Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 1418

Thread: Hughes OUT

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    27,107

    Default Hughes OUT

    No doubt I will get stick for this. But he is horrendous.
    only marginally better than the clown last season.

    teams do not even need to play remotely well to beat us.
    We concede so many goals yet sticks by a clown in defence (hoedt)
    Had made Long (shane, f-ing long) and integral part of the side.
    Cant defend a set piece, or anything.


    utterly woeful.

    Yet, I have even less faith in Ralph and les doing anything positive
    Last edited by Batman; 29-09-2018 at 04:49 PM.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hilsea
    Posts
    1,029

    Default

    I'm with you.

  3. Default

    Seriously whats the point.

    4th time lucky for Leslie? Get rid of Leslie FIRST and then take a look at the squad and team management.

    No point sacking Hughes and allowing Leslie to bring in another useless idiot

  4. #4

    Default

    Hey won't sack him, but its pretty clear we are going nowhere under Hughes and will be bottom 6 and in a repegation fight again - without question.

  5. Default

    No chance he'll be going soon.

    My only complaint with him is persisting with the same failing defence week in week out when we have other options.
    And persisting with Austin who looks way way off the pace.

  6. #6

    Default

    Wow - I thought we’d be comfortable under Hughes.

    We are Championship.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    2,344

    Default

    Said in the summer we should be looking at an up and coming manager to come in and shake things up. We should have thanked Hughes for last season and moved on. But no we give him a three year deal. Just so we can give him a bumper payout when the inevitable sacking happens. He doesn't have the tactical nous to adapt our obvious shortcomings and our fitness seems to be getting worse and worse.

  8. #8

    Default

    Sack Hughes and replace him with who? Who would want to come to a club with a poor squad and many managerial sackings over the last few years?

  9. #9

    Default

    No manager can sort this ****e defence out


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10

    Default

    Hard to disagree with. Hughes out. Reed out. Ralph out. Geo out, Fat Liebherr out and Wilson out.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Kucho View Post
    Sack Hughes and replace him with who? Who would want to come to a club with a poor squad and many managerial sackings over the last few years?
    Anyone who says Allardyce should be shot.

  12. #12

    Default

    When will he drop that clown Hoedt and play Yoshida. We’ve bought average players and are deeply in the ****

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Amesbury
    Posts
    13,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saints foreva View Post
    Hard to disagree with. Hughes out. Reed out. Ralph out. Geo out, Fat Liebherr out and Wilson out.
    Who is that?

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bartonia 2, 000, 000 years ago
    Posts
    6,902

    Default

    Ring Celtic and ask to speak to Rogers !

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Gotham city
    Posts
    5,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BotleySaint View Post
    No chance he'll be going soon.

    My only complaint with him is persisting with the same failing defence week in week out when we have other options.
    And persisting with Austin who looks way way off the pace.
    then goes onto name two complaints

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Swanmore (Near Fareham)
    Posts
    777

    Default

    What's that then 3 PL wins from 15-16 under Hughes?

    Can see why he has been sacked at basically every job he has had. Not all his fault at all but he really is someone from an era that is long gone.

    His tactics and team selections are total ****. He can't influence games and keeps picking people who are woefully out of form. Austin has done **** all this season but get's picked ahead of others. Our defence is atrocious but persists with the same set-up/players.

    He has not changed anything. Even Mopo2 had more wins in his first 15 PL games and that is saying something!

  17. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Didcot Saint View Post
    When will he drop that clown Hoedt and play Yoshida. We’ve bought average players and are deeply in the ****
    You'd think that surely NOW he will see we need a change at the back. If we roll out the same team next game then we have serious problems.

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bartonia 2, 000, 000 years ago
    Posts
    6,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Benali View Post
    What's that then 3 PL wins from 15-16 under Hughes?

    Can see why he has been sacked at basically every job he has had. Not all his fault at all but he really is someone from an era that is long gone.

    His tactics and team selections are total ****. He can't influence games and keeps picking people who are woefully out of form. Austin has done **** all this season but get's picked ahead of others. Our defence is atrocious but persists with the same set-up/players.

