Hughes OUT

Batman

So who is going to sack him and admit wrong again?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

At the start if season he deserved the chance - now weird tactics team selections players unfit no drive no passion on pitch but again who will sack the holy trinity above Hughes too.

Next Manager odds ( per Paddy Power)

Moyes 7/2

Allardyce 6

Rodgers 7

Martin O'Neill 7

Pardew 10

Michael O'Neill 10

Martinez 12

Van Gaal 12

Strachan 16

Hiddink 20

Klinsmann 20

Pearson 20

Bilic 20

Bruce 20

Howe 33

de Boer 33

Lampard 33

Monk 33

Redknapp 33 :mcinnes:

Benitez 33

Dyche 33

Pahars 66

Gerrard 66

MLT 100

Yes to Rodgers, Van Gaal, Hiddink, Howe, Lampard and Benitez.

Bosz with Erwin Koeman would also be a good option.

Bosz with Erwin Koeman would also be a good option.

Reasonable shout. Was assistant to Cocu in Turkey but he’s recently been sacked. Rein knows the club and didn’t want to leave in the first place.

Personally I’d go for Rodgers then failing that a European option Jardim, Bosz etc.

But I’d much rather we take a gamble on a young head then go for a safe pair of hands (I.e Moyes/Bruce).

I’d be inclined to give Arteta a pop and stick with him (assuming we see some kind of improvement) and let him rebuild in the championship if we go down.

The numbers speak for themselves

Win %

Adkins 22.7%

Poch 35.2%

Koeman 47.4%

Puel 31.6%

MoPe 16.7%

Hughes 15.8%

Pts/game

Adkins 1.00

Poch 1.39

Koeman 1.62

Puel 1.21

MoPe 0.93

Hughes 0.79

Goals scored/game

Adkins 1.36

Poch 1.35

Koeman 1.49

Puel 1.08

MoPe 0.97

Hughes 0.79

Goals conceded/game

Adkins 1.82

Poch 1.22

Koeman 0.97

Puel 1.26

MoPe 1.47

Hughes 1.68

And guess which one on that list was there yesterday according to Solent commentary (who saw fit to mention it twice in case we missed it the first time).

It's odd discussion continues and grows after defeats. Most have seen years of premier league football. We all know what sort of manager Hughes is. Even if this wasn't my club, I'd find it hard to see him turning it round now. His record is appalling. He had some ok moments at Stoke but spent a lot, with many players still struggling to find form. And it all went badly wrong. He was so lucky to get a job as good as this and he's been awful.

Many will continue to slag off our squad but there's no chance he's getting even half the potential out of it. I'm tired of seeing players go backwards, having no identity and not knowing who'll be playing where each week. It's dire management. But it all comes down to the next appointment. That's 2 abysmal ones in a row. Reed should have gone for that alone. If we get a third badly wrong in a row, or don't fix it very soon, we'll go down.

Sort it in the next few weeks and there's still plenty of time to push for mid-table in what is an incredibly average/rubbish bottom half.

Sack him now and I bet we beat Watford.

I try & look at us from that perspective too & when I view us through that lens, I see us as a team like Swansea & Sunderland - A team who recruited badly & who's manager that kept them up the previous season isn't the man for the following season.

Hedeserved his chance and I listened to 606 and from the neutrals view they believe he deserves longer.

Listening to a couple ofour fans on there though!! Pete was one who wanted Hughes gone but couldnt say who he wanted. We get little sympathy after our treatment of Puel. 8th a cup final and we still moaned, so cry wolf toooften and others dont listen

Hedeserved his chance and I listened to 606 and from the neutrals view they believe he deserves longer.

Listening to a couple ofour fans on there though!! Pete was one who wanted Hughes gone but couldnt say who he wanted. We get little sympathy after our treatment of Puel. 8th a cup final and we still moaned, so cry wolf toooften and others dont listen

Its what fans do though Boro top of league booed players off after a 0-0 2 weeks ago

Leeds fans moaning only won 2-1 yesterday.

Sacking Puel wasnt wrong employing him in first place was. 20/20 hindsight.

Unless we get Eddie Howe we aint going anywhere other than Nott Arf Krap next season

Eddie won't come, it's too far from Bournemouth and he gets homesick. Plus the blue rinse brigade from Boscombe will write some mildly rude letters. Love to have his style of play though.

