Hughes OUT

Batman

Get rid. The players haven't got the mental toughness and I can see us going down anyway but let's just see if someone else could do something with them.

Keeping Hughes dribbling on until mid-February seems utterly pointless but no doubt that's precisely what King Les will do.

The only argument to keep Hughes on is that it's unlikely Reed will make a better choice, three in a row now have either shown to be duds or a poor fit for Saints.

Ralph Hasenhüttl

Free since stood down at RB Leipzig in june

Or.. Jardim... but neither experienced in England, never mind a relegation scrap here. They'd inherit the current shambles, a squad with a toothless goalshy attack etc.

Doubt we have the ambition to attract either, or that Reed has the initiative to bring either in, both of whom will probably have more attractive offers.

The only argument to keep Hughes on is that it's unlikely Reed will make a better choice, three in a row now have either shown to be duds or a poor fit for Saints.

Or.. Jardim... but neither experienced in England, never mind a relegation scrap here. They'd inherit the current shambles, a squad with a toothless goalshy attack etc.

Doubt we have the ambition to attract either, or that Reed has the initiative to bring either in, both of whom will probably have more attractive offers.

Nuno - Wolves in championship

Sarri - Chelsea

Gracia - Watford

Emery - Arsenal

I would prefer a manager who has no respect for the big teams, poch didnt and he changed the whole mindset of the club

Hughes is doing a impression of fergie in 1988

Pointless changing the manager if the numpties above him are still in place.

Gao needs to show a bit of leadership.

Thats where I was at up until today...the subs were ok but Austin Ffs that was a pub player performance.

I didnt see any tempo, desire, passion or will to win....I saw lots of scared out of form players...Lemina apart.

Isnt it a managers job to motivate and dictate to the players ....scared to lose didn't care enough to win.

Our problem runs from the top through owner, Ceo, recruitment, management just a shambles just changing manager wont fix it.

Hoedt and Stephens did ok fair play to them.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thats where I was at up until today...the subs were ok but Austin Ffs that was a pub player performance.

I didnt see any tempo, desire, passion or will to win....I saw lots of scared out of form players...Lemina apart.

Isnt it a managers job to motivate and dictate to the players ....scared to lose didn't care enough to win.

Our problem runs from the top through owner, Ceo, recruitment, management just a shambles just changing manager wont fix it.

Hoedt and Stephens did ok fair play to them.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

This sums up my feelings this evening

3 wins in 18 league games

15 points in 18 which is 31.7pts/season (relegation form).

475 minutes since our last league goal.

This season we're 6 goals scored to 14 conceded.

It's looking a miracle for us to earn enough points to make us conventionally safe. We might survive only thanks to the 4 championship level teams below us.

It's time for a clear out of the board. They need to be held responsible for the last 3 years of recruitment. A new manager will still need to deal with the same ineffective players. Reed and Wilson need to go first and foremost.

I really don't get it with Hughes, he came in last season in a very difficult situation and although the points return wasn't great, he certainly galvanized the team and club as a whole and I was pleased when he got the job permanently.

However since the start of the season he has morphed into Pellegrino mk2 with clueless tactics and team selections, constantly playing underperforming players. Austin has done absolutely nothing all season yet starts almost every game while Gabbi who looked so sharp in pre-season is left to rust on the bench yet again.

Yoshi is nowhere to be seen and two of our summer signings aren't even considered good enough to get into this awful team.

Hughes needs to go but at this point I have no idea who we could get as a decent replacement (not Fat Sam ffs). The squad is poor but there has to be someone out there that can get something more out of them, at least a game plan and an identity.

Tbh the whole club needs a clean sweep from top to bottom, sadly it will probably take relegation for something like that to happen.

I really don't get it with Hughes, he came in last season in a very difficult situation and although the points return wasn't great, he certainly galvanized the team and club as a whole and I was pleased when he got the job permanently.

However since the start of the season he has morphed into Pellegrino mk2 with clueless tactics and team selections, constantly playing underperforming players. Austin has done absolutely nothing all season yet starts almost every game while Gabbi who looked so sharp in pre-season is left to rust on the bench yet again.

Yoshi is nowhere to be seen and two of our summer signings aren't even considered good enough to get into this awful team.

Hughes needs to go but at this point I have no idea who we could get as a decent replacement (not Fat Sam ffs). The squad is poor but there has to be someone out there that can get something more out of them, at least a game plan and an identity.

Tbh the whole club needs a clean sweep from top to bottom, sadly it will probably take relegation for something like that to happen.

Totally spot on.

When you have players like Ings who went from looking super sharp to what he is now tells you training is not working.

Agreed. Absolutely pointless getting rid of Hughes with Leslie still here and allowed to pick his 4th dud in a row.

Get rid of the organ grinder, not the monkey.

What does a Saints manager have to do in order not to be classed as a "dud" in your opinion?

Totally spot on.

When you have players like Ings who went from looking super sharp to what he is now tells you training is not working.

In a perfect world you would hope and expect a self proclaimed expert who has written coaching manuels, some endorsed by the Football Association, to notice this sort of thing quickly and act upon it. But not Bunsen.

