Hughes OUT

Batman

Exactly - by my reckoning, in his 8 league games at the end of last season MH acheived 8 points, that is the same total as MoPe gained from the preceding 8 matches. This season he has managed to actually reduce his points per game tally. We only stayed up because luckily we had a match against a team that was somehow playing worse than us.

We’re **** this season but to say Hughes didn’t do well last season is complete garbage, he only had one bad result and that was West Ham away.

:lol::lol::lol:

There is just so much fail everytime you post - it's probably why you're so unpopular on here.

Just ignore him mate. I have him on ignore and so do others

He's a skate troll.

Ignore him and he eventually moves on to others. Mods will eventually deal with him.

Yep, he’s gotta go. He isn’t the answer long term, and it looks like he’s not even the answer short term, so why keep him?

Because the sacked the bloke who hires and fires managers with out a replacement lined up and are now using the "space" that created to restructure the footballing side of things....in other words they haven't got the expertise or time, to fire and hire a new manager while they try to work how to replace Les.

Once the have a new DoF I'm sure Hughes will be toast but I reckon he is safe until then. Lets hope they don't take to long trying to replace Les.

Because the sacked the bloke who hires and fires managers with out a replacement lined up and are now using the "space" that created to restructure the footballing side of things....in other words they haven't got the expertise or time, to fire and hire a new manager while they try to work how to replace Les.

Once the have a new DoF I'm sure Hughes will be toast but I reckon he is safe until then. Lets hope they don't take to long trying to replace Les.

why do they need a DoF before replacing Hughes?

I'm honestly not that fussed about "a football person" recruiting our next manager. If the Chinese want to do it, fine, if we end up with someone with a decent CV, especially if we show some intent to better ourselves. It's not really that difficult.

Our last football man appointed three successive duffers so we haven't got much to lose.

I'm honestly not that fussed about "a football person" recruiting our next manager. If the Chinese want to do it, fine, if we end up with someone with a decent CV, especially if we show some intent to better ourselves. It's not really that difficult.

Our last football man appointed three successive duffers so we haven't got much to lose.

even the hint of the job being available will have all sort of agents and such like making 'contact' with the club.

I highly doubt they will have to go out and bend someones arm to take the job

Almost ever decreasing duffers. If we still had Puel would surely be in better shape

What you really think Ralph can juggle making two major appointments at the same time as re-structuring the football side of the club? more importantly do you really want Ralph choosing our next manager? What the last three seasons have shown is there is **** all point in replacing managers if we are going to keep replacing them with someone even worse. I want Hughes gone but also want them to get his replacement right I feel they have got a much better chance of doing that if they get a competent DoF in rather than leaving it to Goa and Ralph. We need to stop lurching from one bad managerial appointment to the next if that means a few more weeks of Hughes to get it right I'll take that.

Exactly this - genuinely he couldn't do much worse. Our players performances and fitness, couldn't be much worse. The results couldn't be much worse. And he might just have a passing interest in football and still get the appointment bang on, like a lot of people on here reckon they could.

Exactly this - genuinely he couldn't do much worse. Our players performances and fitness, couldn't be much worse. The results couldn't be much worse. And he might just have a passing interest in football and still get the appointment bang on, like a lot of people on here reckon they could.

cortese was not a football man, he got the managers bang on whilst at Saints.

At least this is being recognised elsewhere, even if not even if not everyone on here can recognise it.

https://www.football365.com/news/f365s-early-loser-mark-hughes-on-the-brink-of-history

Yep, pretty damming that. He needs to go. Surely nobody connected to the club genuinely believes he will turn things around when all the evidence suggests he simply doesn't have the ability of the track record to do so.

That's pretty much what everyone said about Hughes though because he couldn't be worse than MoPe we need to stop lurching from one bad appointment to the next and get the next appointment spot on.

Hughes is NOT worse than MP. I know statistically we're worse off but Hughes is clearly a better manager than MP.

There was really no downside for Hughes picking a few of the irregulars today. It immediately reinforced the narrative that Reed was a problem, whether the result was good or bad.

