Hughes OUT

Batman

It's only worth getting rid of Hughes if we can get someone in who is a clear step up. NA was very unlucky to be sacked, but there was no doubting that Pochettino was a clear improvement. Anyone was going to be a step up on Pellegrino.

But unless we can line up someone who is clearly going to be better, then I would stick with Mark Hughes.

In my opinion it's not just the manager but the whole set up,parasite Les a chairman who is rudderless,and owner who has made no statement of intent "In essence a total mother F.U.CK up

We've sold every real jewel we had and replaced it with costume jewellery, that looked OK when we signed it but isn't worth anything like what we once had. We needed a good transfer window in the summer - we signed a player that can't get into our defence (Vestergaard), a player that should be a goal-scoring midfielder that hasn't yet barely played let alone scored (Armstrong), a player that has shown no creativity whatsoever despite that being his job (Elyounoussi) and signed a very good young goalkeeper for a lot of money that can't even get a look in. The only minor hit we have had is Ings, and even he was a risk with his injury record.

Hughes does need to go - if those weren't the players he wanted in the summer, then he should have put his foot down. If those ARE the players he wanted in the summer, then he should be playing them. It's a shambles. I don't fully blame Hughes, you have to look above him to see where the problems are, but something drastic needs to be done and fast. We are spiralling towards relegation, and have learned seemingly none of the lessons of last season. We have no creativity, we have no pace, we cannot defend against decent players and we have no confidence, especially at home. Something needs to change and fast, and Hughes is the obvious short term candidate, much as I supported his appointment in the summer.

We've had 4 years of poor transfer windows - Koeman's first in 2014 was the last truly decent one that we signed mostly good players, and there is the crux. We have potentially one window left before we head to the Championship and we need to make it count if we want to stay in this league - or otherwise we might as well prepare early for the Championship.

Reed sacked MP at the perfect time last year. I have complete faith that he will do the same with Hughes, when the time is right.

Reed and co courted disaster last season by leaving it so late, resorting to pretty much the only fairly competent option available at that late juncture.

That is correct. Reeds timing is impeccable. When everyone else is losing their head, Les remains calm and relaxed.

Les will do what Les does best, dither, dither, and dither again, until March. Perhaps throw in a catastrophic signing in January that Wilson is currently working on.

A silent owner, a bumbling chairman, a clueless whatever Reed is and a dinosaur manager... Hello Championship football

And then welcome League One, and even lower. It’s got even harder in the Championship since we were last year.

Saints fans - the only way you will get change is to boycott home games and attend away games only. It did for Branfoot, did for Lowe/Wilde and will do for this lot.

Hughes does need to go - if those weren't the players he wanted in the summer, then he should have put his foot down. If those ARE the players he wanted in the summer, then he should be playing them. It's a shambles.

We are told that transfer decisions are decided by Reed, Wilson and Hughes. Does Hughes have a veto or is he probably just 1 vote of 3 votes? If Hughes really really wanted the summer purchases, he would be playing them week after week. Today his starting 11 had none of the summer purchases and 1 Loan (Ings).

He has to go if we don’t beat Watford. With the international break it’s the perfect time to change manager.

I have little confidence in the clowns at our club being that decisive or getting the replacement right. It’s just been bad decision followed by bad decision for a while now, just a matter of time before we go down even if we stay up this year.

He has to go if we don’t beat Watford. With the international break it’s the perfect time to change manager.

I have little confidence in the clowns at our club being that decisive or getting the replacement right. It’s just been bad decision followed by bad decision for a while now, just a matter of time before we go down even if we stay up this year.

I certainly don’t have faith in Les and co getting this right, but I’d get rid of him now rather than wait until Watford. We had this problem last season- just when it seemed that Pellegrino could go on no longer, Saints eked out a battling draw that amounted to a stay of execution for the manager, and things dragged on past the end of the January transfer window. Saints could well play better against Watford (it’s hard to play worse than today), and Hughes and his coaching staff could earn a stay of execution and stumble on towards another low. Hughes has a terrible record with Saints. It’s worse than the woeful Pellegrino. It’s not getting better. He should go now.

He won’t go now.

Hughes and Reed will get sacked within days of each other.

I started losing confidence in Hughes when he cost us points with his nonsensically substitutions against Brighton.

He isn’t great, and the players aren’t improving with the training.