Perhaps the FA endorsement is not from the Football Association.

Need somebody like Strachan to come back and give the players a kick up the backside. I have watched Saints a few times this season in all honesty I am starting to question the fitness of this setup.

Owner needs to stop being illusive and make some decisions.

Reed and Nobby Nutt Cakes out!

Hughes Out!

Get in a manager who can actually get a team organised, Get the team fit, has a philosophy and sticks with it. Right now we lack creativity so we need to get organized make it difficult for the opposition to break through and hit them on the counter.

Fans want high pressing attractive footy? We don't have the fitness or players currently...

It would be very saintsy if we continue on this dreadful run and DONT chop Hughes around the November international break.

I would like to think the feelers are being put out. But they won’t be.

Matters little, Gao loves the passion that mark displays.

Cannot believe how many are still making excuses for him. I expect it from Pamplemousse but it's just bewildering how many do it. They can't seem to comprehend that we might have appointed 2 awful managers in a row.

Just a simplicity thing I guess. See poor performance, must be rubbish players. Must be so confusing for them when players form changes or new managers do better than previous ones.

I'm so bored of our problems as they aren't changing, and won't without a decent manager. That's Reed's job so if he doesn't act quickly and get the next appointment right he can fck off too. We have some decent players, not as many as before no, but still a reasonably good squad. Given that there's 8 or 9 bang average sides in the league, there's no excuses for this squad not to be winning or at least looking like winning on a regular basis. Yet we just get Hughes praising clean sheets at home to blunt attacks.

Too many players have gone backwards. Too much potential is being wasted. Too many poor performers are being rewarded with starts. There's no system, no identity, not style, seemingly no common sense. All sums up Hughes managerial career in recent years sadly. His record is absolutely appalling. We stayed up because there were even worse sides were still awful. Great.

I don't want Hughes given any money to spend, it'd be a waste. Why some fans can't see that I've no idea. They just want an even bigger more expensive squad of underperforming, confused and frustrated players.

There is no point being in this league if you're going to play like this. We can easily stay up and play good football under a decent manager, bringing through young players. But now it's just a mess, and a boring mess at that. Problem is now we've opened our doors to the merrygoround of dire journeyman managers you fear they'll pick another one. Then we'll truly deserve to go down and not come back.

I don't know if it's worse having to watch saints play football or having to see managers like Hughes receive huge money for consistently showing how bad they are at the job.

so basically the neucleus of the squad being the same for the last 3 managers and we can’t score goals and you say it’s not down to them?

We have been crying out for a goal scorer sine we sold our goals with Pelle and Sadie. The fans were mugged off saying we had replaced with CA!

It is blatantly obvious that we lack a goal scorer , creative midfielder and pace. This is not down to MH

but Reed and co.

It was only MH telling the club we must get Ings in at the end of the window we got him. It is complacency

I am going to come out in defence of Hughes. All managers would like to spend £500m and get Messi, Ronaldo etc in, but those in the boardroom control things. Some managers have more input than others. Hughes is not an idiot and knows what the squad needs. So he has the tools he has. Looking at the defence, midfield and attack, it is clear where the biggest problem is. It might have been said that the defence was equally problematical, but there does seem to have been some improvement there. So the attack. We have spent £40m on it in the past 2 windows. One £20m was a complete and utter waste (although I would probably have him over some in the team), and the other seems OK. Simple fact is that we haven't scored a goal in our last 5 league games and if that continues we are relegated, no two ways about it.

Hughes is trying to, or having to, polish a constipated turd. If we get rid of him, is anyone else going to be able to polish the turd any better?

Hughes is trying to, or having to, polish a constipated turd. If we get rid of him, is anyone else going to be able to polish the turd any better?

Basically - yeah.

The squad is strong on paper. Easily mid-table.

I always consider this. Football may have progressed in 6 years but both Adkins and Poch got results with a very PL inexperienced and weaker squad than the team we have now.

Why were they able to get goals out of Lambert (who’d never played PL) before? Why did Puncheon look good when, again, he’d never played top flight? Loads more examples.

Our players are decent but they have no confidence, no passion, no team ethic. They’re not together as one.

The rot set after Koeman went and we appointed the fractious Puel, and the club’s not recovered.

Hughes is meant to be a motivator, an improver, a mentor - none of that comes across. None of these players want to play for him.

I like Hughes, I want to give him a chance and I was confident we’d be fine. But not scoring against the worst side in the league at home is the final straw. I can’t see it getting any better and we’re just a month away from December.

Basically - yeah.

The squad is strong on paper. Easily mid-table.

I always consider this. Football may have progressed in 6 years but both Adkins and Poch got results with a very PL inexperienced and weaker squad than the team we have now.

Why were they able to get goals out of Lambert (who’d never played PL) before? Why did Puncheon look good when, again, he’d never played top flight? Loads more examples.

Our players are decent but they have no confidence, no passion, no team ethic. They’re not together as one.

The rot set after Koeman went and we appointed the fractious Puel, and the club’s not recovered.

