Hughes OUT

Batman

1. It's an admission that our ambitions have been reduced to emergency survival desperation based around 'parking the bus, eking out turgid defensive stalemates and building a team of largely journeymen 'big body' hardmen whose primary goal is not to lose...and to break other teams best players legs

2. It would be a lost opportunity to get us moving in the right direction for the long term...hopefully with a young, inspiring manager who can rebuild our squad building on the four of rive decent players we have

3. It means the end at any attempts of creative, entertaining football...if he were hired and he did keep us up...what next? Would we keep playing the Allardyce way and resign ourselves to incredibly dull mid-table mediocrity at best

4. He's the past not the future...we've got to move forward

5. He's a crook

6. I can't stand his chewing on gum the whole time

Of course I don't want to us to get relegated...but I'd rather have a season in the Championship rebuilding an exciting, attacking team with spirit and playing entertaining football than desperately clinging on in the premiership as the most hated team in the league

1. It's an admission that our ambitions have been reduced to emergency survival desperation based around 'parking the bus, eking out turgid defensive stalemates and building a team of largely journeymen 'big body' hardmen whose primary goal is not to lose...and to break other teams best players legs

2. It would be a lost opportunity to get us moving in the right direction for the long term...hopefully with a young, inspiring manager who can rebuild our squad building on the four of rive decent players we have

3. It means the end at any attempts of creative, entertaining football...if he were hired and he did keep us up...what next? Would we keep playing the Allardyce way and resign ourselves to incredibly dull mid-table mediocrity at best

5. He's a crook

Of course I don't want to us to get relegated...but I'd rather have a season in the Championship rebuilding an exciting, attacking team with spirit and playing entertaining football than desperately clinging on in the premiership as the most hated team in the league

Like Leeds did?

it wont be. Financially we will be ****ed. Our wage bll is what £120m? £40m parachute payment wont cover that. A very good chance of another meltdown and ten years or more of ****eness. We need to stay up by our teeth and hope the next transfer window is amazing, followed by another and another.

This. Unless by some miracle there's another Markus waiting in the wings, we'll be truly ****ed if we go down.

How I envy North American professional sports: no relegation even if you finish bottom or near bottom, and instead you are rewarded with a top draft pick.

This. Unless by some miracle there's another Markus waiting in the wings, we'll be truly ****ed if we go down.

How I envy North American professional sports: no relegation even if you finish bottom or near bottom, and instead you are rewarded with a top draft pick.

Eat you agree with the banning of sports day as nobody needs to have that losing feeling.

5. He's a crook

You think it would be just a season in the Championship? Really? What makes you think this amazing coach you don't name would turn it around?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very interesting comments from Soares. Clearly there is a mentality/confidence issue, something has to change.
Yes. Been obvious for some time that there's enormous mental fragility. We've forgotten how to win and it's clearly very frustrating.

We are actually playing some decent football but failing at key moments, both in attack and defence. It's tempting to put it down to bad luck, but it's effort, determination and grit. Better fitness would be a good starting point.

As someone once said, the harder I work, the luckier I get.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

It's not hard luck. We've lead 11 out of 14 games and only won 1. That is a clear pattern of play, we can't hold on to a lead and we need someone else in charge who can make these goofs believe in themselves a bit and show some mettle.

Hughes has had as many games as Pelligrino and is doing worse. No lessons have been learned and we are doomed. We have a board with zero football experience and the worst Saints performing manager we've had. It baffles and infuriates me that nothing is being done. It's so obvious that a better manager could get something out of this lot.

Listening to Adam Leitch on the Echo podcast and it seems basically that we havent got the money to get rid of Hughes anyway.

Reed has so much to answer for. all those massive contracts and poor recruitment. All Marcus work thrown away.

You were warned. Hate to play the "I told u so" card but.....

Yes. Been obvious for some time that there's enormous mental fragility. We've forgotten how to win and it's clearly very frustrating.

We are actually playing some decent football but failing at key moments, both in attack and defence. It's tempting to put it down to bad luck, but it's effort, determination and grit. Better fitness would be a good starting point.

As someone once said, the harder I work, the luckier I get.

It's not hard luck. We've lead 11 out of 14 games and only won 1. That is a clear pattern of play, we can't hold on to a lead and we need someone else in charge who can make these goofs believe in themselves a bit and show some mettle.

