Hughes OUT

Batman

No doubt I will get stick for this. But he is horrendous.

only marginally better than the clown last season.

teams do not even need to play remotely well to beat us.

We concede so many goals yet sticks by a clown in defence (hoedt)

Had made Long (shane, f-ing long) and integral part of the side.

Cant defend a set piece, or anything.

utterly woeful.

Yet, I have even less faith in Ralph and les doing anything positive

Edited by Batman

Said in the summer we should be looking at an up and coming manager to come in and shake things up. We should have thanked Hughes for last season and moved on. But no we give him a three year deal. Just so we can give him a bumper payout when the inevitable sacking happens. He doesn't have the tactical nous to adapt our obvious shortcomings and our fitness seems to be getting worse and worse.

No chance he'll be going soon.

My only complaint with him is persisting with the same failing defence week in week out when we have other options.

And persisting with Austin who looks way way off the pace.

then goes onto name two complaints :mcinnes:

What's that then 3 PL wins from 15-16 under Hughes?

Can see why he has been sacked at basically every job he has had. Not all his fault at all but he really is someone from an era that is long gone.

His tactics and team selections are total ****. He can't influence games and keeps picking people who are woefully out of form. Austin has done **** all this season but get's picked ahead of others. Our defence is atrocious but persists with the same set-up/players.

He has not changed anything. Even Mopo2 had more wins in his first 15 PL games and that is saying something!

What's that then 3 PL wins from 15-16 under Hughes?

Can see why he has been sacked at basically every job he has had. Not all his fault at all but he really is someone from an era that is long gone.

His tactics and team selections are total ****. He can't influence games and keeps picking people who are woefully out of form. Austin has done **** all this season but get's picked ahead of others. Our defence is atrocious but persists with the same set-up/players.

He has not changed anything. Even Mopo2 had more wins in his first 15 PL games and that is saying something!

3 in the last 30 games in total

So basically, everyone else out before this horrificly unlikeable unprofessional wastes of space, footballers? When do they start getting the blame?

Hojberg, Cedric, Lemina, Austin, Hoedt, Long, Gabbiadini. Absolute trash and the primary reason we are where we are and have been for 2 years.

Recruitment ****, players not suited to eachother, rubbish mentalities. We can go though as many managers as we like but that ain’t changing.

So basically, everyone else out before this horrificly unlikeable unprofessional wastes of space, footballers? When do they start getting the blame?

Hojberg, Cedric, Lemina, Austin, Hoedt, Long, Gabbiadini. Absolute trash and the primary reason we are where we are and have been for 2 years.

Recruitment ****, players not suited to eachother, rubbish mentalities. We can go though as many managers as we like but that ain’t changing.

And what's the common link with all these player appointments?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

No doubt I will get stick for this. But he is horrendous.

only marginally better than the clown last season.

teams do not even need to play remotely well to beat us.

We concede so many goals yet sticks by a clown in defence (hoedt)

Had made Long (shane, f-ing long) and integral part of the side.

Cant defend a set piece, or anything.

utterly woeful.

Yet, I have even less faith in Ralph and les doing anything positive

Knee-jerk.

Exactly, the players are the problem. We can debate Hughes's tactics and the team selection was poor, but if the players don't turn up then there's not a lot you can do.

I haven't watched many games this season, so I've been reluctant to be outspoken one way or the other.

My issue is that I don't think Hughes is THE problem, but I certainly don't think he helps the situation. I'm not even sure the defence was the main problem today.

I said before the game that the starting XI always leave me thinking "well I hope he proves me wrong", so I think team selection is a legitimate complaint after a tepid performance and defeat. The concerning thing for me is that he seems committed to these players and systems which aren't working, compared to last season where he was prepared to change things, either game to game or mid-match (which was one of the biggest changes from MP).

But I can't help but think the board/scouting department have once again failed to bolster the squad sufficiently (because we needed it), everything points to a club cutting corners to make the financials statements look good, and the players don't look interested. Hughes is an average manager at best, and the club needs more than that - but to what ends? So that we can finish 15th instead of 17th? We're not a top half club anymore, no matter who is in charge.

Well I was in the "give him a go he kept us up" camp but no longer. To keep selecting players who consistently under-perform makes no sense. Austin , Hoedt, Lemina in particular. If our squad has players who can't do better than these we are in real trouble, and I can see us doing a Sunderland quite easily. Why on earth isn't Yoshi not playing for example, is he turning up drunk to training or something ?

Every match seems to be 1) we will concede at some point. 2) we probably wont try and score until we concede if at all. 3) If by some miracle we arent losing towards the end of a game we will bottle it.

Our club has gone backwards in the past 2 years , our much celebrated academy has produced next to nothing and we buy players who should be playing at least one division below PL.

The way football is at the moment to hand MH a 3 year contract was ludicrous, which will lead to even more money spunked away when the axe falls, cos he aint gonna be here in 3 years thats for sure.

As to Hughes replacement, its beginning to look like the Mope syndrome - anybody please !

Seriously whats the point.

4th time lucky for Leslie? Get rid of Leslie FIRST and then take a look at the squad and team management.

No point sacking Hughes and allowing Leslie to bring in another useless idiot

I am with you 100%. No good letting a consistent persistent tosser pick Hughes replacement.

Could some so called fans start putting up Reed out at St Mary's. I can't physically walk there, cos of the tosspot location. Thank you greedy Rupert the Duck.

Give him until Christmas and pull the trigger if we're in the bottom 5.

Although he deserved to given a chance for keeping us up last season after the shambles thrust upon us in the form of The Clown, it was not a good portent that the manager we appointed to take over from him was the one sacked by the club immediately below us in the table.

Give him until Christmas and pull the trigger if we're in the bottom 5.

Although he deserved to given a chance for keeping us up last season after the shambles thrust upon us in the form of The Clown, it was not a good portent that the manager we appointed to take over from him was the one sacked by the club immediately below us in the table.

Nor is it a good portent to prep and play 3 at the back all preseason and then ditch it after only 45 mins.

Ruck in tunnel with Hughes and Ralph. According to sources

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ralph will have been convinced by Les that the players are incredible and Ralph will not be able to understand why they’re not performing. Hughes has a mountain to climb and he’s not good enough to get a team to perform who’ve not done it since Koeman left.

The rest of the board are clueless. From what I have heard they are all convinced they are brilliant but actually quite crap and out of their depth when it comes down to it. That is why we fail and why we could go down.