Hughes OUT

Batman

Odds shortening pretty quickly on (wrongly spelt) Monk and Moyes. 8d34b2a2c8dfb4cc96e5988f47096f25.jpg

What a depressing bunch of names that is. No chance of Rodgers , absolutely zero. Only a complete ****ing idiot would leave Celtic for our present set up mid season, he’d need sectioning if he did.

Apart from Monk, Youngest O’Neil and Brenda all pretty much over the hill, their best days have gone. They’re basically all a slightly different version of Hughes. I would t touch Monk with a barge pole myself, over hyped in my opinion.

I’d have gone for John Terry myself, but that ship has sailed. So I’m at a loss as to who we get. One thing for sure is I want us to get off the managerial merry go round. The recycling of the old tired faces. I’ve pretty much written off Dec, so I’d get Jaïdi to take charge whilst we look elsewhere ready to appoint someone for Jan. The boost of Hughes going may see us nick the points against Utd or at Cardiff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What a depressing bunch of names that is. No chance of Rodgers , absolutely zero. Only a complete ****ing idiot would leave Celtic for our present set up mid season, he’d need sectioning if he did.

Apart from Monk, Youngest O’Neil and Brenda all pretty much over the hill, their best days have gone. They’re basically all a slightly different version of Hughes. I would t touch Monk with a barge pole myself, over hyped in my opinion.

I’d have gone for John Terry myself, but that ship has sailed. So I’m at a loss as to who we get. One thing for sure is I want us to get off the managerial merry go round. The recycling of the old tired faces. I’ve pretty much written off Dec, so I’d get Jaïdi to take charge whilst we look elsewhere ready to appoint someone for Jan. The boost of Hughes going may see us nick the points against Utd or at Cardiff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paddy Power just pluck names from thin air. It has no bearing on who the club would actually be looking at!

Why were we not considering Ranieri???

we are that bad that fullham seemed more appealing... he knew they had a basic backbone of players good enough

Why would Claudio Ranieri just sit around and wait for Mark Hughes to be sacked?

Fulham more "appealing" because they offered him a job and we didn't have a vacancy. And currently we still don't.

Why would Claudio Ranieri just sit around and wait for Mark Hughes to be sacked?

Fulham more "appealing" because they offered him a job and we didn't have a vacancy. And currently we still don't.

True but if the club had any ambition we should have planned the best replacement months ago & raneri fits the bill proven he can get the best out of average players

How on Earth is that going to happen ?

couple of relegations, a wage bill that takes us back into financial meltdown and valuing the club at a price someone (that isn't dodgy as ****) can actually afford...not quick mind.

That is a very strange way to look at it. If it were true why have you not applied the same to the three teams currently in the relegation zone?

The three teams below us have all played more top6 games than us and have therefore a slightly easier set of games for the rest of the season.

To date we have played just 3 of the 12 games whereas Huddersfield have played 4, Fulham 4 and Cardiff 5.

Of course by the end of the first week of January, we will have had 9 more games of which 5 will be against top 6 sides.......... if we are out of the bottom 3 on Jan 5th by at least 3 points then we will stay up IMHO.

Edited by Topcat

Paddy Power just pluck names from thin air. It has no bearing on who the club would actually be looking at!

true, but the bull**** blackbox list of managers they have lined up for the next appointment was exposed when Hughes was appointed. The club doesn't seem to have a clue where it is going and thus the next appointment may well be another desperate appointment.

If I was the board I would do everything in there power to get Frank Lampard in. Derby play some lovely stuff. Yes he is inexperienced as a manager but for me he's worth the risk. There is only so much can be fixed with a new manager when the players are just plain average and lack the heart for a fight so we will probably go down anyway regardless who comes in. From lampards pov derby probably a better fit for him right now.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

If only we could also sack Cedric, Hoedt, Austin, Long, Redmond. Then we might have a fighting chance.

Those guys are just a bunch of losers.

that is our problem. Several **** transfer windows in a row leading to a squad full of utter dross. Unfortunately it's impossible to shift players once you have signed them to massive contracts. The scouting system at the club seems broken. We also don't seem to have the connections we need to get gems like Alderwiereld

that is our problem. Several **** transfer windows in a row leading to a squad full of utter dross. Unfortunately it's impossible to shift players once you have signed them to massive contracts. The scouting system at the club seems broken. We also don't seem to have the connections we need to get gems like Alderwiereld

Those connections being big managers such as Koeman...

