2019.

Not only is the contract coming to an end, "Flaco" is currently also on the siding

And: "Flaco" currently plays in the plans of foal coach Dieter Hecking (54) is not a major role, counted in recent weeks not even to Borussia squad. He says, "Of course, I'm thinking about how it will continue in winter. If you do not even count to the squad, then it will be difficult. "

Patrick Herrmann delivered a gala performance test against Southampton

Is "Flaco" Hasenhüttl's "Herrminator"? In Southampton they know Patrick very well. In August, Borussia beat the Saints 3-0 in a test in their stadium - Herrmann contributed a brace.

With Jannik Vestergaard (26), whom Southampton had bought from Gladbach for € 25m last summer, Herrmann would meet an old friend in England.

Also relegation candidate Stuttgart should be interested

However, not only the English are keen on "Flaco". Another interested party is even playing in the Borussia Park on Sunday with the troubled VfB Stuttgart. The Swabians are also in the sights of Herrmann.

Also the VfL Wolfsburg should have interest in Herrmann. The car club dredged around before the season to Patrick, but decided to stay on the Lower Rhine.

Currently, however, the signs that Herrmann in the winter after over ten years in the foal stable "Tschö, Borussia" in the winter! says.”

https://www.express.de/sport/fussball/borussia-moenchengladbach/england-ruft-holt-ex-leipzig-coach-gladbachs-bankdruecker-in-die-premier-league--31709778

Becoming increasingly clear that if we don't do big business in January we will be relegated.

Hopefully Gao can find a few quid to protect his investment.

I get the impression Gao might have found something behind the sofa.

I think the dismissal of Reed and Hughes has come from Gao and hopefully he will back it up with some cash in Jan.

Really find it hard to believe we'd go from having a massive squad and needing to cut numbers to buy players, to suddenly shelling out £30m on a centre back.

Pascal Gross would cost far, far, far more than £5m- he's one of Brighton's best players. Probably would have to multiply that by five before they even give it a second thought.

Thought Gao was a total chump until recently but with the dismissal of Reed and the appointment of Ralph he looks like he's starting to get a hang of things.

IMO we've punched above our weight with this manager, it would be criminal to see him go because we didn't back him at least a bit.

Really find it hard to believe we'd go from having a massive squad and needing to cut numbers to buy players, to suddenly shelling out £30m on a centre back.

Pascal Gross would cost far, far, far more than £5m- he's one of Brighton's best players. Probably would have to multiply that by five before they even give it a second thought.

Yep, I don't know where these 'journalists' get their info from... surely anyone who knows anything about Premier League football realises this?!

Yep, I don't know where these 'journalists' get their info from... surely anyone who knows anything about Premier League football realises this?!

They've obvioulsy just seen how much he cost brighton. He'd be more aorund the £25m mark I'd have thought.

Hermann sounds like a player we are targeting as he’s currently not playing first team football plus he would be on our black box.

Yes he was impressive last time we met but Vestergaard was too and he’s just plain shi.te.

Hopefully we are not just basing it on his performance against us:

Yes, took his chances, and that's something we struggle to do, but he won't be facing defences routinely giving him acres of space.

Still if Ralph rates him and thinks he can get him fit and motivated, then that's fine, Can't see RH being told who he's going to sign by Ross.