Shame really. I thought he improved us last season and gave the club a lift. We aren’t much better now than last season.

It’s going to be one manager sacking too many for Les to survive. He’s gone.

Hughes and Reed will get sacked within days of each other.

I started losing confidence in Hughes when he cost us points with his nonsensically substitutions against Brighton.

He isn’t great, and the players aren’t improving with the training.

Shame really. I thought he improved us last season and gave the club a lift. We aren’t much better now than last season.

It’s going to be one manager sacking too many for Les to survive. He’s gone.

Les Reed should've gone last season, instead he got a promotion FFS!!

The only hope is for someone to take over his current roles and responsibilities but I can't see him leaving the club totally.

The real problems will start with relegation when Gao realises that the club that he has borrowed loads of money to buy has suddenly plummeted in value. Guess where the parachute money will go. Then the only way will be down.

The only hope is that we somehow survive this season and then there is a management clear out and Kruger and Reed go. But I can't see that happening. And having come round to the view that Hughes has to go, I really dont know who we could get to come here that would improve things.

Think that things are about to get really messy.

Changing manager is only delaying the inventible. The problem is and will always stem from the top. The recruitment team have sold us up a river once more.

Summer signings - Vesterguard, Armstrong, Gunn, Moi - all bench players. Expensive £20m/15m players from previous windows out on loan. Expensive 15m Italian strikers not in the squad. Paying £15m for Wesley Hoedt. Giving Forster a ridiculous contract, not even in squad’s nowadays. Do I need to go on?

The problem is the recruitment and frankly absurd squad management. Just thinking about how we have managed to **** away the fortune we have got in transfer fees over the last two years just makes me so depressed.

Changing manager is only delaying the inventible. The problem is and will always stem from the top. The recruitment team have sold us up a river once more.

Summer signings - Vesterguard, Armstrong, Gunn, Moi - all bench players. Expensive £20m/15m players from previous windows out on loan. Expensive 15m Italian strikers not in the squad. Paying £15m for Wesley Hoedt. Giving Forster a ridiculous contract, not even in squad’s nowadays. Do I need to go on?

The problem is the recruitment and frankly absurd squad management. Just thinking about how we have managed to **** away the fortune we have got in transfer fees over the last two years just makes me so depressed.

Fair points

Gunn

Carrillo

Boufal

Gabbiadini

Vestergaard

Mo

Armstrong

All adds ups to a decent amount and none start for us

This

Good post. The Gunn transfer is looking more and more pointless given our deficiencies in other outfield areas that haven’t been addressed, and especially when we couldn’t move Forster and his ridiculous wages on.

It also shows how our board has become totally absorbed by generating profit on players with potential as opposed to buying proven quality to improve the first team - you only have to look at our readiness to flog Lambert, Pelle and Fonte to see that the boards obsession with resale value is being prioritised over experience, leadership and the affection of fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you or I had made so many mistakes in the same period, we'd be sacked. People should be losing their jobs over this.

If you or I had made so many mistakes in the same period, we'd be sacked. People should be losing their jobs over this.
When we get relegated lots of people probably will lose their jobs, unfortunately it will be the wrong people.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

When we get relegated lots of people probably will lose their jobs, unfortunately it will be the wrong people.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Yep. They were all set to absolutely gut the saints foundation last season when it looked like we were getting relegated. Incredibly sad for all the people who do such a good job there if we go down this season.

The numbers speak for themselves

Win %

Adkins 22.7%

Poch 35.2%

Koeman 47.4%

Puel 31.6%

MoPe 16.7%

Hughes 15.8%

Pts/game

Adkins 1.00

Poch 1.39

Koeman 1.62

Puel 1.21

MoPe 0.93

Hughes 0.79

Goals scored/game

Adkins 1.36

Poch 1.35

Koeman 1.49

Puel 1.08

MoPe 0.97

Hughes 0.79

Goals conceded/game

Adkins 1.82

Poch 1.22

Koeman 0.97

Puel 1.26

MoPe 1.47

Hughes 1.68

Win %

Adkins 22.7%

Poch 35.2%

Koeman 47.4%

Puel 31.6%

MoPe 16.7%

Hughes 15.8%

Pts/game

Adkins 1.00

Poch 1.39

Koeman 1.62

Puel 1.21

MoPe 0.93

Hughes 0.79

Goals scored/game

Adkins 1.36

Poch 1.35

Koeman 1.49

Puel 1.08

MoPe 0.97

Hughes 0.79

Goals conceded/game

Adkins 1.82

Poch 1.22

Koeman 0.97

Puel 1.26

MoPe 1.47

Hughes 1.68

And not beating a poor Newcastle team at home proves that this record is going to get worse.