Call me a cynic, but I don't believe Reed has had any say over the first XI this season, and that the fault with the tactics, selection and substitutes rests entirely with Hughes.

Exactly right but it was a ruse that backfired on him. His real modus operandii is revealed by the disappearance of Oriol Romeu.

Reed got sacked for incompetence by bringing in poor players and a succession of poor coaching staffs not for team selection or substitutions.

Kreuger should be sacked for inaction over these obvious failures of his Deputy Chairman / DOF. It is evident that the owner took things into his own hands in the end out of sheer frustration, which as we all know is very bad news for Kreuger. He will be very well aware that his days here are numbered.

No doubt. Funny at the time people were calling him the worst saints manager ever...if only they'd known what was coming.

Hindsight is not the way to judge historical decisions attractive as it may be to demonstrate wisdom afterwards. Every action, every decision has a context and must be viewed in that context.

At the time most people hated the regressive style of play introduced by Puel after the exhilarating gung-ho football of the Koeman Bros.

Statistically he is, so therefore he is...

I wouldn't want MP back but I also don't want Hughes

Could you see MP turning Blackburn into Champions League contenders or getting 3 top 10 finishes in a row with Stoke? Those aren't absolutely amazing achievements but they're better than anything MP would have achieved with those jobs.

Could you see MP turning Blackburn into Champions League contenders or getting 3 top 10 finishes in a row with Stoke? Those aren't absolutely amazing achievements but they're better than anything MP would have achieved with those jobs.

I'm talking about us, not Blackburn / Stoke with a complete different set of players etc. You may as well compare chalk with cheese.

Stats can be very easily manipulated to highlight a particular perspective, but in my opinion the earliest time to make a proper assessment is once we have played everyone in the league, and that means after the Wet Spam game on Dec 27th. Anyone who expected us to go from 17th and less than 40 points last season to be a candidate for top 8 is deluded, given summer recruitment.

Between now and then we play Fulham, Cardiff and Udders as well as the Wet Spam game. If he takes ten points from those games, which I accept seems unlikely but not impossible, then things will feel very different and I would expect that would see us around 12th or so which would represent modest but useful progress.

If he doesn’t then I think he and we are in real trouble. It is likely he will have to do without Long and Ings during that period which given our squad is not an easy ask.

Hindsight is not the way to judge historical decisions attractive as it may be to demonstrate wisdom afterwards. Every action, every decision has a context and must be viewed in that context.

At the time most people hated the regressive style of play introduced by Puel after the exhilarating gung-ho football of the Koeman Bros.

:lol: hindsight is the only way to judge historical decisions

Stats can be very easily manipulated to highlight a particular perspective, but in my opinion the earliest time to make a proper assessment is once we have played everyone in the league, and that means after the Wet Spam game on Dec 27th. Anyone who expected us to go from 17th and less than 40 points last season to be a candidate for top 8 is deluded, given summer recruitment.

Between now and then we play Fulham, Cardiff and Udders as well as the Wet Spam game. If he takes ten points from those games, which I accept seems unlikely but not impossible, then things will feel very different and I would expect that would see us around 12th or so which would represent modest but useful progress.

If he doesn’t then I think he and we are in real trouble. It is likely he will have to do without Long and Ings during that period which given our squad is not an easy ask.

Ten points looks very optimistic. 4 relegation battles, 3 of which are against teams that are playing better than at the start of the season. The other 3 games are against top 6 sides.....

Hughes is last it sure he might of achieved high table finishes years ago but I judge him on what I have seen and what he has done recently....

He talks the talk in prematch interviews.but fails to deliver anything on the pitch. Tactically the man is a dinosaur. Some of his tactical decisions and team selections look baffling. We cannot attack or defend or control / keep the ball in midfield. So what are Hughes and team teaching our players? How to beat a team of static cones?

I have seen enough I think he is toilet! Honestly believe we should get rid now and make the changes. If we risk keeping him until January we will end up with more average dross clogging up the team.

Sack him now

On the positive side, Hughes might have finally come to an understanding about the best way to play Gabbiadini, and that Gabbiadini is a far better option than Long or Austin.

IMO Obafemi is a better option than Austin and my Gran is a better option than Long.