Its what fans do though Boro top of league booed players off after a 0-0 2 weeks ago

Leeds fans moaning only won 2-1 yesterday.

Sacking Puel wasnt wrong employing him in first place was. 20/20 hindsight.

we will never see eye to eye on this one, and it will always rankle with me that he wasnt given the time to develop a team. He took over from RK but in the meanwhile lost 50 goals as Pelle and Mane were sold. We still are minus the goals and the team is struggling due to that.

WGS' last season with us was awful in just about all areas.

What a ludicrous comment to make. In WGS’s last season (he resigned at the turn of the new year from memory) we were 4th in the Premier League driving up to play Fulham at QPR’s ground. How on earth is 4th in the Premier League “awful”???

Blimey you must have thought Puel was a disaster finishing 8th and a cup final!

What a ludicrous comment to make. In WGS’s last season (he resigned at the turn of the new year from memory) we were 4th in the Premier League driving up to play Fulham at QPR’s ground. How on earth is 4th in the Premier League “awful”???

Yes, I thought that was harsh on WGS. Yes, McCann wasn’t a great signing but WGS didn’t get the cash to push on he needed e.g. Malbranque. First half of the season we were very effective, good at the back with Killer and Antti commanding, Le Saux, Doddy and Claus hadn’t lost their legs yet. Beattie still had great form in the first half of that season and Phillips got a few.

We weren’t as good as the previous season, when the pressing and energy was great to watch although not quite as pretty on the eye as Nigel, Poch and Ronald’s teams. Selling Bridgey did lose some attacking thrust. But we kept on getting results until that Fulham game, then Newcastle at home in the Cup, WGS didn’t sign a new contract (a bit like the Koeman saga) with rumours he needed a hip operation and it unravelled after that barring a new manager bounce under Sturrock. There was one - Man City away, Wolves away, Liverpool home.

The players were always very fit though, Wenger reckoned the fittest in the PL and if this current shower played the 02/03 they would lose by several goals as well as stopping to throw up last nights roast dinner and several pints because they’d been run senseless by Mazza, Bridgey, Killer and the rest of the side I loved watching.

Yes, maybe it was harsh but the trend was there. His 18 month pursuit of McCann, who turned out to one of our worst signings, was an indication that his judgement was in question. We won only one of his last 8 games with us before departing with his Harry Redknappesque excuse of a bad hip. His heart wasn’t in it and it showed in the teams performances. The decline continued and we finished 12th although Sturrock was a big part of that.

We need a manager that can take over recruitment and has a record of building a team. We also need to stop buying "potential with resale value" for a couple years and get some leaders in; we have the 2nd youngest squad in the league. And we need to stop buying quantity over quality; we're not playing twice a week, we don't need 2 senior players for each position.

It's recruitment that has failed us more than any manager has.

Next Manager odds ( per Paddy Power)

Moyes 7/2

Allardyce 6

Rodgers 7

Martin O'Neill 7

Pardew 10

Michael O'Neill 10

Martinez 12

Van Gaal 12

Strachan 16

Hiddink 20

Klinsmann 20

Pearson 20

Bilic 20

Bruce 20

Howe 33

de Boer 33

Lampard 33

Monk 33

Redknapp 33 :mcinnes:

Benitez 33

Dyche 33

Pahars 66

Gerrard 66

MLT 100

These would vary from possibly ok to great.

Moyes was a Rupert Lowe target back in the day does anyone recall?

Yes - 2001 after Hoddle left before we moved to St Marys.

I think Moyes was offered the job, but wanted to bring his own backroom team of 2 or 3 from Preston. Rupert wouldn't have it so we ended up with Staurt Grey staying on.

The mirror are running an 'exclusive' that says hes gone if we fail to win on Saturday, also say Fat Sam and Moyes are top of the replacement list..... :lol:

Express also with an 'exclusive' :

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1041314/Southampton-EXCLUSIVE-Mark-Hughes-could-be-sacked-Saturday

Both articles include reference to Jardim:

Leonardo Jardim, the former Monaco coach, had been high on the Southampton board’s wish list.

The Portuguese now looks set for a move to the Chinese Super League, with Beijing Guoan a possibility.

IF he was high on our wishlist why haven't we snared him by now. Either the article(s) are crap with no substance, or Reed is dithering again. Probably both are true.