Hughes OUT

Batman

I think they have significantly more money than Kat and more business experience so I would imagine they'll crack-on.

Quite. Apart from their famous season they tend to finish mid table on mid-forty points. No reason they can't continue to do that.

Edited by CB Fry

Very much so, Kat did her best after Markus passed on but more money and also King Power have got highly professional people around them, not rent-a-quotes like Ralph or dinosaurs like Les. Do you think their owners would ever have let Les continue as far as he has with the vast sums he has wasted and not least with the stinking attitude he and Ralph displayed at the fans forum?

Difference is the respect for the club, area and fans, and unfortunately although KL tried to maintain, it was lost with Narkus sadly. Gao doesn’t give a toss as long as the club is fourth from bottom although that looks a miracle too far this season with that bunch of unfit losers on the pitch.

Has it ever occurred to you that in all his years here Les has just been taking orders from the people in charge...the reason he has been here as long as he has is because he is doing what the owners want.

Has it ever occurred to you that in all his years here Les has just been taking orders from the people in charge...the reason he has been here as long as he has is because he is doing what the owners want.

You're suggesting the owners wanted Leslie to oversee c£300m squad spend on pure average?

Or wanted Leslie to appoint dud managers and spend c£10m on manager compensation and "bonuses"

He's doing what they want, in terms of going along with the strategy but within those parameters you can still make mistakes.

Our player recruitment has been largely awful for the last 2 or 3 seasons. I don't think Wee Ross and Les would have survived at many clubs.

You're suggesting the owners wanted Leslie to oversee c£300m squad spend on pure average?

Or wanted Leslie to appoint dud managers and spend c£10m on manager compensation and "bonuses"

Well as he is still here they clearly aren't to upset about it are they? Which would suggest they are happy with the job he is doing..

He's doing what they want, in terms of going along with the strategy but within those parameters you can still make mistakes.

Our player recruitment has been largely awful for the last 2 or 3 seasons. I don't think Wee Ross and Les would have survived at many clubs.

Which again tells you the last owner and the current one are happy with his work. If they weren't he'd be gone by now.

For me Les, or even Ralph, isn't the problem a clubs vision, direction and goals are set, ultimately, by the owner and that's,where the problem really lies.

Which again tells you the last owner and the current one are happy with his work. If they weren't he'd be gone by now.

For me Les, or even Ralph, isn't the problem a clubs vision, direction and goals are set, ultimately, by the owner and that's,where the problem really lies.

Les, Ralph and Ross have been given fairly significant funding and support but the players they have brought in have not been up to the job. I won't bore you with the list but we have multiple players in the £15-£20M purchase price bracket that are either out on loan or not getting into the starting 11 as they haven't been good enough. How is that the owners fault?!

Les, Ralph and Ross have been given fairly significant funding and support but the players they have brought in have not been up to the job. I won't bore you with the list but we have multiple players in the £15-£20M purchase price bracket that are either out on loan or not getting into the starting 11 as they haven't been good enough. How is that the owners fault?!

The whole point of Southampton fc these days is to be run as a self sufficient bussiness that maintains PL status nothing more. There is no indication at all that the owner and board share the same aspirations as the fanbase these days.

People have been complaining about us never spending more than we earn on players for years. Is that significant funding or just horse trading? Les's job is sell players high and buy in cheaper.

At the end of the day if Les etc still have a job its the owners fault no one else's. The fact they still have a job, after last season, points to the owner being happy with the job they are doing. As far as we can tell Goa is basically happy to maintain the status quo.

So yes owners fault.

The whole point of Southampton fc these days is to be run as a self sufficient bussiness that maintains PL status nothing more. There is no indication at all that the owner and board share the same aspirations as the fanbase these days.

People have been complaining about us never spending more than we earn on players for years. Is that significant funding or just horse trading? Les's job is sell players high and buy in cheaper.

At the end of the day if Les etc still have a job its the owners fault no one else's. The fact they still have a job, after last season, points to the owner being happy with the job they are doing. As far as we can tell Goa is basically happy to maintain the status quo.

So yes owners fault.

You’re right. The owner (and fat Kat) are ultimately to blame. They appointed Les (as Vixe-chair)/Ross/Ralph, they’ve persisted with them for this long and they set the strategy.

I’d imagine the owner(s) are looking at it as a successful job. The reality is neither have a clue about football and as long we were in the PL and putting £ in their pocket they’re happy.

However, Les / Ross have had a lot of money and have pretty much wasted it. Bloated out the squad with average and brought in ‘bad eggs’. For example, spending £20m on Carrillo when it was obvious to everyone 1) he wasn’t going to cut it 2) MP would be gone not long after should be enough to call for their heads as it is.

