Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: New Head of Scouting?

  1. #1

    Default New Head of Scouting?

    http://sportwitness.co.uk/southampto...ously-outlook/

    Obviously need a replacement for Bill Green who sadly passed last year.

    Would imagine its quite a sought after job with a lot of interest so should be able to get someone of high calibre in what is a massive role, especially at a club like Saints where we cannot/will not buy ready made players.

    Be interesting to see if this happens.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,224
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    than Southampton for a scout to see his work rewarded, as the Premier League side are known to give their youngsters a chance.

    .. but only on loan at other clubs.

  3. Default

    Interesting. Let's hope this pans out.

    We've seemingly been very pro-active in France recently in youth recruitment so I wonder if he's played a part in that.

  4. #4

    Default

    If he does come in and some of the signings made don't hit the ground running, I hope our fans don't shoot the Chérif

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Was NI now Shropshire..!
    Posts
    7,673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    If he does come in and some of the signings made don't hit the ground running, I hope our fans don't shoot the Chérif
    Do you have a coat?

    Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,307

    Default

    I will say it again as I’ve said before... I genuinely believe I could have recruited better footballers for this club than Ross Wilson and his team of geeks.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Love and Light.
    Posts
    5,769

    Default

    Black box is ride on time.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Wokingham, Berkshire
    Posts
    8,051

    Default New Head of Scouting?

    Stevie ****ing Wonder without the braille version of Moneyball to aid him could have done better than Ross ****ing Wilson, the only person more incompetent is his tailor.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Northam / Poletrix
    Posts
    869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crab Lungs View Post
    I will say it again as I’ve said before... I genuinely believe I could have recruited better footballers for this club than Ross Wilson and his team of geeks.
    Yep, anyone with a degree of football knowledg could’ve done a better job than that clown. It’s got to th po My that’s you just know every single “replacement” for a departed player is going to be woefully inadequate. It’s no surprise to me that Moi is looking like yet another total waste of money and not suited or able to be effective in this league.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Love and Light.
    Posts
    5,769

    Default

    I’d give Moi a chance, but sadly in a struggling side won’t get it. He would’ve been good when we initially wanted him with Koeman.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. Default

    Update.

    @SkySportsLyall: Cherif Oudjani has joined #Southampton to head up scouting network in France, not as ‘head of scouting’ as some have suggested. #Saintsfc don’t have a ‘head of scouting’ position.


  12. #13

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dorking, Surrey
    Posts
    554

    Default

    Not sure how accurate this is, but there is a list of staff profiles here: http://trainingground.guru/staff-pro...staff-profiles

  13. #14

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,224
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    So, we're shot of le Cherif.

  14. #15

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    West Coast Portugal/Romsey
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Anymore news on the Paul Mitchell situation?

  15. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Portugalsaint View Post
    Anymore news on the Paul Mitchell situation?
    More than likely Man Utd bound.

  16. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    More than likely Man Utd bound.
    Not if poch is going there they had a huge fallout at spurs

  17. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saint77 View Post
    Not if poch is going there they had a huge fallout at spurs
    I thought he fell out with Levy?

  18. #19

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Hurworth-On-Tees, nr Darlington
    Posts
    643

    Default

    BBC seem to think he could be in the frame though there is a lot of conjecture in the article (which is quite surprising for a BBC article):

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46618593

    That article is a very glowing article about Mitchell. As I read that I hope that we hadn't been in talks with him only to find that the link with Man Utd steals him from our grasp. I would certainly welcome him back as Les Reed's replacement.

  19. #20

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wherever I wanna be...
    Posts
    1,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SaintJackoInHurworth View Post
    BBC seem to think he could be in the frame though there is a lot of conjecture in the article (which is quite surprising for a BBC article):

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46618593

    That article is a very glowing article about Mitchell. As I read that I hope that we hadn't been in talks with him only to find that the link with Man Utd steals him from our grasp. I would certainly welcome him back as Les Reed's replacement.
    Read that too. Would be a good move for him and an incentive for Poch - apparently they're close. Just need to stop Fergie from interfering.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •