Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Hughes OUT

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by the saint in winchester View Post
    I would be happy with Lee Johnson, yes. I would rather we went for an up and coming manager in the Championship who wants to prove himself in the Premiership, than a journeyman firefighter who has dome it before and is barely motivated.
    would our prima donnas listen to him though?

Don't see any liklihood that Hughes will be sacked. There would be a huge contract payment to make and the owners are already in debt. We're lumbered with him, as we are with Forster. We used to be told top managers were lining up to come to us, no sign or rumour of anyone now

Not really sure Johnson has done enough so far to warrant a Premier League job, Bristol City are very inconsistent. Hence their mid-table position.

Quote Originally Posted by Super_Uwe View Post
    Not really sure Johnson has done enough so far to warrant a Premier League job, Bristol City are very inconsistent. Hence their mid-table position.
    Johnson is not very popular with fans either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 metres outside the detailed bit on Google Earth

I really don't know enough about the other managers to say much, but those favourites are pretty dire. I'd prefer Rodgers over most of them.

Surely we aren't a bad club for an aspiring club to come to though? We spend enough money, we have players with more potential than they've shown. We have a decent infrastructure and we did well recently enough that our reputation hasn't entirely gone to ****. We just need someone to come in and demand more of the players and stop persisting with those that underperform, until they get the message.

You all wanted Puel out. He went and we got worse. You all wanted Pellegrino out, he went and nothing changed. Getting rid of Hughes is not going to fix things.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellman View Post
    Don't see any liklihood that Hughes will be sacked. There would be a huge contract payment to make and the owners are already in debt. We're lumbered with him, as we are with Forster. We used to be told top managers were lining up to come to us, no sign or rumour of anyone now
    The huge contract payment is still small beer when compared to the loss of revenue that will result from relegation. Parachutes only get you to the ground.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cloggy saint View Post
    You all wanted Puel out. He went and we got worse. You all wanted Pellegrino out, he went and nothing changed. Getting rid of Hughes is not going to fix things.
    Wise words, Cloggy. To be fair, we also want Reed and Kreuger out but that's harder to make happen.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by aintforever View Post
    Bull****, he had a nightmare run in. West Ham was his only poor result.
    Leicester was pretty toss as was Everton. So I stand by the comment that Swansea essentially kept us up by being more crap than we were just at the right time. We wonít keep getting that fortunate.

And it was no more nightmarish than anyone else.

Also, are we to pretend he has had a Ďnightmareí start this season?

Heís now a shi* manager doing a shi* job. And the names being bandied about would be shi* appointments too. If anyone (and Iíve seen Bruce being mentioned today to go along with all the other dinosaurs which is depressing) from our management board are seriously considering any of them then it shows how out of touch they are and how much we are no longer a progressive thinking club.

Quote Originally Posted by the saint in winchester View Post
    Wise words, Cloggy. To be fair, we also want Reed and Kreuger out but that's harder to make happen.
    I don't really understand why we would improve if Reed and Kruger were to leave

I don't really see what is wrong with the squad and why they fail to score so often

Quote Originally Posted by LeG View Post
    I can 100% assure you that there are a lot of players who never backed Hughes! It's not hard to work out who they are.
    Are these the same wan*ers who didnít back Puel and Pellegrino either?

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefScummer View Post
    This link lead me to this, proving there is no guarantee of success no matter how big a name.

Thierry Henry : who'd have thought ?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...ps-reims-loss/

A change is clearly needed. The team needs a kick up the nuts and it just isn't happening under Hughes. No goals from open play in 6 games is a sick joke. And if Hughes goes that means Reed and Wilson have got the last 3 appointments wrong and they surely have to walk as well.
    Last edited by Kingsbridge Saint; 07-11-2018 at 07:22 PM.

A meeting happened, but not this week. Been a few changes this week. Looks like the club really want to win this one.

Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Blog Entries

A meeting happened, but not this week. Been a few changes this week. Looks like the club really want to win this one.
    You'd hope that would be the case every week.

Cryptic. Do you mean the club met a prospective new manager before the City game? Or did the players have a clear the air meeting with Hughes? Or was there a Gao meeting with Reed? I do hope things are in train. And that the changes made are not just cosmetic. Could we have a new captain? I do hope so and that itís Hoj

The only changes I’ve noticed at training this week is the players are having a few 11 a side matches against some red cones.
    Currently the cones are 3-1 up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilchards View Post
    The only changes I’ve noticed at training this week is the players are having a few 11 a side matches against some red cones.
    I'm guessing the 1 we've scored against the cones went in off Jimmy Bollard?! Apologies.
    Last edited by LeBizzier69; 08-11-2018 at 08:48 AM.

20. Default

Apparently been sacked. Guess we'll find out at 2pm.

Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Master Bates View Post
    Apparently been sacked. Guess we'll find out at 2pm.
    Hardly a surprise if true although it should be Reed or Ralph who follow him out the door.

22. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    Hardly a surprise if true although it should be Reed or Ralph who follow him out the door.
    Turns out it was Reed, mate misheard

Quote Originally Posted by Master Bates View Post
    Turns out it was Reed, mate misheard
    It might be both...

Quote Originally Posted by Pilchards View Post
    Joking aside-ish, changes are afoot, I believe the players are training at the stadium (not something they usually do) a few times this week, probably trying to get them acquainted with where the goalposts are.

Quote Originally Posted by 100%Red&White View Post
    Joking aside-ish, changes are afoot, I believe the players are training at the stadium (not something they usually do) a few times this week, probably trying to get them acquainted with where the goalposts are.
    I suppose the atmosphere would still feel the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    It might be both...
    Can't imagine we'd sack Hughes 2 days before a crucial home game. We should have done that on Sunday evening (we should never have offered him a new deal in the summer IMO).

WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!

Quote Originally Posted by supersonic View Post
    Can't imagine we'd sack Hughes 2 days before a crucial home game. We should have done that on Sunday evening (we should never have offered him a new deal in the summer IMO).
    I assume we will have to find a Les replacement now before we can find a Hughes replacement....

28. Default

Hughes distancing himself from the summer signings in an interview with Blackmore...

Quote Originally Posted by Greenridge View Post
    Hughes distancing himself from the summer signings in an interview with Blackmore...
    His typical tactic, did that at stoke.

Think he made that point on Sunday when he named all the summer signings on the bench excluding Danny Ings

Please donít let the useless cretin Hughes try and weasel out of the blame for his appalling management.
    Sack him quickly.

That’ll get them on board before a crucial game. Top man management

33. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SaintZamboni View Post
    That’ll get them on board before a crucial game. Top man management
    They can't get much worse so hopefully this inspires them

Blog Entries

The proverbial monkey and the typewriter would have had a better strike rate in the transfer market than Les since the 2015 summer window. Staggeringly incompetent.

This all sounds worryingly familiar...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ess-Stoke.html

36. Default

It sure does!
    Faulty form, fan friction, defensive dilemmas, suspect recruitment, curious selections ... and that was his time at Stoke. For Stoke, read Saints.
    He has until the end of next month to deliver, IMHO. A new DoF may not even give him that.

Blog Entries

I’m sure every club-manager breakdown has the same characteristics, so it’s not necessarily unique to Hughes.

Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    I’m sure every club-manager breakdown has the same characteristics, so it’s not necessarily unique to Hughes.
    Some of the elements - undoubtedly. All of them - unlikely.

39. Default

Ralph on Hughes future:

@AdamBlackmore: Just spoke with #saintsfc chairman Ralph Krueger, and it included a one word answer:
    - Me: One newspaper ran a story last Saturday saying Hughes would be fired if you lose to Watford tomorrow - is that true?
    - Ralph: No

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Ralph on Hughes future:
    Oh dear Jeff will be off on one again now

Ralph on Hughes future:

Technically correct, it was two papers.

Quote Originally Posted by ALWAYS_SFC View Post
    Oh dear Jeff will be off on one again now
    We should probably sack Hughes for the sake of Jeff's health, I do fear for him at times. Unhinged doesn't cover it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    We should probably sack Hughes for the sake of Jeff's health, I do fear for him at times. Unhinged doesn't cover it.
    You're positioning yourself alongside Always and you're saying I'm unhinged. Isn't it odd how its always you two chatting about me..?

Ralph on Hughes future:
    That could mean he will be sacked after Watford regardless of the result.

I’m hoping they have the new manager lined up and he didn’t want to be told who to buy by Charlton’s worst ever manager, hence the change in structure.

WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!

Quote Originally Posted by aintforever View Post
    That could mean he will be sacked after Watford regardless of the result.

I’m hoping they have the new manager lined up and he didn’t want to be told who to buy by Charlton’s worst ever manager, hence the change in structure.
    Reading Ralphs interview in the echo I think he is safe for now though its Ralph speak so it could mean anything...

This sounds like a long process, does that mean Mark Hughes’ job will be safe for a long period because there is nobody in the role Les occupied to take that decision if it were ever required?

These are the changes we have made and we are very comfortable with the personnel and the staff we have in place and Mark is in the lead in the most visible of all football roles.
    We are expecting a change in performance and a change in results with some minor shifts we have done within the club.
    We are going optimistically into the game against Watford and I think that the energy we needed to make these changes was massive and we have expended that. It’s now about let’s appraise our situation and what do we have and then we make further decisions.
    I have gone through all the leaders of football in the different roles and we have a lot of good people in that environment and we will let them go to work.

Quote Originally Posted by John B View Post
    I don't really understand why we would improve if Reed and Kruger were to leave

I don't really see what is wrong with the squad and why they fail to score so often
    are you trying for a humeruss angle or are you clinically obtuse. Thick canute!

You're positioning yourself alongside Always and you're saying I'm unhinged. Isn't it odd how its always you two chatting about me..?
    Seeing things now jeffery?

Blog Entries

Cut Always some slack. Its been a difficult week for him. He’s obviously in grief and needs to work things out at his own pace.

Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Cut Always some slack. Its been a difficult week for him. He’s obviously in grief and needs to work things out at his own pace.
    Stalking again you are developing a unhealthy, yet very funny fixation with me.... guess its my turn for now but you wll soon chase your other obsession in sadoldgit....

Try getting out more and not just living for this forum... help is out there if you want it

please for the love of god, get rid of him
    and do it over the next 48 hours or so