Then you have management appointments. Puel wasn’t a bad appointment and at the time it looked an astute one, although at the time I feel we could have done better given our position (however his inability to keep a squad happy, same at Leciester, was his downfall), but then taking as long as it did to replace him, putting all our eggs in Tuchel’s basket, leaving us with MP was farcical.

I do not believe that anyone can think someone else wouldn’t have done a better job than them 2 nuggets over the past 2/3 years.

As many have said, change is needed across the board. We need a new owner, new direction and new people in charge of the day to day running of the club (I.e Ross /Les).

It appears Kat has sold us down the river to her mate/first interested party - that fat b!tch has a lot to answer for as well.

Gap isn’t going to sell up so soon after taking over and all appears that he certainly doesn’t have the cash needed to push us on, so I can see things getting a lot worse before they get any better.

I reckon we should try Gallagher up front. Might be just what we need. If he's not gonna get a chance now then when? Austin, Long, Gabbi showing no kind of form.

That doesn't work go back to 4-2-3-1. Its the system thats worked best for us in premier. Who else plays 4-4-2? Could play:

Mccarthy

Cedric Stephens Hoedt Bertrand

Hoijberg Romeu

Elyunoussi Redmond Either Armstrong or Ward-prowse

Ings If that doesn't work Hughes OUT. If we don't win 3 more premier games before xmas, he has to go

Perhaps Les is operating within the parameters set by Ralph and yet still trying to maintain ‘the Southampton way’? They do seem to buy players with specific personalities in this regard, leaving behind other seemingly obvious candidates that may be able to play great football, but will never hold a masters degree.

No they wanted him to try and suceed with a budget and framework find the right person for the job.

Not being funny, but do you know how hard it is to deliberatly make mistakes that cost not only your boss money, but also damage your reputation?

No, he takes guidance from above and tries to do what he can with the hand he is dealt. There is no question he and the upper eschalons have made mistakes in signings, but that is the business world.

If there business target is to not go bust, he has done this

If the business target is to be self sustainable he has done this.

If the business target is to be top 10, then he failed last year

If the business target is to win the champions league, then he has failed miserably and should be sacked

But he can only be measured on the target he is given. Don't get me wrong, I think he has caused us many issues and the recruitment lately has been poor. I don't know why, with what we have, they fail to score, which seems to be our issue at the moment. But Les and Ralph don't kick a ball for a living, they stop us from going bust and try and make a few quid as well, keep the brand up and make sure the club has a good reputation in the wider world.

The other thing is this: In business, results are measured over time unless somethign drastic happens. If you remember the 5 year plan, that was it for the next 5 years, with the target peing back in the prem at year 5. Not promotion from League 1 to Prem in year 1, Year 2 win Premiership......etc. These things take time. What Goa plan is, we don't know, but he must have a plan.

Here's a challenge, if you want Les out, list 10 good things he has done for the club

If you want Hughes out, List 10 good things he has done for the club

If your first reaction is, THEY AINT DONE NOTHING, they you lose the right to criticise as you don't have an open mind and are just moaning for moaning sake, because it's easy, you have an agenda, or you are led by the peer group.

Anyone can sit on the sidelines and snipe. It's so easy to destroy and so difficult to create.

Right, rant over, I need a coffee.

No they wanted him to try and suceed with a budget and framework find the right person for the job.

Not being funny, but do you know how hard it is to deliberatly make mistakes that cost not only your boss money, but also damage your reputation?

No, he takes guidance from above and tries to do what he can with the hand he is dealt. There is no question he and the upper eschalons have made mistakes in signings, but that is the business world.

If there business target is to not go bust, he has done this

If the business target is to be self sustainable he has done this.

If the business target is to be top 10, then he failed last year

If the business target is to win the champions league, then he has failed miserably and should be sacked

But he can only be measured on the target he is given. Don't get me wrong, I think he has caused us many issues and the recruitment lately has been poor. I don't know why, with what we have, they fail to score, which seems to be our issue at the moment. But Les and Ralph don't kick a ball for a living, they stop us from going bust and try and make a few quid as well, keep the brand up and make sure the club has a good reputation in the wider world.

The other thing is this: In business, results are measured over time unless somethign drastic happens. If you remember the 5 year plan, that was it for the next 5 years, with the target peing back in the prem at year 5. Not promotion from League 1 to Prem in year 1, Year 2 win Premiership......etc. These things take time. What Goa plan is, we don't know, but he must have a plan.

Here's a challenge, if you want Les out, list 10 good things he has done for the club

If you want Hughes out, List 10 good things he has done for the club

If your first reaction is, THEY AINT DONE NOTHING, they you lose the right to criticise as you don't have an open mind and are just moaning for moaning sake, because it's easy, you have an agenda, or you are led by the peer group.