    He has not changed anything. Even Mopo2 had more wins in his first 15 PL games and that is saying something!
    3 in the last 30 games in total

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ALWAYS_SFC View Post
    Who is that?
    Oh **** off you ****ing retard.

  20. Default

    So basically, everyone else out before this horrificly unlikeable unprofessional wastes of space, footballers? When do they start getting the blame?

    Hojberg, Cedric, Lemina, Austin, Hoedt, Long, Gabbiadini. Absolute trash and the primary reason we are where we are and have been for 2 years.

    Recruitment ****, players not suited to eachother, rubbish mentalities. We can go though as many managers as we like but that ain’t changing.

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Amesbury
    Posts
    13,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saints foreva View Post
    Oh **** off you ****ing retard.
    Calm down boy, it was only a question without the need to swear

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    17,861
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ALWAYS_SFC View Post
    Who is that?
    Goa.

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Amesbury
    Posts
    13,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Goa.
    is that not a place

  24. #24

    Default

    I actually like Hughes. IMO he's much better than MP, we just don't have that much talent. He'll figure something out and we'll slide by around #15

  25. #25

    Default

    Wow - I thought we’d be comfortable under Hughes.

    We are Championship.

  26. #26

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Gotham city
    Posts
    5,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S-Clarke View Post
    So basically, everyone else out before this horrificly unlikeable unprofessional wastes of space, footballers? When do they start getting the blame?

    Hojberg, Cedric, Lemina, Austin, Hoedt, Long, Gabbiadini. Absolute trash and the primary reason we are where we are and have been for 2 years.

    Recruitment ****, players not suited to eachother, rubbish mentalities. We can go though as many managers as we like but that ain’t changing.
    And what's the common link with all these player appointments?

    Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

  27. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    No doubt I will get stick for this. But he is horrendous.
    only marginally better than the clown last season.

    teams do not even need to play remotely well to beat us.
    We concede so many goals yet sticks by a clown in defence (hoedt)
    Had made Long (shane, f-ing long) and integral part of the side.
    Cant defend a set piece, or anything.


    utterly woeful.

    Yet, I have even less faith in Ralph and les doing anything positive
    Knee-jerk.

  28. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr X View Post
    And what's the common link with all these player appointments?

    Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    Ross Wilson.

  29. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S-Clarke View Post
    So basically, everyone else out before this horrificly unlikeable unprofessional wastes of space, footballers? When do they start getting the blame?

    Hojberg, Cedric, Lemina, Austin, Hoedt, Long, Gabbiadini. Absolute trash and the primary reason we are where we are and have been for 2 years.

    Recruitment ****, players not suited to eachother, rubbish mentalities. We can go though as many managers as we like but that ain’t changing.
    Exactly, the players are the problem. We can debate Hughes's tactics and the team selection was poor, but if the players don't turn up then there's not a lot you can do.

  30. #30

    Default

    I haven't watched many games this season, so I've been reluctant to be outspoken one way or the other.

    My issue is that I don't think Hughes is THE problem, but I certainly don't think he helps the situation. I'm not even sure the defence was the main problem today.

    I said before the game that the starting XI always leave me thinking "well I hope he proves me wrong", so I think team selection is a legitimate complaint after a tepid performance and defeat. The concerning thing for me is that he seems committed to these players and systems which aren't working, compared to last season where he was prepared to change things, either game to game or mid-match (which was one of the biggest changes from MP).

    But I can't help but think the board/scouting department have once again failed to bolster the squad sufficiently (because we needed it), everything points to a club cutting corners to make the financials statements look good, and the players don't look interested. Hughes is an average manager at best, and the club needs more than that - but to what ends? So that we can finish 15th instead of 17th? We're not a top half club anymore, no matter who is in charge.

  31. #31

    Default

    Brendan is having a poor season in scotland lets do a job swap

  32. #32

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    West of Fareham
    Posts
    12,513

    Default

    The squad is a mess, think we will struggle whoever is in charge.

  33. #33

    Default

    The team is lacking fitness.
    Remember I said it won’t take Ings long to start becoming sluggish.

