Hughes OUT

Batman

How on earth would we not have any money? Just how much are we paying the staff behind the scenes? Every other team (even those without a billionaire owner) have cash so why wouldn't we after seasons of massive transfer profits and all the TV money? I know we have given silly big contract extensions to players like Forster, Stephens and a host of the other young guns from a few years ago, but surely that doesnt mean we are worse off than clubs like Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Cardiff?

Have you seen the size of Bournemouth, Huddersfield and Cardiff wage bills compared with ours? Can't remember exactly but I think we're paying about four times as much. Remember Carrillo, Boufal, Forster and others on loan. Plus payoff for Pellegrino, of course.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

How on earth would we not have any money? Just how much are we paying the staff behind the scenes? Every other team (even those without a billionaire owner) have cash so why wouldn't we after seasons of massive transfer profits and all the TV money? I know we have given silly big contract extensions to players like Forster, Stephens and a host of the other young guns from a few years ago, but surely that doesnt mean we are worse off than clubs like Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Cardiff?

Our wage bill is big. Forster is on obscene money for a 3rd choice keeper, Stephens is on about 40-50k apparently and hes what, 4th choice? Carillo, Boufal, Clasie probably all on a chunk and dont even play in the same country. Even Harry Reed is on 30k a week ffs. We pay average players stupid money and most of them aren't even near the first 11.

Yup, there'd normally be a manager's interview of some sorts on the OS or twitter page but there's nothing, just comments from Armstrong.

I think he's gone. Gut feeling.

There were comments on the BBC website from him this morning, which I assume were from a presser. Something along the lines that pressure from fans and journalists doesn't bother him.

There were comments on the BBC website from him this morning, which I assume were from a presser. Something along the lines that pressure from fans and journalists doesn't bother him.

I think that was from the post-match interview on Saturday, because he was quoted saying similar in yesterday's newspaper reports.

Have you seen the size of Bournemouth, Huddersfield and Cardiff wage bills compared with ours? Can't remember exactly but I think we're paying about four times as much. Remember Carrillo, Boufal, Forster and others on loan. Plus payoff for Pellegrino, of course.

plus 200m at 6pc to mcquarrie

right now you could tell me Arsne Wenger was in the running for the job and i wouldn't be excited......nothing about Saints excites me anymore, the whole club is thoroughly depressing!

Same here. Used to wake up excited on a Saturday ready to watch my heroes. Now I find myself looking at my watch and thinking, "in a few hours I'm going to be thoroughly ****ed off".

Southampton, 18º classificado da Premier League, estará interessado na contratação de Paulo Sousa para o comando técnico da equipa que não ganha um jogo para o campeonato desde 1 de setembro.

Whatever that means

Google translate says: Southampton, ranked 18th in the Premier League, will be interested in hiring Paulo Sousa for the team's technical command who has not won a game for the league since Sept. 1.

Presumably it's Saints that haven't won since Sept 1st (vs Palace) and not Paulo Sousa.

Our wage bill is big. Forster is on obscene money for a 3rd choice keeper, Stephens is on about 40-50k apparently and hes what, 4th choice? Carillo, Boufal, Clasie probably all on a chunk and dont even play in the same country. Even Harry Reed is on 30k a week ffs. We pay average players stupid money and most of them aren't even near the first 11.

Remember when at the fans forum, Les answered a question that it was not our model to sign £25m players and pay them accordingly.

But give lots of very average players huge deals apparently is

Or Sunderland? Or Wigan? Or Charlton? Or Blackpool?

Sunderland are doing ok. Loads of others in and around. Villa back

Depends on your mindset. This place is full of doom ridden depressives who couldn’t enjoy it when we were riding high. No doubt relegation would without doubt lead to a winding up order within a few years.

Depends on your mindset. This place is full of doom ridden depressives who couldn’t enjoy it when we were riding high. No doubt relegation would without doubt lead to a winding up order within a few years.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't mind relegation really. I had a great time at away games even when we were rubbish. I just think it's a lot more likely we would be down there forages than bounce straight back. It's also the likes of the ticket people and the saints foundation people I feel sorry for as relegation will affect thrm most of all.

Look fd to Boscombe passing the buckets round. Maybe if we go down twice they will let their yoof come on loan to us?

Having wasted money on sacking managers is a reason to get this one right, not scrimp initially and just end up sacking someone else next season.

It'll either be relegation, or survival then another sacking early next season if we go for one of the merry-go-round crappy negative appointments like Allardyce or Moyes. It wastes players potential, and we've done that far too much already. Already with Hughes we had Boufal and Carrillo immediate cast aside and whatever you think of them, the people playing instead have been awful.

I've no interest in new signings. The squad needs the opposite. Someone to come in and actually get something out these players. To get Vesterguard settled in, to make Lemina the player he can be, to get Redmond, Elyounoissi and JWP actually creating for Ings, Gabbiadini, Gallagher and Obafemi, and to get Bertrand and Cedric back to what they were. A midfield three of Hojbjerg, Lemina and Armstrong is decent, it just needs time together.

Yes the squad isn't what is was under Koeman, but on form and with decent management it can still be mid-table, we're only talking 40-45 points for that it still involves losing a lot of games.