Hughes has had as many games as Pelligrino and is doing worse. No lessons have been learned and we are doomed. We have a board with zero football experience and the worst Saints performing manager we've had. It baffles and infuriates me that nothing is being done. It's so obvious that a better manager could get something out of this lot.

These are both correct.

Our squad is quite ropey in a lot of areas but it's still quite good compared to rubbish like Cardiff, Newcastle, Huddersfield, Fulham, Burnley etc.

Listening to Adam Leitch on the Echo podcast and it seems basically that we havent got the money to get rid of Hughes anyway.

Reed has so much to answer for. all those massive contracts and poor recruitment. All Marcus work thrown away.

Which begs the question, where has the money gone and why did Kat sell 80% to someone without a pot to **** in

I'm agreeing with you: it's tempting to put it down to bad luck, but you're right - it's not that (except when good goals are disallowed). And teams with the right attitude bounce back from bad luck.

Or Sunderland? Or Wigan? Or Charlton? Or Blackpool?

Yes, the point is the majority of relegated clubs take a long time to recover and come back up again. West Brom are an exception. They only went down because they appointed the awful Pardew and then left it until April, far too late, to replace him with Darren Moore. Their form under Moore at the end of last season was excellent, in fact among the best in the league, with a five match unbeaten run in which they beat Man United and Spurs and drew with Liverpool, showing that they were a decent team, and so, unsurprisingly, Moore has continued to get good results from them this season. Another factor is that they have the key player you need to get promoted, a goal scorer, in Jay Rodriguez. We haven't got one.

I really hope we don't get relegated because I don't think it will be a miracle cure for all the club's woes. It is more likely to be a repeat of what happened the last time we were relegated.

Why on earth do you think she cares about who she sold to, given that he was the only chump perpared to stump up £210m for 80%?

Would like to have thought there was some sentiment there given it was her dad's. Also, if she didn't care it would have been 100%

if he isn't going after 1 point from Watford and Fulham, then he aint going anywhere.

Fasten your seat belts. Rocky ride ahead.

added to that, 1 point from two games we took the lead in against Fulham and Watford.

The fact he still picks Hoedt is bemusing, the fact Hughes is still here is a mockery.

We'll go and fluke a win tomorrow and that'll give him another 3 months.

Would like to have thought there was some sentiment there given it was her dad's. Also, if she didn't care it would have been 100%

What if he could only cobble together enough money for 80%? May as well keep 20% if you can find someone willing to let you.

FWIW Guys I think we are in way more trouble than even we all can imagine , beyond being odds on for relegation if we keep hughes in charge and maybe even if we change manager at this point . More worrying is the thought we do not have the funds to sack him .....add to that Reed and Hunter have just been removed from the payroll and not replaced it all looks very dark .

If we cant afford to pay off Hughes then we wont be buying anyone in January , and selling Tadic feels like last gasp finding money down the back off the sofa stuff .....we are already commited to pay liverpool 20m in the summer for Ings and I wouldnt expect that to be easy to find let alone more .

How far have we fallen ....very very sad , rocky ride to come I fear

FWIW Guys I think we are in way more trouble than even we all can imagine , beyond being odds on for relegation if we keep hughes in charge and maybe even if we change manager at this point . More worrying is the thought we do not have the funds to sack him .....add to that Reed and Hunter have just been removed from the payroll and not replaced it all looks very dark .

If we cant afford to pay off Hughes then we wont be buying anyone in January , and selling Tadic feels like last gasp finding money down the back off the sofa stuff .....we are already commited to pay liverpool 20m in the summer for Ings and I wouldnt expect that to be easy to find let alone more .

Ralph already said we weren't buying anyone in january so it's not really a surprise is it.

True. The really upsetting thing is it is all self inflicted. We have scored one own goal after another. Off the field leadership has been worse than on the field performance. I still believe this squad is a mile better than its league position suggests and I don't blame on field as much as off field

How on earth would we not have any money? Just how much are we paying the staff behind the scenes? Every other team (even those without a billionaire owner) have cash so why wouldn't we after seasons of massive transfer profits and all the TV money? I know we have given silly big contract extensions to players like Forster, Stephens and a host of the other young guns from a few years ago, but surely that doesnt mean we are worse off than clubs like Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Cardiff?