Hughes OUT

Batman

Hughes isn't going anywhere, nor should he. Some people here are over the top with their anti-Hughes stance. Its almost like Hughes beat them up as a kid or something.

Bizarre.......Hughes is terrible. Two bright spots today were Gabi and Yoshi.....both who this t**t of a manager has ignored all season.

Bringing on Obafemi with 1 minute left - wtf?

Players unfit - who should take the blame for that?

Lack of tactics and setup - who should take the blame for that?

Hughes isn't going anywhere, nor should he. Some people here are over the top with their anti-Hughes stance. Its almost like Hughes beat them up as a kid or something.

Definitely. I think we should sack him because I can't see us moving forward under him long-term, but will we go down under him? No. As poor as we are... we still haven't been in the relegation zone all season.

We'll beat Fulham next, they're truly dire, and we still have Cardiff and Huddersfield to come next month, we'll get at least one win there too. By the end of the year I can see us 14th-15th position. Not good enough really, but still, we'll survive.

No he definitely shouldn't go anywhere should he. Why the hell would we want him not to be our manager any more? I'm desperately searching for reasons here.

Does ANYONE on this forum think Hughes should stay, as he will turn it round?

I'm still of the view that is primarily a squad issue that could still be addressed in January. Let's be clear, I'm not a big fan of Hughes but if you think that Moyes or Allardyce would do any better then that's just wishful thinking.

I think you’re totally right.

Hughes has been great at Stoke and just as good for Saints.

I’m buzzing as a supporter of Hughes right now and I can’t wait for him to get yet another 3 points.

I'm still of the view that is primarily a squad issue that could still be addressed in January. Let's be clear, I'm not a big fan of Hughes but if you think that Moyes or Allardyce would do any better then that's just wishful thinking.

I'd rather have Redknapp than have Allardyce anywhere near our club.

of course allardyce would. What a ridiculous thing to say.

So you think Hughes will turn it round? Allardyce would 100% do better than Hughes

I thought Hughes needed 4 points from Watford & Fulham. I think now it has to be the case that only a win at Craven Cottage is acceptable. BUT, given we now have a two week break, I wouldn't be surprised by or against replacing him already.

Today, I think he should have some credit for his team selection and our first half performance. It might not have been perfect (and look where we are in the table, can we expect perfection?) but it was quite an enjoyable performance irrespective of the goal, but obviously that helped too! Even Unbelievable Jeff commented that "maybe it was Les Reed all this time" - as if we needed any more evidence that it was going well!

The issue is that once again we can't keep that level of performance up for any longer than 45 minutes. If it was 80 minutes of good performance without a second goal and then conceding you could forgive it, but it's not even 60 minutes. I know that the fragile mentality definitely plays a part, and I think that's more an issue with the players, although Hughes does still have some influence. The big one for me is that we don't look fit enough. Some of our players are dead on their feet mid way through the second half and that's not acceptable at this level.

A good half is reason to be optimistic, because it shows that the players are capable of Premier League level football. But when you continually fail to ever play well for more than 45 minutes, in the end you have to attribute that to coaching/management.

Whereas with Pellegrino I was desperate for him to go and every week grew more aghast that he still had a job, I don't feel like that with Hughes, it's more of a "the evidence stacking up against him" situation.

Like keep us up as Hughes did
1 home win in a year?

Players unfit, wrong subs again, team morale is abysmal arguing amongst each other no team spirit.

When they scored our captain was looking at the grass rather than lifting and driving players on. No leaders is not his fault but bugger me we look shot once a team score

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm only responding to your inane posts.

You don't like Hughes, fine, neither do I particularly, but you derail every thread with what appears to be nothing but vile and hatred, and you just come across as bitter and twisted, which isn't healthy for anyone.

I've been correct all along though haven't I? I called EXACTLY how this would go.

There was really no downside for Hughes picking a few of the irregulars today. It immediately reinforced the narrative that Reed was a problem, whether the result was good or bad.

Call me a cynic, but I don't believe Reed has had any say over the first XI this season, and that the fault with the tactics, selection and substitutes rests entirely with Hughes.

Yeah we can change the manager, maybe get a little kick start, but it'll be back to normal sooner rather than later because the squad is full of the biggest load of unlikable tossers ever.

I’m afraid I feel exactly the same. There aren’t many players in this squad I actually like. They are all of a mindset where they think they are better than they actually are.

Nope, doesn't prove you right at all. What you were saying, and indeed have been saying, wasn't based on any insightful knowledge but an odd predisposition.

What rubbish - I backed all my points up in March with statistics, and then again in May with statistics - I know it's hard to admit you were duped by Hughes when others weren't, but it's OK. I'm sure you'll be correct in the future.

Bizarre.......Hughes is terrible. Two bright spots today were Gabi and Yoshi.....both who this t**t of a manager has ignored all season.

Bringing on Obafemi with 1 minute left - wtf?

Players unfit - who should take the blame for that?

Lack of tactics and setup - who should take the blame for that?

On the radio Hughes said that was Gabis best position. So that’s why it’s the first time he played him there then

He's a terrible manager. Always shrugging and giving it the 'it's nothing to do with me' bit. No determination to put it right. Just complacent. Take the shilling like he did as a player with us. Thinks he's above it all. Fed up with it. Time to get someone who will put a rocket up these players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What rubbish - I backed all my points up in March with statistics, and then again in May with statistics - I know it's hard to admit you were duped by Hughes when others weren't, but it's OK. I'm sure you'll be correct in the future.

Don’t listen to them. They’re just jealous. You went out on a limb on this one and are slowly but surely being proven correct.

Edited by shurlock

a fairly decent list of out-of-work managers

Who?

Hughes has been sh:t but this "anyone would be better" mentality is daft. Anyone was better than Puel apparently, then Pellegrino.

If we can secure an upgrade, he has to go.

Swansea dropped off a cliff. Last 9 games of last season 6L 3D. Five of those losses to close out the season.

Exactly - by my reckoning, in his 8 league games at the end of last season MH acheived 8 points, that is the same total as MoPe gained from the preceding 8 matches. This season he has managed to actually reduce his points per game tally. We only stayed up because luckily we had a match against a team that was somehow playing worse than us.

Nope, nobody was duped, just willing to give him a chance. We could be top of the league and you'd still be unhappy.

Who?

Hughes has been sh:t but this "anyone would be better" mentality is daft. Anyone was better than Puel apparently, then Pellegrino.

If we can secure an upgrade, he has to go.

Have a look. I am not posting the link here when someone has already

Have a look. I am not posting the link here when someone has already

I'm not asking for a link, I'm asking you who think is a better option. While I agree he's been a disaster this season, nobody will persuade me that BFS or Moyes would be an upgrade.

I'm not asking for a link, I'm asking you who think is a better option. While I agree he's been a disaster this season, nobody will persuade me that BFS or Moyes would be an upgrade.

Well, no point debating it as BFs would clearly be an upgrade