Hughes is meant to be a motivator, an improver, a mentor - none of that comes across. None of these players want to play for him.

I like Hughes, I want to give him a chance and I was confident we’d be fine. But not scoring against the worst side in the league at home is the final straw. I can’t see it getting any better and we’re just a month away from December.

It is no good getting rid of Hughes while those who will select his successor remain in their current positions. They have proved 3 times now that they don't know how to choose a new manager, but you suggest giving them another chance to demonstrate their incompetence.

It is no good getting rid of Hughes while those who will select his successor remain in their current positions. They have proved 3 times now that they don't know how to choose a new manager, but you suggest giving them another chance to demonstrate their incompetence.

We are down then.

But could it be any worse than Hughes - I doubt it. Hopefully we'd benefit from the new Manager kick and it'd help us to get some momentum.

Owner out first..

Along with the minority shareholder, VC/DoF, Head of Recruitment, Chairman, academy coaching staff and Hunter. Then we can get onto discussing Hughes and his staff's future. Leicester's owner was amazing but probably a one-off. I'd just settle for someone competent with some decent investors on board like Sunderland have now got with Stewart Donald. Just hope Reed and Gao don't compile so much debt on rubbish players on long contracts as to deter the new owner the club are desperately going to need.

Culture sounds rotten from top to bottom, the players look disengaged and unfit, and the push for continuous improvement has gone. The lack of engagement with supporters is getting as bad as 08/09 levels, and I remember that season at too well.

Along with the minority shareholder, VC/DoF, Head of Recruitment, Chairman, academy coaching staff and Hunter. Then we can get onto discussing Hughes and his staff's future. Leicester's owner was amazing but probably a one-off. I'd just settle for someone competent with some decent investors on board like Sunderland have now got with Stewart Donald. Just hope Reed and Gao don't compile so much debt on rubbish players on long contracts as to deter the new owner the club are desperately going to need.

Culture sounds rotten from top to bottom, the players look disengaged and unfit, and the push for continuous improvement has gone. The lack of engagement with supporters is getting as bad as 08/09 levels, and I remember that season at too well.

Hard to argue with any of that. I just hope we get rid of this owner before too much damage is done.

We need the sort of ambition and drive that NC brought, its been steady decline since he left but this site couldn't stand the 'dwarf' and wanted him out. Now we've got what we deserve.
We had no choice in the matter. If fans had adored Cortese he wasn't going to stay so its irrelevant to the discussion.

I bet they trained REALLY HARD today again, Kelvin watching on and muttering about how it's surprisingly different out of the goal or something. New players getting progressively worse. General air of complacency/not botheredness inspired by insipid captaincy of Bertrand; Vestergaard lumbering about the place eating a whole chicken; Hoedt slicking his hair back in numerous styles and playing FIFA; Gunn crying into his scrapbook of former glories; Austin watching homes under the hammer whilst drinking down pints of whey protein and eating nandos; Hughes trying to get their attention by talking a bit louder than usual. Failing, but saying 'we tried everything to talk louder but in the end it just wasn't our day. But the voice is perfectly placed to talk again soon'.

But could it be any worse than Hughes - I doubt it. Hopefully we'd benefit from the new Manager kick and it'd help us to get some momentum.

Of course it could, Big Sam, Tony Pulis for example. Let's rely on the new manager kick, worked well with Puel, Pellegrino, even Hughes didn't. You highlight the problem, people who believe in these myths and think people who have appointed 3 duffs on the trot are now suddenly going to get it right. Unbelievable how gullible some people continue to be.

We need the sort of ambition and drive that NC brought, its been steady decline since he left but this site couldn't stand the 'dwarf' and wanted him out. Now we've got what we deserve.

7th then 6th then 8th isn't decline. It's some of our best ever seasons.

This site had nothing whatsoever to do with his departure, if you think it did then you are a bit simple.

Edited by CB Fry

Cortese was just one of the many rats to jump ship after It became clear that Liebherr wasn’t gonna continue to blow her dad’s fortune. It’s pointless crying like a baby because he’s gone, it was his choice and nothing to do with a bit of name calling on some little known fan forum.

We would all prefer it if we had our billionaire and his dwarf back running the show, even Cortese’s critics.

Will be interesting to see the direction leicester go now.

You'd pressume his son will inherent the club and his riches much like Kat did.

Will the son do a Kat or will he look honor his father and do something good with the club?

I think they have significantly more money than Kat and more business experience so I would imagine they'll crack-on.

I think they have significantly more money than Kat and more business experience so I would imagine they'll crack-on.

Very much so, Kat did her best after Markus passed on but more money and also King Power have got highly professional people around them, not rent-a-quotes like Ralph or dinosaurs like Les. Do you think their owners would ever have let Les continue as far as he has with the vast sums he has wasted and not least with the stinking attitude he and Ralph displayed at the fans forum?

Difference is the respect for the club, area and fans, and unfortunately although KL tried to maintain, it was lost with Narkus sadly. Gao doesn’t give a toss as long as the club is fourth from bottom although that looks a miracle too far this season with that bunch of unfit losers on the pitch.