Hughes OUT

Batman

I really don't know enough about the other managers to say much, but those favourites are pretty dire. I'd prefer Rodgers over most of them.

Surely we aren't a bad club for an aspiring club to come to though? We spend enough money, we have players with more potential than they've shown. We have a decent infrastructure and we did well recently enough that our reputation hasn't entirely gone to ****. We just need someone to come in and demand more of the players and stop persisting with those that underperform, until they get the message.

Don't see any liklihood that Hughes will be sacked. There would be a huge contract payment to make and the owners are already in debt. We're lumbered with him, as we are with Forster. We used to be told top managers were lining up to come to us, no sign or rumour of anyone now

The huge contract payment is still small beer when compared to the loss of revenue that will result from relegation. Parachutes only get you to the ground.

Bull****, he had a nightmare run in. West Ham was his only poor result.

Leicester was pretty toss as was Everton. So I stand by the comment that Swansea essentially kept us up by being more crap than we were just at the right time. We won’t keep getting that fortunate.

And it was no more nightmarish than anyone else.

Also, are we to pretend he has had a ‘nightmare’ start this season?

He’s now a shi* manager doing a shi* job. And the names being bandied about would be shi* appointments too. If anyone (and I’ve seen Bruce being mentioned today to go along with all the other dinosaurs which is depressing) from our management board are seriously considering any of them then it shows how out of touch they are and how much we are no longer a progressive thinking club.

Wise words, Cloggy. To be fair, we also want Reed and Kreuger out but that's harder to make happen.

I don't really understand why we would improve if Reed and Kruger were to leave

I don't really see what is wrong with the squad and why they fail to score so often

A change is clearly needed. The team needs a kick up the nuts and it just isn't happening under Hughes. No goals from open play in 6 games is a sick joke. And if Hughes goes that means Reed and Wilson have got the last 3 appointments wrong and they surely have to walk as well.

Edited by Kingsbridge Saint

A meeting happened, but not this week. Been a few changes this week. Looks like the club really want to win this one.

Cryptic. Do you mean the club met a prospective new manager before the City game? Or did the players have a clear the air meeting with Hughes? Or was there a Gao meeting with Reed? I do hope things are in train. And that the changes made are not just cosmetic. Could we have a new captain? I do hope so and that it’s Hoj

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A meeting happened, but not this week. Been a few changes this week. Looks like the club really want to win this one.

The only changes I’ve noticed at training this week is the players are having a few 11 a side matches against some red cones.

Currently the cones are 3-1 up.

The only changes I’ve noticed at training this week is the players are having a few 11 a side matches against some red cones.

I'm guessing the 1 we've scored against the cones went in off Jimmy Bollard?! Apologies.

Edited by LeBizzier69

Joking aside-ish, changes are afoot, I believe the players are training at the stadium (not something they usually do) a few times this week, probably trying to get them acquainted with where the goalposts are.

Joking aside-ish, changes are afoot, I believe the players are training at the stadium (not something they usually do) a few times this week, probably trying to get them acquainted with where the goalposts are.

I suppose the atmosphere would still feel the same?

It sure does!

Faulty form, fan friction, defensive dilemmas, suspect recruitment, curious selections ... and that was his time at Stoke. For Stoke, read Saints.

He has until the end of next month to deliver, IMHO. A new DoF may not even give him that.

Ralph on Hughes future:

@AdamBlackmore: Just spoke with #saintsfc chairman Ralph Krueger, and it included a one word answer:

- Me: One newspaper ran a story last Saturday saying Hughes would be fired if you lose to Watford tomorrow - is that true?

- Ralph: No

That could mean he will be sacked after Watford regardless of the result.

I’m hoping they have the new manager lined up and he didn’t want to be told who to buy by Charlton’s worst ever manager, hence the change in structure.

Reading Ralphs interview in the echo I think he is safe for now though its Ralph speak so it could mean anything...:D

This sounds like a long process, does that mean Mark Hughes’ job will be safe for a long period because there is nobody in the role Les occupied to take that decision if it were ever required?

These are the changes we have made and we are very comfortable with the personnel and the staff we have in place and Mark is in the lead in the most visible of all football roles.

We are expecting a change in performance and a change in results with some minor shifts we have done within the club.

We are going optimistically into the game against Watford and I think that the energy we needed to make these changes was massive and we have expended that. It’s now about let’s appraise our situation and what do we have and then we make further decisions.

I have gone through all the leaders of football in the different roles and we have a lot of good people in that environment and we will let them go to work.

I don't really understand why we would improve if Reed and Kruger were to leave

I don't really see what is wrong with the squad and why they fail to score so often

are you trying for a humeruss angle or are you clinically obtuse. Thick canute!

You're positioning yourself alongside Always and you're saying I'm unhinged. Isn't it odd how its always you two chatting about me..?

Cut Always some slack. Its been a difficult week for him. He’s obviously in grief and needs to work things out at his own pace.

Cut Always some slack. Its been a difficult week for him. He’s obviously in grief and needs to work things out at his own pace.

Stalking again :lol: you are developing a unhealthy, yet very funny fixation with me.... guess its my turn for now but you wll soon chase your other obsession in sadoldgit....

Try getting out more and not just living for this forum... help is out there if you want it

Enough is enough, he has to go. Officially worse than Pellegrino. I get that we are ****, we've been stripped of our best assets and replaced them poorly which he isn't responsible for, but I will not accept that there's nobody out there who could do a better job. He's ****ing awful.

You're positioning yourself alongside Always and you're saying I'm unhinged. Isn't it odd how its always you two chatting about me..?

I'm only responding to your inane posts.

You don't like Hughes, fine, neither do I particularly, but you derail every thread with what appears to be nothing but vile and hatred, and you just come across as bitter and twisted, which isn't healthy for anyone.

Enough is enough, he has to go. Officially worse than Pellegrino. I get that we are ****, we've been stripped of our best assets and replaced them poorly which he isn't responsible for, but I will not accept that there's nobody out there who could do a better job. He's ****ing awful.

I’m no Hughes fan, but I think he’ll be staying in the short term. Nothing in Krueger’s comments this week or in Wilson’s Telegraph piece make me think he’s in danger of getting sacked anytime soon.