Anyone can sit on the sidelines and snipe. It's so easy to destroy and so difficult to create.

Right, rant over, I need a coffee.

"In business...." What a load of cobblers. In business if you are clearly out of your depth you get the chop very quickly particularly if results aren't good enough. Les is surviving on past reputation and that results haven't been quite bad enough to justify a change. However, he must be feeling the heat at the moment particularly after a number of wasteful signings, a number of failed managerial appointments and a poor season last year.

I could name 10 good things that les has done. Hughes on the other hand is a genuine struggle; he's got Redmond playing better, he's kept Fraser out of the 1st team, he kept us up last year, ... But then I can't find much more to say. This isn't about having an agenda - it's about recognising that Hughes is out of his depth and therefore should be given the chop especially as results have been woeful.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Good : 8th highest wage bill in the prem

Good : Squad costing c£300m

Ugly : 5 league wins in 42 and no wins in league against top 6 for 900+ days.

Tells you all you need to know about the Reed vs Gao argument

i think this is a pretty good point tbf. it also makes me wonder about koeman leaving due to financial constraints... it was before the gao takeover (i think...?), but if only he'd just held on or we'd just given in. it's not like we haven't spent cash. players get worse when they come here. i don't think that's les' fault. i think it's due to the lack of project, identity, vision, playing style, clearly defined roles within the squad. hughes out. guardiola in. sheikh mansour also in.

i think this is a pretty good point tbf. it also makes me wonder about koeman leaving due to financial constraints... it was before the gao takeover (i think...?), but if only he'd just held on or we'd just given in. it's not like we haven't spent cash. players get worse when they come here. i don't think that's les' fault. i think it's due to the lack of project, identity, vision, playing style, clearly defined roles within the squad. hughes out. guardiola in. sheikh mansour also in.

I get the feeling Leslie is an arrogant dictator and Koeman couldn't be assed dealing with a nobody wa**er trying to act big shot and superior.

Let's not forget the interviews Big Les was giving around the time. "The era of the gaffer is over" all his big talk about having "coaches" monitored and a comprehensive list should "coaches" move on. He was downplaying the managers role and wanted us to believe that he had set the way Southampton play the infamous "Southampton way" how we play one style from under 7s to senior. He was telling us how 95% of clubs wlll adopt "his methods"

Les is a clown a wally a football laughing stock. We need shot ASAP.

I'm still 60-40 in favour of Hughes staying.

That's quite a swing against him staying, but the apparent lack of fitness and sharpness of the players has to fall firmly under his responsibility (and the coaching staff).

However, I can sympathise with the fact he is trying to get some sort of stability. He's right to comment about the clean sheets being some sort of progress. People will moan about the lack of goals, but to be honest the players seem so fragile. Better that we get something from these games before losing becomes a habit.

I'm still 60-40 in favour of Hughes staying.

That's quite a swing against him staying, but the apparent lack of fitness and sharpness of the players has to fall firmly under his responsibility (and the coaching staff).

However, I can sympathise with the fact he is trying to get some sort of stability. He's right to comment about the clean sheets being some sort of progress. People will moan about the lack of goals, but to be honest the players seem so fragile. Better that we get something from these games before losing becomes a habit.

Well, see my main problem with Hughes was his defensive acumen - which was why I didn't want him in.

If he can make us hard to beat then we can concentrate on the other end of the field.

HOWEVER, this needed to be done in the ****ing off-season, and not now. We have wasted the easiest start to the season in God knows how long, and that is why we'll end up going down.

Too little, too late.

It's only worth getting rid of Hughes if we can get someone in who is a clear step up. NA was very unlucky to be sacked, but there was no doubting that Pochettino was a clear improvement. Anyone was going to be a step up on Pellegrino.

But unless we can line up someone who is clearly going to be better, then I would stick with Mark Hughes.

It's only worth getting rid of Hughes if we can get someone in who is a clear step up. NA was very unlucky to be sacked, but there was no doubting that Pochettino was a clear improvement. Anyone was going to be a step up on Pellegrino.

But unless we can line up someone who is clearly going to be better, then I would stick with Mark Hughes.

Yet Hughes HASN'T been a step up on Pellegrino. Less points, less goals scored, more goals conceded.

Stevie Wonder would be a step up on Mark Hughes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good : 8th highest wage bill in the prem

Good : Squad costing c£300m

Ugly : 5 league wins in 42 and no wins in league against top 6 for 900+ days.

Tells you all you need to know about the Reed vs Gao argument

Is it not a coincidence, that since Wilson has run the "Black Box". Our recruitment of Players/ Mangers, have been like the teams performances...P*SS POOR!!! He is as big of a Problem as G-Reed. Not forgetting he's G-Reed's man, makes it doubly P*SS POOR!

Edited by SOTONS EAST SIDE