Strachan is now favourite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No he’s not

Probably unlikely but

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-celtic-boss-gordon-strachan-13534787

Certainly wouldn't be the solution for me and maybe seen as another 'dinosaur' for the 'modern' game. He just falls into the Hughes/BFS/Warnock/Bruce category.

Strachan would be brilliant. He wouldn't take the **** that Krueger spouts

How do you know?....................if your paid enough to be stiffled in thought and deed no amount of fan bluster will allow a paid manager to go against the boss above.

Strachan would be brilliant. He wouldn't take the **** that Krueger spouts
I disagree with almost every single football related post your write.

Hughes needs to go, but Strachan is just a like for like dinosaur manager.

The worst thing about Hughes is his lack of a consistent, visible tactical plan. Strachan would be the same.

We need someone younger with a bit of energy and an actual playing philosophy. (Not getting Marco Silva instead of Pellegrino was a big error).

Puel £6m payout

Pellegrino £6m payout

Hughes £6m payout

Eventually it's probably cheaper to just get relegated

Although we didn't actually pay them off in a lump sum, it's very rarely done in football nowadays.

What tends to happen is that clubs agree with the manager that they pay their wages until they find another position, I'm fairly confident we are no longer paying Puel or Pellegrino.

It's also why a lot of managers don't rush back into getting jobs.

Win %

Adkins 22.7%

Poch 35.2%

Koeman 47.4%

Puel 31.6%

MoPe 16.7%

Hughes 15.8%

Pts/game

Adkins 1.00

Poch 1.39

Koeman 1.62

Puel 1.21

MoPe 0.93

Hughes 0.79

Goals scored/game

Adkins 1.36

Poch 1.35

Koeman 1.49

Puel 1.08

MoPe 0.97

Hughes 0.79

Goals conceded/game

Adkins 1.82

Poch 1.22

Koeman 0.97

Puel 1.26

MoPe 1.47

Hughes 1.68

If I "reed" that correctly...Koeman coming out on top on all counts...I suspect the problem Koeman had was with Les Reed...they just didn't get on? Why otherwise would he have gone to Everton? Hughes appointment looking at his track record, was a case of what was available at the given time? MoPe was well out of his depth. Yesterdays hiding does not bode well for the rest of the season. There will likely be no signings again in January.

Win %

Adkins 22.7%

Poch 35.2%

Koeman 47.4%

Puel 31.6%

MoPe 16.7%

Hughes 15.8%

Pts/game

Adkins 1.00

Poch 1.39

Koeman 1.62

Puel 1.21

MoPe 0.93

Hughes 0.79

Goals scored/game

Adkins 1.36

Poch 1.35

Koeman 1.49

Puel 1.08

MoPe 0.97

Hughes 0.79

Goals conceded/game

Adkins 1.82

Poch 1.22

Koeman 0.97

Puel 1.26

MoPe 1.47

Hughes 1.68

If I "reed" that correctly...Koeman coming out on top on all counts...I suspect the problem Koeman had was with Les Reed...they just didn't get on? Why otherwise would he have gone to Everton? Hughes appointment looking at his track record, was a case of what was available at the given time? MoPe was well out of his depth. Yesterdays hiding does not bode well for the rest of the season. There will likely be no signings again in January.

As much a have fond memories of WGS, it's a no from me. We don't need someone who is just going shout. We need a manager with a plan that the players will actually buy into. Some sort of style that is exciting. For me it's Brendan Rodgers but I can't see it.

If we learned anything from last year then it is to not leave it too late. Hughes has had enough time to make his mark and none of us are seeing any improvement; it's not too late, yet.

Next Manager odds ( per Paddy Power)

Moyes 7/2

Allardyce 6

Rodgers 7

Martin O'Neill 7

Pardew 10

Michael O'Neill 10

Martinez 12

Van Gaal 12

Strachan 16

Hiddink 20

Klinsmann 20