But yeah, we've got ourselves into such a state now. It pains me to say but a relegation is the only way to fix it. It's gone on too far and we've broken it too much for it to be fixed at this level. We need to drop, rebuild, get a connection back and then come back up with a 'team'. Can't see that happening when we have disconnected owners though.

Sad times in our history right now.

I don't understand why it's easier to rebuild in the Championship, with less money.

it wont be. Financially we will be ****ed. Our wage bll is what £120m? £40m parachute payment wont cover that. A very good chance of another meltdown and ten years or more of ****eness. We need to stay up by our teeth and hope the next transfer window is amazing, followed by another and another.

I don't understand why it's easier to rebuild in the Championship, with less money.

I know what you mean but it’s the only way to get rid of the biggest collection of gutless, useless knobs I’ve ever seen in a Saints team.

Getting rid of 8/9/10 isn’t going to happen if we scrape up another year but that’s the only way to sort it. If we can stay up, finally get in a manager who knows what they’re doing and actually have a decent few transfer windows, then we might be back on track. Unlikely though.

With a rebuild, it's more a case of getting rid of the crap we've accumulated. Then bringing in players who are a better fit, and most a lot cheaper.

Look at the team we had last time. Chaplow, Hammond, Morgan, Lambert, Fonte, Jos, Fox, Richardson, Lallana, Cork. Couple of homegrowners, but a mix of players who knitted together very well. No more Cedric, or Hojbjerg, Hoedt, Redmond - win win already.

With a rebuild, it's more a case of getting rid of the crap we've accumulated. Then bringing in players who are a better fit, and most a lot cheaper.

Look at the team we had last time. Chaplow, Hammond, Morgan, Lambert, Fonte, Jos, Fox, Richardson, Lallana, Cork. Couple of homegrowners, but a mix of players who knitted together very well. No more Cedric, or Hojbjerg, Hoedt, Redmond - win win already.

you are banking on players leaving though. Five years deals and monstrous wages don't encourage players to depart

you are banking on players leaving though. Five years deals and monstrous wages don't encourage players to depart

True, but some of our lads have quite high impressions of themselves - seem to think they're top 4 players, so i can see more moving on that people expect because they see themselves as ''too good' for the lower leagues.

But they'll never take a drop in wages, so we will be lumbered with them. Relegation will do us no favours at all. Where will the money to rebuild come from? And how can you rebuild if the present players can't or wont depart? Relegation is the death trap not a pass to salvation

But they'll never take a drop in wages, so we will be lumbered with them. Relegation will do us no favours at all. Where will the money to rebuild come from? And how can you rebuild if the present players can't or wont depart? Relegation is the death trap not a pass to salvation

Who ever we pass Forster on to, we will probably be paying £35k+ a week in wages after he has gone.

Whilst we will be in the championship. Les Reed has ruined it all

Standard practice is for relegation wage reduction clauses. Unless the club are even more inept than we thought then the wage bill will automatically reduce.

I know what you mean but it’s the only way to get rid of the biggest collection of gutless, useless knobs I’ve ever seen in a Saints team.

Getting rid of 8/9/10 isn’t going to happen if we scrape up another year but that’s the only way to sort it. If we can stay up, finally get in a manager who knows what they’re doing and actually have a decent few transfer windows, then we might be back on track. Unlikely though.

Back on track for what? If we manage to get promotion we then have to transition from a championship side to a prem side which, given the market we operate in, will involve buying a collection of average players.

To think that going down make it easy to rebuild is simple thinking. We need a management team with a vision not relegation.

Someone on twitter says there's a meeting at 2pm tomorrow.

Now, I know twitter is not reliable but straw-clutching is an appropriate strategy I feel.

Twitter is neither reliable or unreliable. The issue is who on Twitter said it as to if we should take it seriously or not.

Was it a random member of the public or someone with a background that makes them more believable?

Twitter is neither reliable or unreliable. The issue is who on Twitter said it as to if we should take it seriously or not.

Was it a random member of the public or someone with a background that makes them more believable?

Thanks for explaining

Four years ago I and Alpine flagged the lack of intent in the transfer windows. We dilly dallied about, were constantly late to the races and missed out on our main targets. We settled for cheaper options. I mischievously asked whether this was the plan all along and the 'missing out' was because we wanted to whilst feeding the fans with a load of **** about how we had tried our best.

No, IMO we were being set up to 'just stay in' the PL, but arrogance and complacency has led us to the edge of losing that status.

Four years ago I and Alpine flagged the lack of intent in the transfer windows. We dilly dallied about, were constantly late to the races and missed out on our main targets. We settled for cheaper options. I mischievously asked whether this was the plan all along and the 'missing out' was because we wanted to whilst feeding the fans with a load of **** about how we had tried our best.

No, IMO we were being set up to 'just stay in' the PL, but arrogance and complacency has led us to the edge of losing that status.

The four years ago you are talking about (summer 2014) was probably the best window for incomings the club have ever had!

From 2016 onwards you might have a point. But your complaints four years ago were nonsense.

Now the club is on a downward path does not mean you were right all along.... as you were also demonstrably wrong for a significant amount of time! Transfer windows 2014 to 2016 were good as results on the pitch showed.

A stopped clock is right twice a day!

Complete nonsense, it will be even harder to get rid of the ****e if we get relegated.

It will be bitterly disappointing if at the end of the first “working day” after the weekend he has not been removed from his job

Hughes must know it is over as a premier league manager. Just waiting for the payoff no doubt. Who can blame him

The four years ago you are talking about (summer 2014) was probably the best window for incomings the club have ever had!

From 2016 onwards you might have a point. But your complaints four years ago were nonsense.

Now the club is on a downward path does not mean you were right all along.... as you were also demonstrably wrong for a significant amount of time! Transfer windows 2014 to 2016 were good as results on the pitch showed.

A stopped clock is right twice a day!

I would say that the beginning of complacency was creeping in. Very difficult to see, but it was there. You are right, it was more obvious in 2016, but not many were flagging it.

I did predict the trend, I was wrong on some specifics but right on many more including 17th last season.

I would say that the beginning of complacency was creeping in. Very difficult to see, but it was there. You are right, it was more obvious in 2016, but not many were flagging it.

I did predict the trend, I was wrong on some specifics but right on many more including 17th last season.

You have claimed we'd finish 17th in season's we finished in the top 8. You can't both claim credit for predicting 17th last season and ignore your significantly wrong predictions of 17th in top 8 seasons.

86f6c05a0f110c5082145146fc425ab1.jpg

Complete nonsense, it will be even harder to get rid of the ****e if we get relegated.

No one is saying that it will be easy and it will all be achieved within the first year, there could well be a few years of dossing around down there before we can shed them and start again. The fact remains that a relegation for us is brewing, I'm personally keen for it to happen sooner rather than later so that 'process' can start. The more we stagger over the line at this level the more damage it is doing long-term, as we will never get the cull we require.

You have claimed we'd finish 17th in season's we finished in the top 8. You can't both claim credit for predicting 17th last season and ignore your significantly wrong predictions of 17th in top 8 seasons.

86f6c05a0f110c5082145146fc425ab1.jpg

That 8th place finish was only by a few points...3 or 4 less and we would have been much closer to my predictions. Last year an awful lot of people were way off the mark in their predictions. More than I ever was.

True, but some of our lads have quite high impressions of themselves - seem to think they're top 4 players, so i can see more moving on that people expect because they see themselves as ''too good' for the lower leagues.

They might think they are good enough but what clubs would buy them? I honestly can't see any premier clubs wanting them - even the ones that come up.

If I was the board I would do everything in there power to get Frank Lampard in. Derby play some lovely stuff. Yes he is inexperienced as a manager but for me he's worth the risk. There is only so much can be fixed with a new manager when the players are just plain average and lack the heart for a fight so we will probably go down anyway regardless who comes in. From lampards pov derby probably a better fit for him right now.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Derby played us off the park, even that far back you could see that we were going to be in big trouble this session. They played with a purpose and at a tempo that we couldn't match, and as far as I've seen this season, we haven't improved any. If you were Frank Lampard where do you really think the better options lay in terms of taking a club forward, no chance he would come here.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Edited by Micky