  34. #34

    Default

    Newcastle and Benitez want to part company ... he'll do.

  35. #35

    Default

    Ruck in tunnel with Hughes and Ralph. According to sources


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  36. #36

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    16,686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage_Face View Post
    Ruck in tunnel with Hughes and Ralph. According to sources


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  37. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benjii View Post
    Validated on radio Solent


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  38. Default

    Well I was in the "give him a go he kept us up" camp but no longer. To keep selecting players who consistently under-perform makes no sense. Austin , Hoedt, Lemina in particular. If our squad has players who can't do better than these we are in real trouble, and I can see us doing a Sunderland quite easily. Why on earth isn't Yoshi not playing for example, is he turning up drunk to training or something ?
    Every match seems to be 1) we will concede at some point. 2) we probably wont try and score until we concede if at all. 3) If by some miracle we arent losing towards the end of a game we will bottle it.
    Our club has gone backwards in the past 2 years , our much celebrated academy has produced next to nothing and we buy players who should be playing at least one division below PL.
    The way football is at the moment to hand MH a 3 year contract was ludicrous, which will lead to even more money spunked away when the axe falls, cos he aint gonna be here in 3 years thats for sure.
    As to Hughes replacement, its beginning to look like the Mope syndrome - anybody please !

  39. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Seriously whats the point.

    4th time lucky for Leslie? Get rid of Leslie FIRST and then take a look at the squad and team management.

    No point sacking Hughes and allowing Leslie to bring in another useless idiot
    I am with you 100%. No good letting a consistent persistent tosser pick Hughes replacement.
    Could some so called fans start putting up Reed out at St Mary's. I can't physically walk there, cos of the tosspot location. Thank you greedy Rupert the Duck.

  40. #40

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    12,066

    Default

    Give him until Christmas and pull the trigger if we're in the bottom 5.

    Although he deserved to given a chance for keeping us up last season after the shambles thrust upon us in the form of The Clown, it was not a good portent that the manager we appointed to take over from him was the one sacked by the club immediately below us in the table.

  41. #41

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Gotham city
    Posts
    5,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S-Clarke View Post
    Ross Wilson.
    Yup & his partner in crime

  42. #42

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    17,861
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Tender View Post
    Give him until Christmas and pull the trigger if we're in the bottom 5.

    Although he deserved to given a chance for keeping us up last season after the shambles thrust upon us in the form of The Clown, it was not a good portent that the manager we appointed to take over from him was the one sacked by the club immediately below us in the table.
    Nor is it a good portent to prep and play 3 at the back all preseason and then ditch it after only 45 mins.

  43. #43

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    12,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Nor is it a good portent to prep and play 3 at the back all preseason and then ditch it after only 45 mins.
    I quite agree. At the very least for away matches it should be an option

  44. #44

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Camden, London
    Posts
    9,692

    Default

    No confidence in the coaching set up either. Kelvin? Really? Bad times


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  45. #45

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Camden, London
    Posts
    9,692

    Default

    Only good thing is it's easy betting wins


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  46. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage_Face View Post
    No manager can sort this ****e defence out
    Claude could, but he's not available.

  47. #47

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    3,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pilchards View Post
    The team is lacking fitness.
    Remember I said it won’t take Ings long to start becoming sluggish.
    I mentioned it on the match thread: our players look fat.

  48. #48

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    7,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Newcastle and Benitez want to part company ... he'll do.
    The dream. Unfortunately he'd also struggle to sort this mess out

  49. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage_Face View Post
    Ruck in tunnel with Hughes and Ralph. According to sources


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ralph will have been convinced by Les that the players are incredible and Ralph will not be able to understand why they’re not performing. Hughes has a mountain to climb and he’s not good enough to get a team to perform who’ve not done it since Koeman left.

    The rest of the board are clueless. From what I have heard they are all convinced they are brilliant but actually quite crap and out of their depth when it comes down to it. That is why we fail and why we could go down.

  50. #50

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    27,107

    Default

    we have the best midfield in the league. no wonder Ralph is not happy

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •