Hughes OUT

Batman

Pony.

Is he the latest scapegoat, the new Eric Black. Do you really believe it, or are you just trying to be “quirky”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe that a pretty average keeper who is only just a qualified coach should be nowhere near our team, yes. Anyway, has he gone yet really?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I believe that a pretty average keeper who is only just a qualified coach should be nowhere near our team

I doubt he’s got much influence as Hughes has his own men. We were pony before he was involved, so I struggle to see how anything can be laid at his door. Of course it was Eric Black before, who will it be next

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the Telegraph article from Sunday is to be believed, I'm not sure a narrow loss on penalties in the reserve team cup is enough to force a sacking.

Yep. I’d say that’s fair

Why wait? Why accept two more defeats as absolute certainty? Make change now and maybe u can give a new man more time.

At least have the new man in the stands for the next game, the caretaker can do the same bad Job as Mark.

It's not what I'd do. It's what I think will happen.

Why wait? Why accept two more defeats as absolute certainty? Make change now and maybe u can give a new man more time.

Les Reed has gone but the dithering continues. It seems to be a cultural thing at the club that can only come from the chair and the new ownership. It’s also crazy that we don’t have a CEO driving the day to day operational activity.

If you are going to get rid then get rid now, there's not a moment to lose. IMO we've got a month to try and save our prem skins or put another way keep this form up till 1 Jan and we're as good as down.

The delay 'may' be because they are trying to bring in someone good or - more likely - they are fannying around not knowing what to do.

Even the chump in China won't want to lose most of his £200M investment.

Saints played ok last night but still lost !! In my opinion the boards options are to either keep Hughes in for now until a DOF is found to find a new manager or get rid now and put Jaidi and Davis in charge so that gives the new DOF a bit more time to replace, i'm probably wrong but that's how i see it.

I don't think we are far away looking at all the stats, think we do need a manager who is going to get that extra 5-10% out of the lads to cut the defensive mistakes out and be more ruthless the other end.

The club cannot afford to pay10m to get rid apparently.

The performances are not showing the players are not committed.

We are still paying for Reed and co not replacing Pelle and Mane with a goalscorer. The guff that CA was the replacement still boils in me, we needed him as a backup and at least one other to fill the loss of 40+ goals they provided.

Iam not a great fan of Hughes but we cant keep changing the managers as it is all start again everytime.

Get in a goalscorer and we will be fine, especially if he can get the back line sorted. We are not playing poorly just not clinical. It was apt that our forward missed the vital penalty

The club cannot afford to pay10m to get rid apparently.

The performances are not showing the players are not committed.

We are still paying for Reed and co not replacing Pelle and Mane with a goalscorer. The guff that CA was the replacement still boils in me, we needed him as a backup and at least one other to fill the loss of 40+ goals they provided.

Iam not a great fan of Hughes but we cant keep changing the managers as it is all start again everytime.

Get in a goalscorer and we will be fine, especially if he can get the back line sorted. We are not playing poorly just not clinical. It was apt that our forward missed the vital penalty

If the club can't afford 10 million to pay Hughes off how are we going to afford a clinical goal scorer? Not sure there are very many clinical strikers we can pick up for less than the price of getting rid of Hughes...

If the club can't afford 10 million to pay Hughes off how are we going to afford a clinical goal scorer? Not sure there are very many clinical strikers we can pick up for less than the price of getting rid of Hughes...
Getting rid of Hughes for 10m will still leave us without the goalscorer. If you spend that 10m on a forward it may be better

Is it possible that the club are seeking out possible replacements and as yet haven't found a good one?

I think Hughes should be replaced - though I do think he has been a bit unlucky in some respects - but I don't want him sacked and replaced with 'anybody', because a) that might not stop us going down and b) even if we survive under someone like David Moyes, we'll only be in this position again next season.

Unfortunately I think the most likely scenario is the club cannot (or won't) find a good manager who is willing to join for the wages we are prepared to offer. In my opinion the biggest mistake Reed & co made was not making an exception to their "profit making" principles when it came to the manager.

Davis/Jaidi would be a terrible choice, even as caretakers.

Personally, I’d sack Hughes today (lets be honest, things aren’t going to improve) and bring in someone with a affiliation to club to be caretaker for 1-3 months, until we appoint a new Les and decide on direction.

Someone like Strachan for me (who’s know living back in the area). I’d be against him long term and I don’t think he’d take it long term either, but he’d be a steady pair of hands until the new man comes in.

Reality is, we’ve probably only got 2 winnable (must wins as well) until Christmas anyway.

On a side note, why is it taking so long to replace Les ffs?

Davis/Jaidi would be a terrible choice, even as caretakers.

Personally, I’d sack Hughes today (lets be honest, things aren’t going to improve) and bring in someone with a affiliation to club to be caretaker for 1-3 months, until we appoint a new Les and decide on direction.

Someone like Strachan for me (who’s know living back in the area). I’d be against him long term and I don’t think he’d take it long term either, but he’d be a steady pair of hands until the new man comes in.

Reality is, we’ve probably only got 2 winnable (must wins as well) until Christmas anyway.

On a side note, why is it taking so long to replace Les ffs?

You've heard Ralph get interviewed? I can't imagine he does anything quickly.

If the Telegraph article from Sunday is to be believed, I'm not sure a narrow loss on penalties in the reserve team cup is enough to force a sacking.

You’ve got the business as usual line from Ralph then you’ve got owners who won’t be happy with our current situation.

Watch this space...

Radhi and Kelv in charge Sunday?

1. With players still playing for Hughes i.e no lack of effort per se, what is to be gained by having a caretaker Manager like Kelvis? That might cause players to down tools and wait for the new guy.

2. Is there much advantage in getting a new guy ahead of two games we would likely lose anyway? Surely that just negates any bounce effect and puts the new guy on the back foot to start with?

There was progress last night, good commitment from the players, and if he plays the same team again on Saturday, I would hold back on the P45 as it would disrupt the side.

However, if we see Hoedt and Austin back in, then Hughes isn't learning, so then he would deserve to go.

We still lost, still didn't score. So I don't see how any progress was made.

If this was on the back of what you'd just call a slightly sticky spell, then yeah...no problem, it was better for sure. But this is 3 years of exactly the same. It's like rinse and repeat every match day.

Barring a miracle turn around I think Hughes is already sacked I just get the feeling that they want the new director of football or whatever in place to then oversee the new manager appointment.

Is much going to be gained from an inexperienced caretaker, especially considering the tough games. Even if we were in good form and mid table, aside maybe getting something from an out of fom Man Utd side, we wouldn't expect anything against SPurs away or unlikely against a much improved Arsenal at home.

The only realistic chance for points is Cardiff away from the next 4, maybe a surprise point in either of the home games.

Get the new DOF in to start the new era and allow him to shape the rest of the back room staff in his vision and get a new manager in ready for the january window. Back the manager with at least one decent signing (though I think that is unlikely)

1. With players still playing for Hughes i.e no lack of effort per se, what is to be gained by having a caretaker Manager like Kelvis? That might cause players to down tools and wait for the new guy.

2. Is there much advantage in getting a new guy ahead of two games we would likely lose anyway? Surely that just negates any bounce effect and puts the new guy on the back foot to start with?

Should have got a new guy in now, you saying sack him after Spurs which gives us 2 days before a huge away game, not having that.

There was progress last night, good commitment from the players, and if he plays the same team again on Saturday, I would hold back on the P45 as it would disrupt the side.

However, if we see Hoedt and Austin back in, then Hughes isn't learning, so then he would deserve to go.

It’s not about one game, it is about the 26 games he has been in charge. Despite any positives last night he is still no good for the long term.

We still lost, still didn't score. So I don't see how any progress was made.

If this was on the back of what you'd just call a slightly sticky spell, then yeah...no problem, it was better for sure. But this is 3 years of exactly the same. It's like rinse and repeat every match day.

I said 'progress' in that Hughes was finally putting out a better team ie not playing Hoedt and Austin, prepared to change the personnel, and I saw a team determined to win. That's progress on the previous games where it has been same old team and the players going through the motions just hoping to win. Players come out in defence of Hughes, so they need to show they have confidence in him. But if Saturday's team features Hoedt and Austin again, and the players go back to looking out of sorts, then a change has to be made. But I do agree the next change should be to make this boardroom appointment promptly, then the new incumbent can influence the choice of manager.