Get rid of one of the underperforming CBs, Forster, Davis, Long, Austin. Agree deals to sell Boufal and Carrillo early if necessary. There's plenty of money can be freed up in wages there. Even Romeu, who I like could be sold. We have options there and he's lost form. If he went and we got Reed back to provide the competition instead next season I'd be happy with it. The whole point was supposed to be using young players to provide that competition, not having a bloated overpaid squad. Yet all anyone seems to demand is endless signings. We could have just had Sims, Reed, Gallagher, Obafemi, Stephens all involved regular and never signed Boufal, Carrillo, Hoedt. We wouldn't be worse off on the pitch given how awful we've been.

I can't disagree with any of that.

Having wasted money on sacking managers is a reason to get this one right, not scrimp initially and just end up sacking someone else next season.

It'll either be relegation, or survival then another sacking early next season if we go for one of the merry-go-round crappy negative appointments like Allardyce or Moyes. It wastes players potential, and we've done that far too much already. Already with Hughes we had Boufal and Carrillo immediate cast aside and whatever you think of them, the people playing instead have been awful.

I've no interest in new signings. The squad needs the opposite. Someone to come in and actually get something out these players. To get Vesterguard settled in, to make Lemina the player he can be, to get Redmond, Elyounoissi and JWP actually creating for Ings, Gabbiadini, Gallagher and Obafemi, and to get Bertrand and Cedric back to what they were. A midfield three of Hojbjerg, Lemina and Armstrong is decent, it just needs time together.

Yes the squad isn't what is was under Koeman, but on form and with decent management it can still be mid-table, we're only talking 40-45 points for that it still involves losing a lot of games.

Get rid of one of the underperforming CBs, Forster, Davis, Long, Austin. Agree deals to sell Boufal and Carrillo early if necessary. There's plenty of money can be freed up in wages there. Even Romeu, who I like could be sold. We have options there and he's lost form. If he went and we got Reed back to provide the competition instead next season I'd be happy with it. The whole point was supposed to be using young players to provide that competition, not having a bloated overpaid squad. Yet all anyone seems to demand is endless signings. We could have just had Sims, Reed, Gallagher, Obafemi, Stephens all involved regular and never signed Boufal, Carrillo, Hoedt. We wouldn't be worse off on the pitch given how awful we've been.

Great post!

Vestegaard had some good stats that were put on here on signing, so looked a good recruit with experience in a strong league. Like many others it looks as if any natural ability has been coached out of him, and he' s left lacking in confidence.

the fact he was a donkey slow fourth or fifth choice CB for Denmark never inspired me. OK for championship, but at this level you need pace AND power.

Very interesting comments from Soares. Clearly there is a mentality/confidence issue, something has to change.

yes, it was personnel, during the summer, especially at the back, but we signed Vestagaard and he has been deemed not good enough by Hughes to mark a relatively stationary striker like Mitrovic.

We definitely have a bloated squad, and we absolutely need to get rid of players in January.

to who? We could not give Forster away this summer. No one will pay a fee for these players in January. Even shopping them out on loan we will have to pay a huge chunk of their wages, as we are with Carrilo and Boufal. It could take three years (if we somehow survive) to flush this much **** out of the system. This summer was the last chance, but at this moment in time we appear to have failed to address our issues at the back. Maybe in time...

David Moyes at the Burnley Newcastle game. Scouting our rivals for when he takes over at St Mary's? (Obvs hope not)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bizarre if not loony that you would welcome Fat Sam but not Moyes... same dull style

How on earth come Hughes is still be here today...... madness!! We need a change

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

to who? We could not give Forster away this summer. No one will pay a fee for these players in January. Even shopping them out on loan we will have to pay a huge chunk of their wages, as we are with Carrilo and Boufal. It could take three years (if we somehow survive) to flush this much **** out of the system. This summer was the last chance, but at this moment in time we appear to have failed to address our issues at the back. Maybe in time...

It would help to have a coach who didn't want a massively bloated squad.

It would help to have a coach who didn't want a massively bloated squad.
I'm not sure he wanted a bloated squad. Most people agreed we needed Tadic, Boufal, Forster replacements in the summer, plus a tall CB and a striker who could score.

We got all those (albeit maybe not as good as we might have hoped). The problem was failing to offload anyone bar Tadic.

When we're successful, teams clamour to buy from us. It's a different story when we've scraped survival.

Vestergaard was playing the Champions league the year before last, he was a regular at a good club in the Bundesliga, can't have turned into a terrible player over night, he's barely had a chance and only got that chance pretty much playing in a back 3 we spent all pre-season playing and then abandoned, he's been mismanaged by a bad manager and come into a team that is terribly low on confidence and all over the place defensively.

Vestergaard was playing the Champions league the year before last, he was a regular at a good club in the Bundesliga, can't have turned into a terrible player over night, he's barely had a chance and only got that chance pretty much playing in a back 3 we spent all pre-season playing and then abandoned, he's been mismanaged by a bad manager and come into a team that is terribly low on confidence and all over the place defensively.
I hope you're right, but I worry about his lack of pace. Would be interesting to see him paired with anyone but Hoedt.

I hope you're right, but I worry about his lack of pace. Would be interesting to see him paired with anyone but Hoedt.

The goals we generally concede are from a lack of marking and awareness rather than be done by pace.

Back on topic, why the **** is MH still here....